Tuesday 29 June 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, June 29th, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its already 20*C. Not sure what that is in F. but it is plenty warm. There is a heat warning in effect for today, and we had rain in the night, so expect it will be accompanied with plenty of humidity. Not my favorite thing for sure.

I am thinking ... 
Every garbage day I put out my garbage and I cross my fingers, will they take it all. I always seem to have twice as much as anyone else on my street. Yesterday I walked down to the end to put my compostables in the bin and someone had put in what looked like a brand new mop/bucket.  What the heck? I was not putting my hand inside to take it out. These are all seniors here.  Could it be someone is a bit confused?

I am thankful for ...
A sound mind. 

In the kitchen ... 
 

It may seem a bit silly but I made a Seven Layer Salad for one.  Most people can probably manage this all on their own without any instruction, but I thought I would do it anyways, for the one perhaps who needs guidance. It was delicious. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Small Town Woman.  Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes.  Looks delicious! 

One of my favorite things ...

 


Anything with bees  . . . 

I am wanting to create ...  

 

Daisy Cottage Designs  . . .  Japanese Flower Coasters. 




I really like these reusable and washable baking dish covers.  What a great thing to have for taking dishes to pot lucks, etc.  or fridge storage.  From Smashed peas and Carrots on Riley Blake Designs.  



Create your own Button Bracelets. From Hope Studios.   I have made these before and they are super simple and super cute! 



Cutest little pompom bunnies.  From Big Cartel.   So sweet. 





Blooming Hearts.  From Simply Tale.  So cute. 

I am reading ... 



The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson
 As teenagers Poppy Carlisle and Serena Gorringe were the only witnesses to a tragic event. Amid heated public debate, the two seemingly glamorous teens were dubbed ‘The Ice Cream Girls’ by the press and were dealt with by the courts.

Years later, having led very different lives, Poppy is keen to set the record straight about what really happened, while married mother-of-two Serena wants no one in her present to find out about her past. But some secrets will not stay buried – and if theirs is revealed, everything will become a living hell all over again . . . 

I did watch a television series based on this book a number of years back. 
 
I am looking forward to ...
My daughter Eileen wants me to take her clothes shopping. Her father has given her the money, now all we have to do is pick a date to go. It will be fun! 

Dreaming about ... 

 
(source

Pretty paper fans  . . . 

 
(source

Pretty blankets  . . . 


French inspired  . . . 

 
(source

Wooden spools  . . . 

 
(source

Book art  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

The C Word, Amazon  . . . 

A Quote for the day ...  

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
“It is often in the darkest( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* 
skies that we see the
( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* 
brightest stars.” 
~Richard Evans( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* 
( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me smile ... 

 

Corners of my kingdom ...  

 

Last night at dusk . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*To care for those who
once cared for us
is the highest honor ° * 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   


6 comments:

  1. I love the view from your window- those hanging birds do make such a difference. I hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hot here too ..out west breaking records!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute button bracelets. It's too hot to do much today so may just finish reading my library book and call it enough. Stay cool. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    We are gearing up for temps in the 100's this coming week...not looking forward to that. We are also in a drought, so we are praying for rain.

    I love, seven layer salad, in fact, salad is on the menu this week so I don't have to heat up the kitchen.

    The book looks really good, I'm always looking for a good read.

    Clothes shopping sounds fun, I need to do that myself. It's always fun to go with your daughter, I know you will have lots of fun!

    Stay cool...XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, getting to take your daughter shopping for clothes!! Something I rarely got to do but much enjoyed! I suppose you have more trash than your neighbors in part due to cooking more? It has been hot here too...way hotter than normal. I hope you have AC like we do...it helps!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little mint cheesecakes look fab! Speaking of bees, do you read/watch Outlander? I must admit I'm hooked on both books and show. Her new book comes out in November - Go Tell The Bees That I am Gone. It's a time travel romance, think you might like. There are some disagreeable bits, but all in all great books. Have fun with Eileen shopping! Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!