Monday 17 May 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 
(source

Its been a long six months, but just to be finally settling in to my very own place is a huge blessing to me. I could never have predicted a year ago that my life would change so very much in such a short time.  I have been to the depths of sorrow and back again. I still have a ways to go on my journey, but I am standing in the light at the end of the tunnel now. I would never have been able to come as far as I have without the love and support of many others and my faith.  Its not a journey I would have chosen to take, but yes, life surprises us sometimes. Its not so much what happens to us that matters most, but  how we choose to deal with it.

 
(source

My mantra for 2021.  I am going to be who I was meant to be and be the best her I can be. 


 

Know this to be true. It is often a choice we make. We can simply get wet or we can dance in the rain. The choice is ours to make. 

 

Another way of putting it  . . .  

 

Spending time with family.  I had Cindy, Dan and dad over for supper last night. My first "dinner party" in my new home.  It wasn't really a dinner party, just family coming over for supper.  We dined on chicken and rice and vegetables, salad and lemon pie for dessert. It was nice to have them here and to be able to repay back some of the many kindnesses done for me over these past months. 

Dad has an appointment at the hospital this morning so he is going to stop by for pancakes and sausage afterwards. I have already cooked the sausage and just need to reheat. The pancakes are all ready to go, just need to mix the dry with the wet and cook.  

This is the silver lining of my cloud. Being able to do things like this for my father. This is a real blessing for me.

 
People who listen/read without judgement. Being able to vent and share is a gift. Thank you. 

 

Its a simple thing . . . love . . .  but its everything. 

 

Sometimes it is so hard to be patient. Life has taught me however, that waiting, allowing God's will to work itself in my life, resting and knowing that He has a plan for me, trusting in that plan. No, we shouldn't just sit and wait for life to happen. We do need to be pro-active, but once acting, we need to be patient and wait for the answers to our prayers, etc. They may not always be, more often aren't the answers we had hoped for, but they are always there. 
 

 

This sweet daughter of mine who wants to spend time with me, although at the moment we can not physically do so.  But we spend virtual time together every single day.  (I was Snowy Owl)  I wish that both of my girls wanted to spend time with me, but I am accepting that probably will never happen and I am okay with that, or as okay with that as you can be.  I am grateful for the blessing I do have in this sweet daughter of mine.  I look forward to a time when we can spend "real" time together. It is hard to be so close and yet still so far.  I am trying to be patient as always.

Actually I am incredibly blessed in these three children of mine who love and want to have a special relationship with me.  Life is not perfect and it never will be, but it is still very, very good. 



A housewarming gift from my sister. She knows I love red geraniums.  Such a thoughtful thing to do.  Oh how I love my sister. 

 

Finding the right frame for the right picture.  The original frame for Eileen and Tim's wedding photo was broken up into a bazillion pieces, but I was able to find this one on Saturday at the pharmacy in town. It is perfect. I love it. Not quite as fancy as the old one, but it suits me and my new home to a "t."  Simple reigns supreme.

I am settling in well, small things, a bit at a time. Everything is falling into place. I need to make myself a list of things to do so that they get done. One thing which has not changed is my ability to become easily distracted.  Point in fact.  I started writing this about 6 am and it is not about 10 to 8. I have gotten up about 20 times to do other things.   Why am I like that?

Beats me.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Every time you smile at someone,
it is an action of love.
~Mother Teresa  •。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today, Pasta with Seared Cauliflower and Garlic. A simple meal, small-batched.  Delicious and on the table in about half an hour.

 hope you have a beautiful day and a beautiful week filled with many small and wonderful blessings.  Along the way, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.






13 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you all had a good time at your dinner party and that your dad can come over for breakfast. Hope things go well for him at the hospital. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!. We had a very enjoyable morning together! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You have come a long way in just six months, Marie. You have your own home now. Lovely you can make pancakes for your dad. That's a pretty frame for Eileen and Tim's wedding picture. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I did enjoy my morning with my dad. Its nice to spend time with him. I sure missed my family being so far away. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Good things do come to those who wait. Never doubt it. Nothing good ever comes easily. So happy your were able to enjoy a dinner with your family. Nothing could be better. Good food and good good company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! We did enjoy it very much! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Enjoy this new beautiful period in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Becky! I have a wandering mind for sure. I am always going off on tangents. I start one thing and before I know it I am doing something else! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, so nice to hear you are having a dinner party already plus breakfast with Dad...what a gift!! Glad you are with others who love you so!! Yea, we have to be grateful for the given don't we? And what we can do with what is left!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly blessed Elizabeth! There is no other word for it! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wow, I can so relate to this post, and love the saying in the middle of that wreath at the top. For me that has turned out to be very, very true.
    Glad your getting settled and have your very own place now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun read to see all that you have been doing. I have missed knowing all of this. I do find you an incredible woman and I love how you are pulling it all together. I loved all your thoughts on this one. I think it is awesome that you have your Sister and Dad to do things with and for. What a cherished time to have with your Dad.
    I also know you are going to really enjoy your time with your daughter and I'm sure your sons soon. It's so wonderful that Covid is slowing down a bit and we have the vaccine.
    Keep on inspiring us all!
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!