Thursday 24 June 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

 

  


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    

 

Pearls  . . .  love that these have pearls from both sides . . .  a gal can dream . . . 

 

Turkish delight  . . .  and if it is covered in chocolate, so much the better . . . 

 

Old tins  . . . 

 
(source

Bonfires at the beach  . . . 

 

Eyelet and jeans  . . . 

 

Historical fashion  . . . 

 

Sparkle and lace  . . . 

 

Garden statuary  . . . 

 

Polka dots  . . . 

 

Thomas Ewin Mostyn, A Magical Morning  . . . 

 

Venice  . . . 

 

Jim Morrison . . . probably one of the most attractive men I have ever seen  . . . I loved the Doors music. 
 
 

George. He will always be my favorite. He was a gentle soul  . . .  

 

I bet it smells like heaven  . . . 

 

Satin ribbons  . . . 



What a beautiful space  . . . serene  . . . 

 
(source

Little red houses  . . . 

 

Prisms and crystals  . . . 

 

Feeling certain  . . . 

 

Balconies  . . .

 

Lavender . . .  I miss mine  . . . 

 

Historic homes.  I loved visiting National Trust homes in the UK. It was a fascinating glimpse into how the other half have lived through the centuries  . . .  

 

Wings  . . .  if I had a pair of wings I would wear them all the time  . . .

 

What does this open? 
 
 
(source

Puppy dog eyes  . . .  

 
(source

Trust  . . .  

 
(source

Pavlova  . . . 

 


Having a pantry  . . . 

 
(source

The bridge of sighs  . . .  Cambridge  . . .

 
 



Secret gardens  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week!  

 

This was the beautiful sunrise I viewed from the comfort of my armchair last evening. It was stunning. I don't think any photograph could do it justice. It reminded me of the times I went with my mom up to Margaretville to watch the sun set from the lighthouse there.  Happy memories.  I miss my mom, but am very grateful for all the sweet memories we built together. That is one of my most favorite things . . .



A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.Be the change
you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Ghandi •。★★ 。* 。 

   

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Roasted Garlic Aioli.  Its delicious!  And very easy to make.

I hope you have a wonderful day!  The sun is shining here and its not too warm yet. I have my doors open letting in all of the cooler air.   

Whatever you get up to today, don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 




13 comments:

  1. Beautiful favourites, Marie. The picture of the sunset through your window is stunning with your pretty glass birds. Enjoy your Thursday. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! I just had to sit and look at it for a while. It was so beautiful! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Moondance♥Over the top romantic to me.
    Love your birdies in your window:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunset, with all your birdies ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! It was quite lovely to sit and take it all in! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sunset, with all your birdies ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely you have some great memories made with your mom (and other loved ones)...it is what helps carry us through tough days sometimes...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie~

    Soooo many beautiful things to look at today! I love, Jim and George...I can tell we are the same age ;0) am fortunate to have an original, Doors vinyl album.

    The sunset from your window is gorgeous...love the birds!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are really lucky to have your original albums Barb. I had mine, but they got melted in a sunroom, and of course after what happened recently they would have been lost anyways. I am grateful for things like sunsets and other small and simple things in my life, and I am happy to see comments from you again! I have missed you! xoxo

      Delete
  7. As always you find the most beautiful items, scenery, decor and other fun stuff. Loved the puppy dog eyes. The home, kitchen and pantry were lovely. I love the bright white and the red home. I love old things too, like the door knob and the historic places too.
    The sunset was spectacular. I love that you can see it from your armchair.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LeAnn. I am really blessed, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!