Tuesday 15 June 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

FOR TODAY, June 15th 2021

Outside my window ... 
It has started raining. That's a good thing as things were getting quite dry and it will rinse the pollen off my car.  Bonus! 

I am thinking ...
Since my blog revamp, my statistics have dropped by 2/3. This is quit disconcerting and worrisome to say the least. Putting it into God's hands that it is something simple that I can fix.

I am thankful for ...
Food in my belly, a roof over my head, family, friends, faith. I live in a peaceful country. I am relatively healthy. Its all good.

In the kitchen ... 



Cranberry, Arugula & Grains Salad.  My sister brought me some of this the other day. Its delicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Wine & Glue.  Philly Cheesesteak Casserole.  

One of my favourite things ... 



My new painting. It came from Photowall, a gift from them. It goes wonderfully with the colors in my living room!  I love it!
 

I am wanting to create ... 


Hook Loop Sarah.  Crochet Armrest Cover. 

 

Make and Takes.  Circle Crochet Garland. 


Etsy. Ugg Boot crochet slippers. Not free, but not expensive. 

 

Danielle on flickr.  Inspiration only.  A great way to use some scraps up. 

 

Designer Trapped.  Complete tutorial on making curtains from flat sheets. 

I am reading ... 

 

Grace, by T Greenwood
Trevor Kennedy is 13 years old and has no idea where he fits in the world. Teachers used to praise his sensitivity and diligence — now they shake their heads at him, calling him a problem child.

Only his art Grace cover teacher seems to care about understanding him anymore — and gives him the amazing gift of a camera. Trevor increasingly hides from the world in the photographs he takes. He observes life around him, hoping that by refraining from participating, he won’t cause any more trouble for himself or his family.

And indeed, the Kennedy family has its share of problems. Kurt is struggling to make ends meet with the family business — not knowing how he’s going to make his next mortgage payment and can’t share his burden with the family. Meanwhile, Elisabeth feels like a failure of a mother. While she dotes on her daughter, Grace, she can’t seem to summon any sort of maternal love for Trevor. What’s more, unaware of her family’s financial problems, Elisabeth increasingly turns to retail therapy to make her miserable life a little more pleasant. 

 Grace portrays a family on the brink of destruction. Trevor can no longer keep silent when boys come to bully him — and fighting back only creates more problems. Through his photographs, he experiences a new world, but they may not be enough to exorcise the demons that plague the Kennedy family. As each family member sinks to new depths, they find themselves on a collision course with fate from which there may be no turning back. 

Have only just started this book. So far so good.

I am looking forward to ... 
Every Tuesday afternoon I meet on Zoom with a Missionary couple in Red Deer Alberta. We do the Come Follow Me together. I really enjoy it.  

Dreaming About ... 

 

Lace edging  . . . 

 
(source

Knitted Hot Water Bottle Covers  . . . 

 

That face  . . . . 

 

Homemade jam  . . . . 

 

Flowery blankets  . . . 

Something to watch ...  


Midsomer Murders 
I watch on my Roku TV. Its free, but there are a multiple ways to stream this show.  I know one thing, I wouldn't want to live in Midsomer. lol Everyone's dying there! 

A Quote for the day ... 
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
You'll be amazed at what you attract₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
after you start believing in what ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
you deserve. ~Unknown₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me smile ...

 

Vintage bluebirds  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

Fort Anne near Annapolis Royal. A present day reminder of a time when conflict between Europe's empire builders was acted out on the shores of the Annapolis River. It offers a sweeping view of the beautiful Annapolis Basin from the centre of Annapolis Royal. Museum exhibits highlight the history of the fort. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Fall in love with the world around you,
with the sound of birds, with thunderstorms,
with the little flowers that grow against
all  odds in random places  . . . •。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   








13 comments:

  1. Here we are having a sunny day and it's cooler and very mild out. It's a refreshing kind of day after the above normal temps we had last week. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been raining off and on all day here today Pam! We do need the rain, so it is welcome. I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the painting, looks wonderful in your living room. Drizzle here right now, we are heading out shortly for our second vaccine shot. We watch Midsummer Murders as well, and I say the same thing about not wanting to live there. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your shot goes well! I am due to have mine in August! Thanks Linda. It does look nice I agree! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Linda is the best web designer..I'm sure if its a glitch she can fix it.What a great gift! Beautiful.not sure what Roku is still denating on adding Acorn..Britbox..it all adds up..but these days Neflix and Prime..well we've seen them all..:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No glitch. Its just Blogger. I heard back from Mediavine and there is no change in the traffic from where they are standing! Roku is a free streaming channel I have on my Roku tv. I am sure you can get it as a streaming channel however. Midsummer is on Acorn or Britbox I think. I love both of those channels and they both bring different things to the table! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your picture looks lovely in your living room. It's perfect there! I bet you could make those crochet armchair covers. Bright colours to go with your rug. I'm off to have a look at Cindy's salad. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I am sure I could do the armchair covers with my scraps! Bright colours! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. So many nice things in this post. I am surprised your statistics have dropped. I like the cheerful crochet arm cover and the comfy slippers. I adore the village and TV series of Midsommer, but sometimes laugh and say, everyone in the village has been murdered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked with mediavine Terra, and they actually haven't gone down, it is just a blogger glitch for some reason. Whew! Yes, its a dangerous place to live is Midsommer! LOL xoxo

      Delete
  6. Lots of nice ideas here too...hope things improve at your recipe site soon!! So many yummy things to make, one of these days!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Things are going well on the recipe site. Just a temporary glitz on Blogger, that's all. Numbers have not changed. Whew! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Hi Marie....I have followed both of your blogs for over 10 years now, and really enjoy both. I can understand your concern with the drop off of viewers on "The English Kitchen"....I love the changes you have made and can easily find many of my favorite recipes. I think that whenever "change" occurs, people have to go through some adjustment....as you said, just give it some time...Best wishes and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!