Tuesday 12 October 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, October 12, 2021

Outside my window ... 
Its still very dark.  Cool too. I was out about 5:30 to pop a letter into the post box so that it would go out today. It was cool and quiet, although there were cars moving out and about even then.  I was a bit afraid I would run into a wild animal like a skunk or something, but thankfully I didn't!

I am thinking ...
I was talking to my friend Tina yesterday on facetime and we were reflecting back on the  journey I have taken over this past year.  It was about this time last year that my life began unravelling. Tina was my confident from the beginning. There were many lunches eaten in her car outside of McDonalds with me weeping and her listening. When I look at how far I have come I am literally amazed. There is no way I could have taken the journey that I did and done what I have done without Divine intervention. God is real and He works in marvelous ways. We are His hands on earth, inspired by Him to do what He needs us to do. I had so many helpers.  I was like a zombie, just putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward. What a blessing everyone was to me and is to me.

I am looking forward to ...
My son Doug, hopefully, coming to stay for a few days at the end of November.

I am thankful for ...
See above. Faith, family, friends, so many supportive people in so many ways.

In the kitchen ...


 
Mom's Best Apple Pie.  Nothing fancy. Pure and simple. Delicious. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

  

Cookin Canuck. Slow Cooker Vegetable Barley Soup. This looks really delicious and healthy as well. 

One of my favorite things ... 


Vintage Greetings  . . . 

I am wanting to create ... 

Kirsten Holloway Designs.  Free pattern for a crochet cap. 



Esther Braithwaite on Ravelry. A free pattern. 



Toyshelf on Etsy. Not free but very cute. 



Dove Crafts on Ravelry. Cute slippers. Crochet.






Fab Art DIY.   Free Pattern. So pretty 

I am reading ... 


The Widow's War, by Mary Mackey 
In 1853, Carolyn Vinton is left alone and pregnant after her fiancé, abolitionist doctor William Saylor, disappears. After his stepbrother convinces her that William is dead, Carolyn accepts his offer of marriage, not realizing that she is being drawn into an elaborate ruse by her new husband and his father, a pro-slavery senator–and that William is still alive. 

 Their passionate reunion takes place in the midst of the violent Civil War, as abolitionists and pro-slavers battle over the Kansas Territory. Now only their willingness to sacrifice their lives for their beliefs–and for each other–can save them.

Have only just started this. 

Dreaming About ... 

 

Pancakes and syrup  . . . 

 

Funky Crochet  . . . 

Glass door knobs  . . . 

 

Wool Blankets  . . . 

 

All white bed linens  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Watching Downton Abby again for the umpteenth time. It never gets old  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 



Grandsons who love to cook. Jake is making the Thanksgiving gravy.  Yum!!

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Hall's Harbour Lobster Pound and Restaurant.  I have eaten there many years ago with my dad. We had  . . .  wait for it  . . . fish and chips! 

A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*"The glory of gardening: 
Hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. 
To future a garden is to feed not just on the body, 
but the soul."  ~Alfred Austin  •。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

 Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

4 comments:

  1. It's been quite the journey for you, indeed. And here you are, safe among family and friends in your homeland. Loved the little scarf and those pretty plaid blankets. Enjoy your day. I'm off to have breakfast. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully God's mercies are new every morning. Your faith has seen you through a trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so lovely! Thank you for a bit of joy on a dreary day.
    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Terri! Blessings to you also. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!