Friday 14 May 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!  



Believe it or not, these worn looking suitcases have been made from Altoid tins covered with Polymer Clay.  I think they are amazing!  I could not find a source however.  :-( 

  

Everything you need to know about fitting a bra. 

  

Keyboard shortcuts.  

 

DIY Colouring Book Style Tea Towel.  I think this is so pretty.  From DIY Candy


 


A Mail Organizer created from old books.  You could really play a lot with this, and create many different looks from the use of different books.  Found on Beyond the Picket Fence


How to make pretty and useful wool lap blankets using liberty fabrics and wool.  Only one yard of each needed.  Found on Purl Soho


 



Garden Party Napkins.  Also from  Purl Soho.  I love the bright edgings.   You could literally pick up a pack of fat quarters and do this. 



Ten Mistakes new Herb Gardeners make and how to avoid them.  From The Skinny Gourmet. 


A Square Food Gardening Plan Layout.  From Vegetable Gardening Online

 
    

Embroidery Adventures.  One Sheepish Girl

  

How to preserve fresh basil in the refrigerator.  From Redhead and Decorate

 

Five Ideas for preserving Lemons.  From Simple Bites


Ten stitch spiral blanket that keeps going until you run out of yarn, a great way to use scraps and to just mindless knit and create something without really thinking about it!  From Ravelry

 

Using Washi Tape to cover tabs.   Found on Stacijulian Blog

 

A sweet sewing set by Gentle Work.  I love this blog.   No instructions, just eye candy for the crafter and plenty of inspiration. 


I love this sweet little book in a matchbox. (you know I love matchbox crafts.)  From Club Scrap.  A complete tutorial. 



Painted Stone Herb Markers for the garden.  I love these.  From August Wren



Crochet Basket Tutorial.  From  Darling Be Brave.



Quilt as you go . . . Contented.


I love this idea. Painted people stones.  Heads on one stone, bodies on another, so you can play matching games with them, switch them up, around.  Fun, FUN!  From Good Ideas for You



Twenty creative frosting ideas.  Which nozzle to use to get which effect.  From Its a Baking Thing



This Primitive Cat Pin Cushion is so sweet.  It has ball headed pin whiskers!  From Prim Penny.



I love LOVE this rectangular Chunky Button Cushion Cover.   So sweet.  From Sew Good


 

From Nana and Co, a sweet Christmas Garland.  Its never too early to start preparations.   Visions of Sugar Plums.  So adorable. 



A very pretty and simple Infinity Scarf to crochet.  I love this.  From Red Heart.  

 

Decoupage Magic.  From Babble.  Such a simple idea. 



Five basic watercolour techniques for the colourist, artist, beginner, journalist, etc.   Found on Adventures in Making


Matching cotton dishcloth and teatowel pattern. To crochet.  From The Yarn Box



Maraschino Cherries from Scratch.  Found on Creagirl. 


Make your own Weed control using totally natural ingredients.  Well, except for the dish soap.   From Hometalk.  Apparently this stuff works very well.  


Decorate with old lanterns.  About Face and Fashion.  Inspiration only.   But nice.  I would never have thought of doing this. 


Bobble Knit Sheep Pillow.  So cute!  From BlogLovin.  There are two sizes.  

 

Fruit Infused Waters 6 Ways for summer drinking.  From SHE Uncovered. 


Remember when you used to be able to buy a box of assorted cards?   I haven't seen one of those in ages.  However you can make your own box of assorted cards.  A complete tutorial from Klompen Stampers.   I might do this.  What a great gift it would make for someone! 

And those are my finds for this week! 

I made a trip to Home Hardware in town yesterday. (We are only allowed to travel within our town limits and only one person per family.)  I bought myself a bucket and mop, a broom and dustpan, a cheap wall clock, some picture hangers and a duster. OH and some thumbtacks.  I had already bought myself a small tool kit on Amazon, which has a hammer, screwdrivers, measure tape, etc. in it. It has come in very handy thus far. Every home needs a tool kit. Now I need to put together a medical kit with bandaids, etc.  All this stuff is so expensive, but I am getting there! Yay me! So far I have not had time to be lonely.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Children, marriages and flower gardens
reflect the kind of care they get.
 ~H Jackson Brown Jr.•。★★ 。* 。 


Cooking in The English Kitchen today.  A sheet-pan All In One Breakfast, built for two with breakfast potatoes, sausages, toast and egg. Easy peasy! 

Have a wonderful Friday. My sister is supposed to come over and help me put up my hummingbird feeder and change my shower-head in the shower.  The one here was just stationary, but I wanted one with a hose that I could lift down. Better for spraying your feet, etc.

Stay safe and healthy and whatever else you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




14 comments:

  1. So many talented people with great ideas. Love the stone people. Have fun with Cindy. I bet she misses you. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. We probably talk more than we did when I was living there. It is easy to live in the same house and not say alot! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hope Cindy is able to visit. Sounds like a good trip to Home Hardware to get essentials. It is good to be busy, but also good to sit down and relax and enjoy your new surroundings. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cindy and I talk every day and see each other about every second day. She has been my best friend for all of her life! I love her dearly. You have a lovely day also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi! Lots of good tips for basil...lots of inspiration....thanks. Have a happy day.
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! You have a great day also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hope you and your sister have a happy Friday! So nice she can come over to help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Pam! Happy Friday to you also! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I am happy you will get a better shower head...we have to do things SMARTER as we age!! Daughter here installed ours...which is a magnetic head that attached when you hang it up...also safer. We also got some of those suction hand bars and Hubby wanted 4...so it seems at one time or another each one has been helpful (Just have to remember to check and see if it is still strongly attached from time to time).
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that although it was not the cheapest shower head (a very good name) it was entirely made of plastic! I was shocked really because it looked like chrome and was not cheap as I say! They make nothing like they used to! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much Becky! I Hope you are well and truly inspired! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved scrolling through all the finds. You do have some extra fun ones. I liked the short cuts for the keyboard. Who knew all that!. I must try the fruit infused water. I also liked the cute crocheted scarf. Making up the weed control stuff is good too.
    I like that you have made up some kits to help you around the house. Do get the first aid one for sure. I'm always dipping into mine for little Band-Aids and etc.
    I have a feeling that you won't be super lonely. You will make friends and then get to do some things you haven't been able to for a while.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!