Friday 18 June 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

  

A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!   



I haven't tried this yet, so I cannot truthfully endorse it, but I am going to try it and let you know!  Now I wonder if they mean liquid or creamed honey? Apparently you also need to use baking soda, so here is the link. 




This would go hand in hand.  From Diabetic tips. 


 How to use bubblewrap to keep your floating flowers floating. From Smart School House


I love these sweet little crochet kimono booties.  Adorable.  From The Whoot.  


  An Italian in My Kitchen.  Peach filled Crostata Bars.  These look incredibly delicious.  


A seasonal produce guide for July. I like to eat seasonaly if I can.  From Healthy Life for Me.  It will be July in just a few weeks now. Our strawberries are just coming into season here! 


Cosy Stripe Blanket from  Attic 24. I love this!  


From Creative Mom.  How to build a farmhouse bench for less than $20.  




No link, just inspiration for a tea pot bird feeder or house.  This is so sweet. 

 


Diary of a Quilter.  Drawstring bag tutorial.   



A Portable First Aid Kit from Positively Splendid.  A complete tutorial.   


Roll Up Picnic Placemats, with utensil pocket.  A complete tutorial from Centsational Girl


The Tea House  Top and Dress Pattern.  Simple, a pattern from Sew House Seven. Love this. 

 

Tessuiti.  Alice Dress Top Pattern.  I love this also.  I used to sew all my own clothes.  Perhaps I need to start again.  


A flight of fancy . . .  I wonder who lives here?  


From Sew Can She, a lovely little lunch tote.  You can buy one similar to this from Kath Kidston, but I am sure making your own would be a lot cheaper! A free pattern. 


Style Me Pretty.  A cute DIY Hostess apron.  Free pattern.  I can't think of anyone who wouldn't love this. 


Graceful Little Honey Bee.  25 recipes your grandmother knew by heart.  There are so me really good ones! 


Oh Happy Day.  Free Printable Ice Cream Truck Tags.  




Kids Craft Room.  Printable flying Superman Father's Day Craft for the kids. 


Mile a Minute Baby Afghan. From Who wants to be Martha. Love the ice cream colours! 

 

Could not find a source, but I love these  . . . 



These too  . . . 

Adding lace to the bottom of a pullover.  I never thought of this.  I love the idea.  Eye candy. Also no source.

And those are my finds for this week. I hope that there was something of interest here for you as well!

My rash is not looking any better, but it is massive.  This will take quite a while to clear up methinks. I am glad that I went to see a Doctor when I did. It might have taken over my whole body otherwise, not that would not have been a pretty sight! haha

A thought to carry with you through today  . . . 

 .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛The first to apologise is the bravest.
The first to forgive is the strongest.
The first to forget is the happiest.
~Unknown   .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •  


In The English Kitchen today, Steamed Baby Beets & Greens.  Not for everyone I know, but I really love them!


Have a great Friday! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too! 


4 comments:

  1. As one diabetic to another, when it comes to sugar I use Xylitol, also known as Birch sugar. (at least here in Germany) It doesn't raise your blood sugal levels and has less calories than sugar. You can use it more or less as you would normal sugar. You can't caramelise with it and yeast dough and jam making doesn't work. Makes life as a diabetic a lot more bearable, especially as a cake lover! Only bad thing is that it's rather expensive. Ah well, I got used to eat my cake and desserts a lot less sweet than before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be on the look out for those Sylvia! I was able to buy a great substitute in the UK which measured like for like as sugar, both in the brown, white and icing sugars. It is no fun being a diabetic much of the time! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I also use xylitol...plus sometimes use half xylitol and half coconut sugar...which also seems to help a bit. I am wondering if your rash maybe is connected to the shot? Hang in there and take care...I would also stay away from all carbs that were not veggies, and potatoes too for that matter...until you recover anyway!! So sorry Marie, you must feel awful.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, its been so long since I had my first shot, the rash is in no way connected. I have struggled with eczema my whole life. This time it simply got out of control. Thankfully today it is looking a lot better and feeling a lot better also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!