Friday 25 June 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!    

 

Melarossa Creazioni.  Free pattern. 

 

Attic 24.  Granny Triangles. 




No source for this or instructions, but they are ice cream balloons!  Such a simple and easy idea and they would be great for parties! 



I am loving this simple do it yourself paper cup crown.  There is a complete picture tutorial on Estefi Machado!  It's in Spanish, but with the photographs you won't need to worry about that anyways.  I think it's brilliant! 


How to root hydrangeas.  From Gorgeous Flowers Garden & Love.  I never knew it was so simple.  


Have you always wanted to know how to fold your sheets like this?  So that you can store them easier and all together in the linen cupboard?   I found a complete pictorial tutorial on The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking!  It's just brilliant.  



I love the organization of this unit.   From Not Just a Housewife.  
 
 

I love this make-over of the spice rack into a paint caddy!  Found on The Palette Muse


How to remove labels from anything.  Found on Born Free.  No fuss, no muss.  Easy peasy! 




Now, this is an absolutely brilliant idea!  I am always losing the end of the tape and wasting it trying to get it loose.   Paper clip it!  Found on First for Women




A DIY Crochet  Lace Cake Dome.  Found on Daily Fix



 

A complete tutorial on how to make a unique outdoor planter using an old chandelier.  Brilliant.  Found on While They Snooze.  It doesn't look that difficult to do.  The hard part for me would be finding the chandelier! 



Handy to know. From ClabberGirl. 


 

Isn't this the cutest pot holder you have ever seen?  I know!  I love cherry anything!  This is a free pattern that you can find on Best Free Crochet

 



Isn't this a really cute sock doll?   I know!  Sweet!  I found a complete tutorial on how to make this over on Craft.   It's so adorable!  (Simple to make too!) 

 



 7 Diy Projects that you can make using dried herbs!  There is everything from wall decor to wreaths.  I found this on DIY Ready.

 

 


With fruit season coming up this may come in handy.  How to make Strawberry Jam from Stone Gable.  There is nothing tastier than homemade jams and jellies. I used to make bucket loads when I had all the kids in the house.   Lots of pickles too.   They loved my homemade dills!  I never ever made enough!  We always ran out. 




And from that same site, homemade Laundry Soap.  That page is a virtual gold mine.  There's all sorts of fabulous ideas there, recipes too! 



A fab new use for those toilet paper/kitchen paper towel rolls!  With a bit of scrapbook papers and not a lot of work, you have cute little pillow box gift holders!  Ingenious!  From The Centsible Life!  People are just so amazing at what they come up with!  I love it! 


Okay, now this is absolutely flippin' brilliant!  I don't know who thought of this, but I want to shake their hand.   What a fabulous idea!  You quite simply seal a plastic bag with the top of a water bottle or any plastic bottle and the lid.  You could do this for anything you have opened and want to store!  I am so excited about this!  Can you tell?? 


 I found this on All Things Homie.  It's a brilliant way of making an ugly wall monitor into something not quite so ugly.   Frame it! 


Twinkle lights in Mason Jars.  How very lovely!  Such a simple idea too.  Found on All Things Heart and Home.  People are just so darned inventive don't you think???  


Did you know you can print on paper bags????   I didn't either!  But apparently you can, and I found a tutorial on how to do that here, on Oh Happy Day.  The implications are fabulous!  Party bags, lunch bags, etc. etc.  Valentines Day Treats.  Halloween Treats.   Christmas Treats.   There is no end to what you can do with this idea! 
 

Isn't this pretty?   Do you know what they are made from???  The bottoms from soda bottles!  I know!  It's so amazing!  Eco friendly Blossoms by Michelle Brand found on iDiY.  Fishing line would be the perfect thing to string these together on I think.  I think they are just gorgeous. 

 


Something for the kiddles to help you with.  A Garden Rock Caterpillar!  I found this tutorial on Nellie Bellie.  Isn't it cute? 


I am a big fan of craft paper such as this and I think it makes a beautiful wrap for presents.  You can really adapt it to different methods and things.   This is such a simple presentation here.   The paper doily and ribbon really spark this off.  I love it.  From Un Chin de Magea . 


Kraft paper simply executed in a beautiful way.  I love this. It is so pretty and unique.  From Carolyn's Homework.  The bird is from  an artist named Geninne Zlatkis.  It's so beautiful. 



Another idea which is absolutely beautiful in it's simplicity.  From One Fine Dae.   She has used her sewing machine here to help her out.  It's quite simply gorgeous.

Of course if you have a bazillion gifts to wrap you aren't going to do any of these things, but one at a time, spread out over a long period of time.  All quite do-able. 
 

I just adore these origami bows from Moodkids.   There are so many things you can do with this.  I especially love the bunting! 



 I love, LOVE this paper lantern.   I think it is unusual and quite beautiful.   You can find out more here, on Rebbeca's DIY.   Know what I think would be really nice done as this.  The Eiffle Tower or the Statue of Liberty . . .  Big Ben!  

And those are my finds for this week. I hope there was something here to strike your fancy! 

I shall leave you now with a thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°
Believe you can, and
You're halfway there.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。  




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Crispy Chicken Salad.  This was fabulously tasty! 

Have a brilliant Friday. I cannot believe that this is the last one in June! Where does the time go!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 


8 comments:

  1. Your Friday finds are very creative and innovative. Love the Kraft paper wrapped packages. I bet you could crochet the cherry potholder. Happy Friday. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! I may give it a go if I can find the yarn! Happy Friday to you as well! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love your Friday Finds. I may try that with the thermostat frame, whoever lived here before obviously replaced the thermostat, but with a smaller size and did not repaint first. It's an eyesore. Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute finds this week. I’ve always folded my sheets and tucked them into the pillow case, so much easier to store. I’m going to try printing on a paper bag. Have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the best!!Wow the sheets in a pillow case who knew? Not me and I old sheets so badly..Really lots of cute ideas..bottle tops..that cake dome:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandmother used to make this potholders that looked like dresses. Thanks for jogging my memory today !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie~

    Love, love, love!! Where on earth do you find all of these amazing things?! The printed paper bags really made me smile - can you imagine all of the fun things you could do with those? And those cute little sock dolls...be still my heart! But most of all, I love the lantern! I'm going to make one, I love it! Thank you for taking the time to find all of these fun ideas! XOXOXO

    Love you tons!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!