Tuesday 22 June 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, June 22nd, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its overcast at the moment, but it looks as if it might burn off and we are in for another sunny warm day.  Oopsies, no, just checked the weather forecast on my iPad and it says cloudy with showers and sunny intervals. 

I am thinking ... 
Still thinking about that question. Who do you need God to be? 

I am thankful for ...
My God, my family, my talents, my life.  I have much to be grateful for!

In the kitchen ... 

 

White Gazpacho.  This was delicious and such a simple soup to make.  Using very few ingredients. It was also very pretty.  I quite simply loved it!  Very refreshing on a hot day. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

My Incredible Recipes. Creamy Garlic Chicken with Asparagus. 

One of my favourite things ...  

 

My bug zapper.  Let me tell you, it does an amazing job. I accidentally touched it myself yesterday and wow, what a jolt!  I almost feel sorry for the little critters now! Amost.

I am wanting to create ... 

 

Fran Morgan on Ravelry.  Floral Diamonds Jumper.  Love this. 

  

Thoresby Cottage.  Crochet Poppies.  Very pretty. 

 

Just Pootling.  Summer Daisy Garland.

 

Annie Design Crochet.  Multi layer flowers. 

 

Crafty Cruella.  Granny Hug Scarf.  I would leave off those garish pompoms however and just do yarn pompoms. 

I am reading ... 


Grace, by T Greenwood
Trevor Kennedy is 13 years old and has no idea where he fits in the world. Teachers used to praise his sensitivity and diligence — now they shake their heads at him, calling him a problem child.

Only his art Grace cover teacher seems to care about understanding him anymore — and gives him the amazing gift of a camera. Trevor increasingly hides from the world in the photographs he takes. He observes life around him, hoping that by refraining from participating, he won’t cause any more trouble for himself or his family.

And indeed, the Kennedy family has its share of problems. Kurt is struggling to make ends meet with the family business — not knowing how he’s going to make his next mortgage payment and can’t share his burden with the family. Meanwhile, Elisabeth feels like a failure of a mother. While she dotes on her daughter, Grace, she can’t seem to summon any sort of maternal love for Trevor. What’s more, unaware of her family’s financial problems, Elisabeth increasingly turns to retail therapy to make her miserable life a little more pleasant. 

 Grace portrays a family on the brink of destruction. Trevor can no longer keep silent when boys come to bully him — and fighting back only creates more problems. Through his photographs, he experiences a new world, but they may not be enough to exorcise the demons that plague the Kennedy family. As each family member sinks to new depths, they find themselves on a collision course with fate from which there may be no turning back. 

Have only just started this book. So far so good. 

I am looking forward to ... 
My zoom meeting this afternoon with the Stonehawkers.  Also being able to go back to church after the 4th of July. 

Dreaming about ... 


Pretty soaps  . . .  
 
 

Polka dot ceramics  . . . 

 
(source

Lace trimmed linens  . . . 

 

I really love this shirt  . . . 

 
(source

How very unusual  . . . 

 
(source

Some very pretty bowls  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

Living in the Material World. He was my favorite Beatle. Very good film. 

A quote for the day ... 
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
You don't get what you wish for,♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
you get what you work for.♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ 

Makes me smile ... 

 
Jake and Josh

Two very handsome boys eating Beaver Tails.  I have never had one, but now I want one!

Corners of my Kingdom ... 

 

Chip enjoying an afternoon snack  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *He who feared 
that he would not succeed
sat still. ~Horace•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   


7 comments:

  1. I love that hanger with the little houses in it. When you get to taste a beaver tail you will really enjoy it, and so many flavour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute grandsons!! Yummy looking recipes!! Well, looking at current news coming from Canada, I would not count on when you might be ALLOWED to have church again...so sad, seeing pastors arrested, frankly. Such nasty times these past couple years!! NASTY!! Hang in there...like we are trying to do in our nutty state here too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marie. I love those boys! And would love to know what’s in a Beaver Tail…..love that name! Have a happy day. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie...I have a question...I recently discovered 2 chipmunks who live in a tiny slot under my garage...I would love to feed them as there are no home gardens, etc. in my neighborhood....my question: the peanuts you feed your Chippy...are they "salted" whole peanuts? In my small rural town, grocery stores are limited to Walmart and I only find the whole "salted" peanuts there....I worry about giving salt to the chipmunks....even the sunflower seeds here are salted........can you tell me what type of peanuts you use? Answer much appreciated....God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all the pretty crocheted flowers. Your grandsons are enjoying the Beaver Tails. I've never had one. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like that bug zapper might be a good intruder deterrent! LOL. I would be careful encouraging those chipmunks, particularly if you don't drive every day. They are rodents, after all. Keith's uncle had one make a nest in his car and they chewed up some of the wiring and it was a pretty penny to get it fixed! Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Chip is adorable and those two handsome grandsons of yours. Your book sounds intriguing. I hope it has a wonderful ending with grace being part of it.
    Of course, the crocheted items always catch my attention. Is someone trying to tell me to start crocheting again.
    As always I find joy in looking at the various items that you like. I do think we have similar tastes.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!