Monday 31 May 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   


 

Being able to have my sister, Dan and dad over for Sunday supper in my own little home. What a great blessing.  Its so nice to finally be near my family, and to be able to do things as a family. We are in a bubble so its allowed. Us four.  Longing for the day when our bubble can open up to include a few others.  I see things in England, Spain, etc. opening up.  We just need to be patient for a tiny while longer. 

 
 

The doyenne of my dining room table.  She reigns supreme.  I love my lemon table mats/placemats. Amazon for the mats.  I need some taller glasses, but these will do for now.  We feasted on pork chops, potatoes, vegetables and fluffy key lime pie. 

 

This bird was at the feeder yesterday, gobbling up the seed that had been scattered on the ground. I am not sure what kind of bird it is. 

 

There is a bit of a yellow patch at the front of it. It looks a bit like a Thrush of some sort.  


Its quite a distinctive bird.
 
 

I do recognize the red-winged black bird. That is a very pointy beak don't you think! 



 
I am loving all of the wild life here at my little cottage home.  I know, its not really a cottage, but it feels like a cottage to me.  Yesterday this little fella filled up his cheeks with peanuts not two feet away from me. Not afraid in the least.  Chipper.

Neither is Monsieur Le Squirrel.  Mr Nutter Butter.  He's the reason there is so much seed on the ground.  So although it is a bit of a nuisance, its also a blessing because I am getting to see some of the larger birds.  There was cardinals and two kinds of woodpeckers also. I need to get some more feeders before next winter rolls along. 
 
 

This arrived the other day and I am going to enjoy going through all of the recent conference addresses and writing down my thoughts and impressions on each one. I love studying the conference talks. When you are first listening to them, you may take notes, etc. but you miss so much when you are doing so. I am not a fast writer. So it is nice to be able to go over them again and take a more in depth look at each one.  

 

The curtain rod in the living room is up so now I can get busy with making the curtains.  Yay! I've been sitting here in the dark most nights because I don't want people to be able to see into my house.  Its a privacy thing.

 

This smells wonderful.  Its a soy candle and made in Canada. I think we should support industries that are in our own countries if we can.  Home grown products.  As Martha would say, its a good thing.


 

My sister gave me these.  They were mom's.  Mom was the top selling Avon lady in Nova Scotia, if not the Maritimes, at one time. She won lots of prizes and awards.  These were Christmas gifts for Team Leaders from the Avon company and they depict Mrs Albee, Avon's first representative.  They are woven pictures in silk and rayon, loom artistry from the stuios of J & J Cash ltd. in the UK.  Mom loved these pictures and I will take good care of them, so much so that they can be a heirloom for one of her great granddaughters or even great great granddaughters.  Who knows! 

My life is rich and  bountiful at the moment. I am in a season of abundance.  Joy, peace, good health, love  . . .  all is well.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.My mission in life is not merely to survive,
but to thrive and to do so with some passion,
some compassion,  some humor and some style.
~Maya Angelou  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

 

This was dessert yesterday.  Fluffy Key Lime Pie. No bake. No fuss. No muss.  It was delicious actually!  Only four ingredients not counting the ready made crust and one of them is boiling water.  

 hope you have a beautiful day and a beautiful week filled with many small and wonderful blessings.  Along the way, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.





15 comments:

  1. THose are treasures!
    And really happy your life did this amazing turnaround!
    Watched a great movie on faith last night..Graphic..war..directed by Mel Gibson..Hacksaw Ridge.You would like it..I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to watch it Monique! Thanks for the recommendation! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love your lemon placemats, too. So pretty and fresh looking. Your table looked very inviting. You'll be able to get very nice glasses at thrift stores once they open up. Maybe even some retro ones. My mom sold Avon, too, but she didn't reach the level your mom did. I loved the little sample lipsticks - so tiny, so cute. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I hope some thrift stores open soon. Cindy says there is a nice one in Lawrencetown, which is where mom grew up! I loved thee little sample lipsticks also! They were so cute! You are right! Love and hugs! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely to set your table and entertain, Good news the curtain rod is up, you’ll have the curtains made and up soon. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I have ironed the material today! Making plans! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Being able to celebrate with your family makes it all worthwhile. Family is everything to me and I think a big part of your life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Pam and I can’t wait to be able to see them all! It’s been far too long! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. What a lovely home you are making! So many blessings, nature, family, comforts, treasures....I know you are enjoying each and every one. Have a happy day.
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V! I am being very thoughtful about what I bring into my home. Happy day to you! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. The greatest treasure of all, is your kin and you get to be with them FINALLY!! I am so happy for you...really matters not what you are doing, whether grand or simple...just being together is what counts!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been too long Elizabeth. I had not seen my sister or father in 18 years! Xoxo

      Delete
  7. My Mum used to have a saying "She landed on her feet". After such a traumatic time, I am so glad you've landed on your feet. Your table setting is lovely!! And the pie!! Oh my! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost afraid to believe that! Thank you! The pie was lovelyXoxo

      Delete
  8. Wow, Key Lime pie is one of my husband's favorites. I must try it. It looks delicious.
    I'm happy that all is going well for you. I can sense your peace and happiness You deserve it all.
    My mother sold Avon too. She did it for years until she was around 86 years old. Amazing! She got prizes too. I love the items your sister gave you.
    Your table looks lovely and I like that you have your sister, Dan and your Dad over for Sunday dinner; that is awesome.
    Roger and I did use these Conference journals for the last two conferences. They are the best ever in helping us study it all.
    Do you have a church there are close to you. I hope it opens up soon for you. it's awesome that you have a missionary couple that contact you through Zoom.
    Blessings and hugs sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!