Thursday 10 June 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

 

  

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥      

 

I love sunrises and sunsets.  This was the brilliant sunset outside my front window last night. 

  

Japanese kimono . . .  so beautiful  . .  

 
(source

Butterflies  . . .  I love them. I will miss the peacock butterflies who used to visit my garden in the UK.


 
(source

Pettitcoats . . . 

 
(source

Cameos.  Love them.  I remember going to a local museum in Grade six with the girl guides. There was a lovely cameo ring.  A few days later my friend was wearing the exact same ring. When I questioned her about it, she said it was her grandmothers. I knew it wasn't.  Ironically this same girl ended up being the manager of our local credit union in later years.  


 

Pretty shoes.  I used to love looking at and packing my boss's shoes at the manor. She had a bazillion pairs.  Love pretty shoes, can't wear them, but love them. 
 
 
 
Patterns of shadow and light  . . .  stunning  . . . 


 

Love, love this sweater. Oh to be young enough to wear something like this and look good in it  . . . 

 

Jo Malone perfumes  . . .  my absolute favourite is Pomegranate Noir, followed closely by Blue Agava . . . 

 
(source

Verandas  . . . 

 
(source

Outdoor cafe's  . . . . 

 
(source

Hydrangea  . . .  so beautiful  . . . 


 
 
Moss covered stone  . . . 

 
  
(source

Pretty teapots  . . . 


Books of poetry  . . . poetry . . . the great poets  . . .   


 

Using oddments for planters  . . . 

 

Faces of the moon  . . . 

 
(source

Fresh air  . . . . 

 

Monet . . .  

 

Snoopy  . . . 

 
(source

This makes me smile  . . .  happy people  . . . 

 

Swiss dot fabrics  . . . 

 

I love, Love, LOVE these eye glasses  . . . 

 
(source

This  . . . 

 
 
Fresh tomatoes  . . .  and basil  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The art of being wise is
the art of knowing what to overlook.
~William James •。★★ 。* 。
 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Curry Chicken & Rice.  Delicious!! From Milk Street Tuesday Nights.  Fabulous.

Have a wonderful Thursday.  Whatever you get up to, wherever you go, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 



8 comments:

  1. So many lovely favourites today. Glad we don't have to pick just one. Have a beautiful day. We're in double digits June already. Where do the days go? Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where the days go but they seem to disappear very quickly Elaine! Its a bit cooler here today, fresher, and it is most welcome! Love and hugs, xoxo PS - Hope all was well with your shot!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, our shots went very well and nobody fainted. Firemen were there and they were cute. Hope we can get our second shots before the scheduled September 28th date. Love and hugs, Elaine

      Delete
    3. Oh that's great Elaine! It sounds cute having firemen there to help! I am scheduled to have my second shot in August. xoxo

      Delete
  2. By the way, I do hope you have a clue as to what company carries those glasses frames...I LOVE LOVE LOVE them too!! And sometimes this year I hope to get some new ones as my old ones are wearing out and I wear them forever and a day!! I liked lots of things here too...but the glasses...oh my!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are vintage frames Elizabeth. I did a google search and came up with an Etsy shop that sells vintage cats eye frames, but they cost hundreds of dollars! I love those glasses here. So pretty. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!