Tuesday 25 May 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 
  

FOR TODAY, June 25, 2021

Outside my window ...
The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky.  All is right in my little world. 

I am thinking ...
I hope someone comes to fix my tap on the bathroom sink today. It broke at the weekend and I have had to use the kitchen sink since. Not that is a real problem in the scheme of things.   

I am thankful for ...
My faith. My family. My friends. My health. A roof over my head.  Food in my belly.

In the kitchen ... 

  

Dump & Bake Meatball Casserole.  Sized for two but can be multiplied. Its as simple as dumping everything into a casserole dish and baking. No need to cook the pasta first.  Its delicious! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Giadzy.  Crispy Cheddar Cauliflower. Looks great! 

One of my favorite things ...

 

This painting which is hanging on my living room wall. Entitled "To the Rescue" it is by Robert Boyd and depicts the event in the Bible where the disciples are on the Sea of Galilee in a boat amidst a storm.  The Savior is not with them, and they cry out, "Master carest thou not that we perish?"  We are all familiar with what happens next. They see the Savior walking towards them on the water, Peter gets out of the boat, walks on water himself, starts to sink, etc.  This painting focuses on what happens prior to that.  The Savior has been on the shore observing his disciples all night, watching them struggle to cross the water in the storm. He finally comes to the rescue in the fourth watch, the last period of night before the dawn. Sometimes we have trials, seemingly unbearable and we pray that the Lord will quickly deliver us.  Sometimes he does deliver us quickly, but other times He waits, allowing us to "weather the storm."  He is watching and keeping an eye on us. He knows the lessons and growth that lie in store for us during our struggles.  Soon or late, He always comes to the rescue.  Peace be still . . .

I want only things in my home that inspire me and that bring me peace and joy. I do not know where I would be now, were it not for my faith, which has helped me to "weather" this latest storm in my life.

I am wanting to create ... 

 

Annies Catalogue.  Garter Stitch Baskets. Not free, but not expensive either. 

 

Love these, especially the tea. Words to knit dishclothes.  Coffee Lover.  Tea Lover.  Free patterns. So cute! 

 

Free Knitting. Dishcloth dresses. So cute! 

 

Ahsel Anne.  Free pattern for a lovely granny stitch shawl. 

 

Trivet Hot Pad.  Andrea Leek on Ravelry. 

I am reading ... 

 

Ruth, a novel, by H. B. Moore
Master storyteller and best-selling author H. B. Moore brings to life the biblical account of Ruth as never before in this vivid retelling of her courageous and faithful life. 

 Following the death of Ruth's husband, she finds herself at a crossroads. Rather than return to her family and hometown, the young widow makes a remarkable decision: she will remain with her mother-in-law, Naomi, as her caretaker and companion. 

 Together, the two widows boldly leave behind the lives they knew in the land of Moab and make their way to Bethlehem, arriving downtrodden and destitute. Though Ruth works day and night to provide for Naomi, it is ultimately through the kindness and generosity of Boaz that the two women find respite from their trials. As Ruth comes to know Boaz, she finds that her broken heart is beginning to heal in ways she could never have imagined. But when a question of inheritance threatens any hope of a life with Boaz, Ruth may have to give up the last piece of her heart in order to secure her future. 

Ruth has always been one of my favorite women in the bible. I am loving this book so far.  The author brings the characters to life beautifully.

Looking forward to ... 
Like many of us, there is not an awful lot that is exciting happening to us in lockdown, but every day brings something new to my life that brings me joy. A letter, a phone call, visits from the squirrel or chipmunk, etc. Just having a new day is something to look forward to.

Dreaming about ...

 
(source

Gingham  . . .  
 
(source

Pretty cats . . . 

 
(source

Beautiful dogs  . . .  maybe one of each  . . . 

 
(source

Blooming countryside  . . . 

 
(source

Strawberry Shortcake  . . .  soon  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

The Upside, based on a true story.  Netflix.  Very good.

A quote for the day ... 

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Nature is alive and talking to us.
This is not a metaphor.
~Terrence McKenna( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me smile ... 

  




Cheeky little monkey  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

Look at how much they have grown since last week!  

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *He will cover you with His feathers, 
and under His wings you will find refuge.
Psalm 91:4•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   





10 comments:

  1. Loved the upside! Cloudy here today..a day of in maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect you are busier than ever with your garden now! You cannot get much closer to God than in a garden they say! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Blooming countryside, nature!....hot today, summer coming.....have a happy day!
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do share some things, Marie...after Psalms and King David, the next most interesting book to me was Ruth!! I have the neatest 3D painting on 3 pieces of glass, representing Ruth and her story...which hangs on the wall near our apt door. So much of her story resonates with me!! (We have moved about a lot too...and I am sure you understand changing cultures as she did too!!)
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds beautiful Elizabeth, the 3D painting. I love many of the old testament stories, and I love, LOVE the Psalms. Love you. xoxo

      Delete
  4. The picture of the rescue is a favorite for sure. I love to play on the piano; Master The Tempest is Raging". It's a bold Piece. I love how the Savior rescued his disciples more that one. Such a powerful message to us all.
    I loved all the crocheted items. When am I ever going to take that up again.
    I do want to read the book Ruth for sure. Ruth and Naomi is one of my favorite stories.
    I loved your animal photos and especially the ones with the cute little Squirrels.
    the Movie; "The Upside" is a good one.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that hymn, Master the Tempest is Raging. You are right it is a bold piece LeAnn! Blessings, love and hugs for you and Roger also. xoxo

      Delete
  5. That squirrel is real cute.
    Outside my window ...
    The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky. All is right in my little world. .......... the best setting anyone can have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that! Loved listening to your music. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!