Friday 1 October 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!    


 


Hat & Scarf all in one.  Harlequin Hoodie by Markin of the Hat and I on Ravelry. 

   

 

Three Little Knitted Frogs.  Free pattern.  Love this.    




Emmmy Lizzzy.  Pouf Chair.   




Leigh Laurel Studios.  Free tutorial for a Tic Tac Toe Game. 


 

The Cottage Mama.  Mary Jane Baby Shoes.   



 

No source, just inspiration. I quite like these wire angels. 


 

The Craft Train.  Mini Lid Banjos.  Cute! These would make great Stocking Stuffers. 


 

Crochet 365, Knit Too.  Daisy Mae Bag. Free.   




Sea Glass Votive. I couldn't find the source, but it looks simple enough. Put a shot glass into a kilmer jar, with a votive in it, then fill around the shot glass with sea glass.  

 



E How.  How to make fake sea glass.   

 


White River Junction Pattern by Natalie Marshall on Ravelry. Not free, but not expensive. I love this. It looks great in other colours also.  I need to learn to knit better. 

 



Krokotak.  Crocodile Castanets.  What fun!  You're never too old to have fun! 




The Flavour Bender.  Quick and Easy Rough Puff Pastry.   

 



Popsicle Stick Harmonica. Housing a Forest.  Another cute stocking stuffer idea.   




Live Craft Eat.  Christmas Stars.   




Lia Griffith.  Pom Pom Gnomes.  




Nag on the Lake.  Matchboxes filled with art.   
 


Rescued Paw Designs.  Simple Striped Blanket. Easy.   


Simple Garter Stitch Slippers, by  Hanna Levaniemie on Ravelry. 



Made Every Day.  Make your own Bias Tape.  


Martha Stewart, knitted neck scarf.  Love this. 

 

Hoosier Homemade.  Hot Cocoa Kits.   


Fab Art DIY.  I love this.  Its so pretty and so colourful!  And it looks really easy.  



Sew Can She.  Bit O' Kindness Little Pouch.  Small pouches you can use up your scraps on and fill with something special for someone you care about.   


Sew Soft Cuddle Strip Blankets.  Simple to make.  

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope that there was something of interest for you!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I am thankful for all
those negative people in my life.
They have shown me 
exactly who I did not want to be.
~Unknown    •。★★ 。* 。  


 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  deliciously simple, Melting Onions. Two words. Make them.

I was so relieved yesterday to hear from my son after his operation. He texted me and then he facetimed me a bit later. He was in pain, but didn't want any pain meds.  He says he takes enough meds without adding to them. He was hoping to start home to PEI this morning. I am so grateful for his getting through the procedure safely.  They had to intubate him on the operating table because he wasn't breathing, and he took a long time to come out of the anesthetic, but overall he did really well. Now, God willing, he should be able to live a long and happy life.  They say the battery will need to be changed in 9 to 10 years, but he is good to go.  Praise God!  Thank you all so much for your prayers.  They meant the world to us.  Praying now that he heals well with no problems.

I hope that you have a lovely Friday.  My sister and I are going up country this morning to Michaels.  I need to get some watercolor paper. My sister is going to make me a watercolor journal.  I am excited about that! She is so good to me.  She came yesterday on her way home from work to help me put the flea medication on the kittens. And today she is going to help me tablet them with the worming medicine. 

My father came for supper last night.  It was nice. Nothing too special, just meat pie, chips and peas/corn. He likes it simple. 




Have a wonderful day, no matter what you get up to.  Happy first day of October! Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




7 comments:

  1. Safe travels for your son, so glad the procedure will help him. Enjoy your Michaels outing with your sister, just being together is fun in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful your son came through his surgery just fine ! What a relief! Good News for sure !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie~

    Cute finds today, I wish I knew someone who had a little one to make cute things for! Maybe one day a...great grand!

    Continued prayers for Doug and his family. What a relief to have that surgery behind him.

    It's so nice of your sister to come help you, she is an angel! Trying to get a pill down a kitten is risky business! My daughter wraps them in a towel before she gives her kittens oral medication, it really helps.

    Enjoy your day, Marie! I'm looking forward to, General Conference this week-end, it always lifts my spirits! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like good news and a nice weekend. Happy day! xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear the good report on your son! Hoping he continues to do well and recovers fully.
    How kind your sister is - medicating kitties is no easy task and really does take two people.
    Hope you had fun at Michael's - and how wonderful to have such a good sister.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news about your son!! Thanks for sharing...we need some good news these days!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such good news about Doug. Hope he's safely home recovering well. Enjoy your visit to Michaels with Cindy. That's always fun. Have a good weekend. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!