Thursday 6 May 2021

My Favourite Things

 

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥      

 

Vanilla ice cream in sugar cones  . . . 

 

White dishes  . . . 

 

White gloves, although one seldom has the occasion to wear them anymore  . . . 

 

Forget me nots  . . .

 

Candle light  . . . 

 

Pearls  . . . 

 

Polka dots  . . . 

 

Fred Astaire movies  . . . what a dancer he was  . . . 

 

Cardigans . . .  I need to really learn how to knit  . . . 

 

The Bridge of Sighs . . . Cambridge

 

Bette Davis  . . . 



1950's fashions  . . . 


Fantasia, 1940. The Waltz of the Flowers, Nutcracker Suite . . . 

 

Lion Cubs, beautiful creatures  . . . 

 

Deer . . .  three timid yearlings just went through the yard  . . . 

 

Peekaboo . . . 

 
(source

Kicking up your heels  . . . 

 

Watching the sun set  . . . 

 

Greek walls  . . .  

 

Wild flower bouquets  . . . 

 

The sound of crashing waves  . . .  

 

European Robins  . . . 

 

Daisies  . . .  I'll give you a daisy a day dear  . . .  I'll give you a daisy a day.  I'll love you until the rivers run still, and the four winds we know blow away  . . . 

 

The moon and the stars  . . . 

 

Stamps  . . . 

 

Garden fairies  . . . 

 

Cushion covers . . . 

 

Greengate . . . 

 

Ruffles  . . .  

 

Butterflies . . .  so pretty  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  I best get on. I have a ton of things to do today.  I will probably not be posting tomorrow on either blog, so I will be back with you on Saturday (fingers crossed!).  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.We overthink happiness,
There is something good in every moment,
Find it and keep your focus there.
~Kirsten Butler •。★★ 。* 。 

 

I'm sharing everything lemon on The English Kitchen  . . . from savory to sweet. Some of my favorites.  

 

Happy Birthday to my second oldest grandson Jonathan who turns 15 today!  Grammy loves you Jon! I hope that you have a brilliant day! 

To each of you, have a beautiful day.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget  . . . 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 


6 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your busy day today. Hoping everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your favourite things, Marie. May your feet have wings. It's a red letter day for you. Take care. Be safe. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your grandson, what a happy fellow he is. And happy moving day to you, at least I think that is what you are doing. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jon!!
    Happy day to Marie and all !
    Loved these photos. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your favorite things dear Marie, always I think we sharing this , beauty things! My dear Marie I coming here especially to whish you a happy Mom's day, you are a lovely mom, hugs and love for you ! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend, this was extra fun to go through mainly because there was such a variety of things. I think you always find the most unique stuff. I especially loved the heels; of course, I wouldn't be able to even start to wear a pair like that. Lots of other fun stuff. Happy Birthday to you sweet grandson, I'm sure you are anxious to see him.
    Happy Mother's Day to you dear one! Have a super neat day. I don't know how Canada does Mother's Day.
    I have been snowed but will be back in soon.
    Sending lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!