Friday 15 October 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!

   



If you are looking for cute and quirky printables for holidays or parties or whatever, I found these 16 free printables over on Tater Tots and Jello.   



I found this adorable Halloween banner over on Skip to My Lou.   Don't they look like fun, and so easy to do as well!    


In fact I found this entire Page which is filled with delightful free printables for Halloween, and  lots of other holidays.  There are bookmarks and treat boxes and just about anything you are looking for when it comes to the holidays!  



Look at these adorable Cake Pops!!   Aren't they just the sweetest things!   They would be perfect for any Autumnal party you want to throw!  I found them on Uncommon Designs.   That's a great page by the way.  They really tickle my creative fancy!   



With the cold weather upon us I was feeling up for a nice hot chocolate and look what I found! Twenty Five recipes for a variety of hot chocolates!  It's Hot Chocolate heaven, and you can find them all on A Night Owl Blog.   Fabulous!  Who knew? 


And because I am crazy for apples, especially at this time of year I went snooping on A Night Owl Blog and I found a plethora of tasty looking Apple Desserts!   I tell you that blog is a real pot of gold!  So happy I discovered it! 

 

I found this really neat tutorial for making your own pull out Canned Food Storage unit on Classy Clutter.   I don't know about you, but I think this is a fabulous idea!  There are just so many talented and smart people out there.  I am always amazed at the ideas they come up with!  



Is there a special little girl on your gift list that you want to make something special for?? There is on mine and look what I found!  Minnie Mouse Hair Clips over at Pinkie for Pink!  Aren't they sweet?   She gives a complete tutorial on how to make them yourself for that special little girl in your life! 

When I was a little girl I wanted a pair of Micky Mouse ears, did you? 



Now this is something completely different!  Hot Chocolate On a Stick!  You  just stir them into hot milk and voila!  Hot Chocolate!  I found the instructions here on Turtles and Tails!  Oh but there are some really clever people out there! 


How about a DIY Ginger Bread House Kit for the people you can personally hand a gift to.  (I don't think I would recommend mailing them!)  You see these things in the grocery shops and they cost a bomb to buy.  Why not make your own.  You can find out how and all the templates are there on The 36th Avenue.  What a fab idea! 


This lady on Its Overflowing is so very clever.   She makes her own Mistletoe out of felt! She doesn't mind sharing how either, so hop on over to her page and find out how to make your own mistletoe. It looks really simple!  


Now, this . . . is an ambitious project.  But it sounds lovely and if I had a growing family and lots of activity during the Christmas season I would do it in a heart beat.  A Twenty Five Days of Christmas Journal.  Find it over on   Stitch In Time  What a fabulous keepsake it would be! 


I found this great article on meal planning and time saving dinner ideas over at a blog called It's a Keeper.   Even if you don't like her recipes, there are some great tips there on planning weekly menus, saving time and money, and perhaps even eating much better than you do now.  Can't hurt! Plus there is a really nice free printable Meal Planner which includes a grocery list. 


If the idea of these don't get your tastebuds tingling, then I don't know what will.  Pecan Pie Egg Rolls!  I found the recipe over at Capturing Joy with Kristin Duke.   



If you have ever been to Ikea and eaten in their restaurant and had the meatballs, you must know that they are the tastiest meatballs ever!  Well, I think they are at any rate.   I found this on Pinterest.  You can click here to get to the link and pin it yourself.  They look like the real deal to me! 


How to clean your house naturally, recipes for cleaning tub & tile, Toilets, Drains, Glass, laundry and an all purpose cleaner.   All on Pinterest, of course.  It doesn't give a home page, so you can just click here and see the picture a lot larger! 


Do you have an emergency kit in your car???  Neither do we.  It makes sense to have one though.  The V Spot Blog has a really good tutorial on creating one.  I am so going to implement this.  Better safe than sorry and winter is coming!    


These delightful little Mouse Ornaments in my favourite online pattern shop, Gingermelon.   Shelly is so very talented.   I love everything she makes.  It's all adorable! 



I found these really sweet fabric covered jars that make beautiful votives.  Would they not be just darling done with Christmas fabrics for the holidays?   You can find a great tutorial here on Fellow Fellow.  So simple and you know how lazy I am! 


Crochet edged fleece blankets on The Little Yellow House.  So simple to do.   Why didn't I think of that!   Such a great idea.  You can get some really nice fleece. 

And those are my finds for this week. I hope there was something of interest for you here!



I had a wonderful time with Cindy yesterday. It was just a nice drive together and boo around the shops. We ran into a thunderstorm halfway up the valley. It was raining really hard and at times the lightening was right over the car!  We both got what we needed and just enjoyed some nice time together. We talk, and talk, and talk. I hope she enjoys these little jaunts as much as I do!  

I was prompted last night to do my first entry in my art journal and so I painted her car.  Its not great, but its a memory at least!                                     


The tree colors right now are absolutely amazing! Its been years since I have seen anything like it!  It was such a beautiful drive yesterday.  I need to grab Eileen and Tim and go for a drive next sunny day.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Do not think that love,
in order to be genuine,
has to be extraordinary.
What we need is to love
without getting tired.
~Mother Teresa  •。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Easy Pizza Casserole. Its delicious!

Have a great Friday! May your day be blessed and filled with beauty.  Don't ever forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

13 comments:

  1. I still have a Mickey Mouse hat that belonged to one of our daughters. Love your first art journal page, first of many, Happy Friday, enjoy the fall colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful treasure Lind! Thank you so much. It does look like her car, but maybe not as blue! Happy Friday! xoxo

      Delete
  2. It is a beautiful time of year. Those trees by your home are lovely. Leaf peeping season has begun. I love the colors especially on a cloudy rainy day such as we have here today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister said on the news that they are at their peak right now! I went out today for a week walk in the sunshine and took a few pictures up the road. Stunning. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Awas loved your cars:) And Gingermelon!Great for felts too.
    Enjoy fall..it's fleeting.But oh how pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. She has the nicest patterns and materials. I hope you are also enjoying autumn! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your trees are stunning! Loved that hide-away shelf for canned goods. Enjoy your weekend, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Elaine! Oh to have a carpenter on tap when you need them! Happy weekend. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. WOW, thanks for sharing all these links...the recipe ones especially!! And your leaves are simply stupendous...great colors indeed...some years outdo themselves don't they? As for hot chocolate, just received my latest order from STASH tea...they have one called Chocolate Mint now...and add a bit of stevia and (next am going to put some ALmond Milk in too)...what a great treat for a diabetic!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Elizabeth! Oh that hot chocolate does sound lovely. I will have to look for that! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh those colours!! Nothing like that out here. We get excited when we see a yellow maple leaf!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten just how stunning the colors were Angharad. I am speechless at the beauty here! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wow, you had a lot of fabulous finds on this one. I liked the Hot Chocolate recipes and the Hot Chocolate on a stick; fun! Then the apple dessert recipes would be great too.
    I loved the fleece blankets with the Crocheted edging; I could probably do that.
    Thanks for the list for cleaning natural cleaning supplies and what you need for car emergencies.
    I love that you took a drive with Cindy. I can tell you have really gone forward in making a great life for yourself.
    Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!