Thursday 7 October 2021

My favorite things . . .

 

 


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   


 

Colourful throws  . . .  especially hand crocheted ones  . . . 


 


Painted wood furniture  . . . 


 

Pretty pillow covers . . .  

 

This  . . .  the colour, the trim, the window box . . . 

 
(source)

Yeats  . . .  

 
(source)

Big Ben and the parliament buildings, London bridge, at night  . . .  any city at night really. 

 

 

Puffins, they are like the clowns of the bird world  . . . 



Little out of the way cafe's.  They have the best food  . . . 

 

Red and white toadstools  . . . 

 

Men in kilts  . . . 

 

Sticky buns  . . . 

 

Copper kettles  . . . 


 

Log fires and the smell of wood smoke . . .

 

Really good crusty bread  . . . they have the best bread in France  . . . 

 

Dressing in layers  . . . 


 

Chestnuts  . . . 

 

This combination of colours  . . . 

 

Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese  . . . the ultimate comfort food  . . . 


 

Ripe pears  . . .  I think they are my favorite fruit  . . .  next to cherries  . . . 


 

Turkey, roast turkey and I am looking forward to having one this weekend!  😀😋 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope some of them are yours too.  

I have to add that YOU are also some of my favorite people!  Thank you so much for your Happy thoughts and Prayers yesterday.  They really helped.  Just in case you missed it, Gabe's tummy ache was confirmed as appendicitis yesterday morning, and he had an appendectomy yesterday afternoon.  My son sent me a photograph afterwards of him resting comfortably post op.  Whew!  Here's hoping he heals well and is back to scratch in no time! Last I heard from my son, his wife had taken over hospital duty and he was back home taking care of Luke and looking forward to a good night's sleep.  💖 I hope that he got it.  Sometimes when you are over-tired its harder to fall asleep.  

I enjoyed going to my sister's last night for Nachos.  She makes the best Nachos in the world.  We enjoyed some time walking around her garden after we had done the dishes. You should see her Kale. Its beautiful!

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛Wild, wild west wind,
thou breath of Autumn's being.
Thou from whom unseen presence
the leaves, dead, are driven,
like ghosts from an enchanter, fleeing.
~Shelley, Ode to the West Wind•。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today . . .  Garlic & White Cheddar Bisque.  This delicious soup would make a perfect starter for a holiday or celebratory meal or a really delicious lunch, served with some hot crusty bread!

Have a wonderful Thursday. I need to go to the farm market and buy a few vegetables. I end up throwing too much away when I buy them at the grocery store. I need to go to a place where I can just buy what I need.  I hope you always remember and never forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  





16 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things went well for Gabe, hoping the oath to full recovery goes well too. I would love to see and photograph a puffin. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's home from the hospital today and although in a bit of pain doing fabulously! I bet you would take a fab photo of a puffin! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Such good news about Gabe. Glad his parents took him to the hospital instead of waiting. I'm glad he is okay. Loved your favourite things, as usual. Have fun at the market. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I am grateful that they didn't mess about either. Its good to know he is now safe and healing! Love and hugs, oxox

      Delete
  3. Wow..lucky they went to the hospital..poor kiddo!Good that it's fixed..Love those colors in that blanket..love..If I get back into it may have to try.
    Can you not find good bread where you live..honestly her..we have nothing to envy France re bread..baguettes etc..as good all the way in every aspect..I've spent enough time there now..and here to know:):):)
    I tried growing kale it's gorgeous in a garden..now especially..I babied..watered..ust enough so the rabbits would thoroughly enjoy it.lol..not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much in this very small town. But I hope to get my sour dough started again soon! My sister's kale is so beautiful. So far no rabbits have bothered it! xoxo

      Delete
  4. PS I wanted to thank you re the mention of your new paintbrushes.I have amassed many but have very few that get to a pinpoint..I ordered some like yours ..have only used ne..once..but tat's a point:)So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love this easy sharing we do with each other re recipes, art and super talented people!! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Me too..how else would we knoW!

      Delete
  5. Good news about Gabe. 4yrs ago our only grandson had a ruptured appendix, which went undiagnosed for 4 days, he was eleven years old. He was medi-vacced to BC children’s hospital where he stayed for 32 days. He survived and was in a wheelchair for some time as he was so weak. The wonderful doctors and nurses fought for his life and won. Thanking God everyday for those wonderful people. I was anxious when you said Gabe had appendicitis, you know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, what a horrendous experience that must have been. I know a friend of ours, many years ago, her son's appendix ruptured. Thank goodness your grandson was okay in the long run and I am grateful that Gabe was seen to quickly as well. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Gabe is a trooper, glad all went well. 🙏🏼 xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done and what a brave boy Gabe ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad your Gabe is OK.
    I always relate to your favorite things because so many of them I like too. I love painted furniture because my Mother' used to repaint furniture all the time. When I would go to camp, I would love home to new looking furniture that she had just re-painted. I don't think I appreciated all the work it too.
    The little yellow home is adorable. I love the colors.
    I do love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. It is the ultimate comfort food.
    Sticky Bread and all breads, I like.
    It is time for a good fire, hot chocolate and a great book.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!