Tuesday 1 June 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

   

FOR TODAY, June 1st, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its overcast. I think we are in for some rain. It really tipped it down last night.

I am thinking ...
However have we gotten to the month of June? It doesn't seem possible that we are somehow halfway through the year and yet, here we are! 

I am thankful for ...
There is not much I am not thankful for!  That spells a happy life.  Gratitude is the key.

In the kitchen ... 

 

BLT Chicken Salad.  Built for two and its delicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Cooking with Manuela.  Italian Almond Cookies. 

One of my favorite things ... 

 

Lace Curtains  . . . 

I am wanting to create ... 

 

Hodge Podge Craft.  Free floral meadow embroidery pattern. 


 

Pattern Center.  Sunburst Granny Squares ideas.  Love the colors in this one. Very feminine.

 

RX Knit and Crochet.  Hanging dishtowel. I was sure I had packed the ones mom made, but somehow they are not here.

 
 

Daisy and Storm, free pattern for cat toy mouse. 

 

Fab Art DIY.  Cat paw chair socks. 

I am reading ... 

 

Ruth, a novel, by H. B. Moore
Master storyteller and best-selling author H. B. Moore brings to life the biblical account of Ruth as never before in this vivid retelling of her courageous and faithful life. 

 Following the death of Ruth's husband, she finds herself at a crossroads. Rather than return to her family and hometown, the young widow makes a remarkable decision: she will remain with her mother-in-law, Naomi, as her caretaker and companion. 

 Together, the two widows boldly leave behind the lives they knew in the land of Moab and make their way to Bethlehem, arriving downtrodden and destitute. Though Ruth works day and night to provide for Naomi, it is ultimately through the kindness and generosity of Boaz that the two women find respite from their trials. As Ruth comes to know Boaz, she finds that her broken heart is beginning to heal in ways she could never have imagined. But when a question of inheritance threatens any hope of a life with Boaz, Ruth may have to give up the last piece of her heart in order to secure her future. 

Ruth has always been one of my favorite women in the bible. I am loving this book so far.  The author brings the characters to life beautifully. 

I am looking forward to ...
Going to my sister's tomorrow to celebrate Dan's birthday with homemade lasagne and chocolate birthday cake! 
 
Dreaming about ...

 
(source

Puppies  . . . 

 
(source
 
Cottage signs  . . . 

 
(source

Layers  . . .  

 
(source

Elbow patches  . . . 

 
(source

Whiskers and eyes  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

Joanna Lumley In the Land of the Northern Lights, on Acorn.  Thoroughly enjoyed this. Stunning landscapes.

A Quote for the day ... 
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
If you want a place in the sun,
you've got to put up with a few blisters.
~Abigail Van Buren( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻
( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me smile ...

 

Corners of my kingdom ...

 

Bin day on the cul de sac.

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Living in the past is a dull and lonely business;
looking back strains the neck muscles,
causes you to bump into people not going your way.
~Edna Ferber•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

8 comments:

  1. Well, it is bin day here today too. I wheeled mine out to the curb last night. We sometimes forget to be thankful for the little things. Aren't we fortunate we have some one to cart it al away and dispose of it. Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do, but there is much to be thankful for, especially in the ordinary things we often take for granted Pam! Bin men are unsung heros! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pink afghan. Love the cute mice cat toys, too. And a BLT Chicken salad to boot. Happy June 1st. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy June 1st Elaine! Did I hear correctly that the numbers are going down in Ontario! yay! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lace curtains! Happy birthday to Dan!
    It’s going to be a lovely June. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so V! Hope springs eternal! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Another fun Daybook entry. I like learning about your day. I always love the crochet items; that is a given.
    Lace curtains are beautiful. I really want some in my kitchen.
    I want to read that book sometime. Ruth and Naomi are some of my favorite women in the Bible. I love that story.
    Have a Happy Birthday moment with Dan and your beloved sisters.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!