Monday 24 May 2021

Small and Wonderful things . . .

 

  

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 

I wish you could smell these lilacs!  They are all coming into bloom now and are so beautiful. Mom's house is surrounded by them. Mom loved the lilacs so much.  This is a bunch that my sister had cut and brought into the house yesterday when I was there for supper.  So beautiful and such a lovely smell.  I love lilac season.  When I was married the first time there was a lilac hedge next to the house we had lived in our first apartment. 46 years ago now. Seems impossible that it was that long ago!


 

My bedtime companion.  A gift from Val back in November.  This little furry gal is the best bedtime companion. She's soft, she's sweet and she doesn't snore or hog the covers. She is also a great reminder of how much I am loved.

 

Frost on the rooves this morning, but thankfully none of the plants are frosted.  It is melting now.  This is why they say "Don't cast a clout until May is out!"  Someone was telling me yesterday that her daughter had snow in Alberta?  I think it was my friend Glenna (who lives across the road).  No snow here, thank goodness. Shhh . . .  don't want to tempt the fates. 

Having a friend across the road.  That's a special blessing.

 

My little red soul and how easily I have fallen back into driving. I missed being able to drive. Oh, I know . . .  I could have driven over there, but it was so scary. I did drive a tiny bit, but not enough to say I was independent.  I have my independence back and it feels good.

 

Three reminders of three sweet friends. All gifts, these wee angels.  Collected through the years and thankfully they didn't break in the move. Well the one on the far left has a broken elbow, but I have the pieces and will be gluing them back on  as soon as I get the right glue. 

See that green in the window. Its a nasturtium growing on the front veranda.  Ready to bloom where its planted.

  

A sister who loves me.  This is a red geranium. She knows I love having a red geranium on my windowsill.  This, too, is a reminder that I am loved.

 

This is my Liahona. A Liahona is a type of compass. When Nephi, his father Lehi and his brothers and family were making their way through the wilderness and then in the boat to the promised land, God gave him a Liahona to help to guide their way.  As long as they were doing the right things and living their lives in the right way, the Liahona showed them the right direction to go. 

Now I am not so silly as to believe that this replica will actually show me the right direction to take, but it is a sweet reminder to me that if I keep to the Covenant path, I can not go wrong, and will always be headed in the right direction.

  

A silly little painting I've been working on.  The power to create and the will to create.  Its not a great painting, but its fun working on things  like this.  I hope that my sister and I will have some painting days together.


Baked bean suppers at my sister's.  I went there yesterday for homemade beans and spareribs. They were delicious. I had been talking to my brother on the phone here at mine just prior to going over. He said how much he wished he could be here to have a baked bean supper with us, a feed of wiener rolls, etc.  After supper my sister and I made him a baked bean sandwich and took a picture of it to share with him.  He said he hoped we put butter on it. We did.  My brother loves baked bean sandwiches.  God willing it will not be too long before he is able to come and have a baked bean sandwich with us.  I know he is anxious to see and spend some time with dad.

 

Beautiful cards from afar.  It is so nice to be thought well of.  I sure do appreciate them! 

 

As you know Tatiana has had a serious operation and they removed a tumor from her womb.  I have been praying all would be well, and praise God the tumor was not cancerous.  Prayers have been answered in just the way we wanted. Thank you God!

And than YOU for all your prayers on her behalf! 

 

For this amazing life I have been given. For the highs and the lows and the everything-in-betweens. I am blessed in all things.  Each day is a tiny miracle.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Refuse to worry about tomorrow
but deal with each challenge that comes your way.
One day at a time. Each day will take care of itself.
~Matthew 6:34  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
 

 

In The English Kitchen today . . .  Smoked Sausage with Sauerkraut.  Deliciously simple.

 hope you have a beautiful day and a beautiful week filled with many small and wonderful blessings.  Along the way, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.



10 comments:

  1. I love your little painting of a caravan. I have something similar painted on a rock, gave it to my grandson for his birthday as he kept saying he wan’t a caravan to live in. Sounds like you had a great baked bean fest with your family, Enjoy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a happy little bluebird:) Yay.
    F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many blessings in your life, how could you help but be anything but happy. I had some baked beans myself last night for supper. They always hit the spot !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do Pam! I think I need to get a slow cooker! My cup runneth over for sure!xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love your little painting,,,,so sweet....makes me want to go camping. You and your sister are very creative...how lovely that you share that. My sister and I took painting lesson ions ago...we weren’t very good but we sure had fun and made some great memories. Aren’t we just the luckiest to have such lovely family? Happy day to you.
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V. I am not sure where we get it from. MY Aunt Freda liked to draw and my Uncle Roderique liked to do ceramics. Doing things together as sisters is the best thing! Yes we are the luckiest for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this one a lot. I love Lilacs. We had to take our bush out and I'm so sad. We will plant again. I love your home, car and that cute little snuggly dog too. You do have some cute love items. I love precious moments angels and etc.; so cute.
    Every home needs some plants inside. I really like your cute drawing. I actually would love a trailer just like that one.
    I like the Liahona; it's a perfect things to remind you of the path to take.
    I haven't tried a baked bean sandwich; I will do that.
    I do hope your brother can come soon; that will be an awesome reunion.
    Have a great week! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do hope you get to plant another lilac bush LeAnn! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!