Tuesday 8 June 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 

 

FOR TODAY, June 8th, 2021

Outside my window ... 
 

The sun is up and it looks to be a fairly decent day in the offing. There is another heat warning in effect. its 18*C already and its not yet 7 am.

I am thinking ... 
When I was a child this area I am living, this street, was all wooded. There were no houses. The house I lived in with my parents is just a stone's throw away from where I am now. I've come full circle in a way. Its kind of ironic I suppose.

I am thankful for ...
Had just turned out the light last night when my nose started bleeding.  I have had quite a few nosebleeds recently, and it runs like a tap until I shut it down.  I am thankful that I was able to grab some tissues before it got onto my bedding, mattress, etc. I wonder what's up with that?

In the kitchen ... 


Keeping my cool with a delicious Cobb Sandwich, with the usual suspects.  Deli turkey, lettuce, egg, bacon, cheese, tomato, blue cheese dressing, all on a rustic toasted sourdough bread. 

On my "to Cook" list ... 

 

Steele House Kitchen. Potato, Proscuitto and Arugula Pizza with a Dijon Vinaigrette.  This looks darned delicious! 

One of my favourite things ... 

 

My glass window birds. I bought them one at a time over a number of a years from Simon Alderson on Etsy.  I tried to link up but the net is working very strangely for me this morning. I keep getting a connection failure message.  This doesn't bode well.

I am wanting to create ... 

 

The Craft Patch Blog.  Sewing "paper dolls." Cute! 

 

Mother Rhythm.  Cute Mouse tutorial. 

 

Lesley on Flickr.  Inspo only. 

 

Remodel-aholic.  Sewn Back Tab Curtains.


 

Note Songs.  Chick Chick Pot Holder. 

I am reading ... 

 

Ruth, a novel, by H. B. Moore
Master storyteller and best-selling author H. B. Moore brings to life the biblical account of Ruth as never before in this vivid retelling of her courageous and faithful life. 

 Following the death of Ruth's husband, she finds herself at a crossroads. Rather than return to her family and hometown, the young widow makes a remarkable decision: she will remain with her mother-in-law, Naomi, as her caretaker and companion. 

 Together, the two widows boldly leave behind the lives they knew in the land of Moab and make their way to Bethlehem, arriving downtrodden and destitute. Though Ruth works day and night to provide for Naomi, it is ultimately through the kindness and generosity of Boaz that the two women find respite from their trials. As Ruth comes to know Boaz, she finds that her broken heart is beginning to heal in ways she could never have imagined. But when a question of inheritance threatens any hope of a life with Boaz, Ruth may have to give up the last piece of her heart in order to secure her future. 

Ruth has always been one of my favorite women in the bible. I am loving this book so far.  The author brings the characters to life beautifully.  

Yes,  I am taking a long time to read. I need to read during the day not just when I get into bed. I always fall asleep.

I am looking forward to ...
I have a new project in the off-ing that I am looking forward to beginning, but mum's the word for now. 

Dreaming about ... 

 
(source

Scrumptious bake shops . . . . 

  
(source

Arms filled with blooms  . . . 

 
(source

Spots of comfort  . . . 

 

Laduree   . . .  Jorden's almonds  . . .  

 
(source

Body milk  . . . luxury  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

On Amazon Prime  . . .  love this show. It is in Swedish but I don't care. 

A quote for the day ... 
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Paper has •~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
more patience than people.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
~Anne Frank•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 


Makes me smile ... 

 

Remembering my sweet companion . . .  

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

View outside my door  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Life is the art of
drawing without an eraser.
~Unknown•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   







8 comments:

  1. It''s hot and humid here too. If feels very tropical. Sandwiches are a favorite summer meal for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandwiches and salad. I could live on them in the summer months Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Nose bleed could be blood pressure or possibly an ENT problem. I'd definitely mention it to your doctor! Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's drizzly here today and very hot and humid. We're off to get our vaccines this afternoon. I hear there will be cute firemen helping out - bonus, lol. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I Hope you get the cute fireman! tee hee A bit of eye candy never hurts! I Hope you fare well and have no reactions afterwards! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. As we age, the skin in the body grows thinner and when weather is dry, it is easier to have nose issues. However, bleeding a lot needs looking into...might need some meds adjustments!! Hope you can get it checked out soon!! Also, for some odd reason, tumeric causes my husband to get nosebleeds...so I only use it at times in some foods, rather than taking supplements of it daily as we were for awhile.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stops as soon as I put pressure on it. I suspect it is only some thin skin or some such Elizabeth! It it keeps up I will have to go and sit in outpatients. No family Doctor here. I am on a waiting list with 80,000 others! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!