Friday 28 May 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

  


A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!    


 

A box of little houses by Ceramicist Szilvia Vihriala on Instagram. I'm not sure why but they make me think of Cinq Terre, or an Irish village, or Lunenburg back home  . . .  all that colour makes me smile.  


This also makes me smile  . . .  such cute little bloom holders. I could not find a source.   

 

I found this here.  I don't know who created this either, but I love it.    
 
 
 

Uses for Cream of Tartar.  

 

I did not know this.   It's a great piece of information to have.  I think every house has crayons in it. 

 

I love, LOVE this felt strawberry scissor keeper.  It looks really easy to make as well.  A free pattern from Red Brolly.   


How to make your own coloured mason jars, from Momtastic.  I adore coloured glass.  It's as simple as using food colouring and Mod Podge.   Who knew???   Momtastic did! 



A DIY headband.  This looks fairly easy to do.  It's not just any headband, but a twisted Turban headband made from an old t-shirt.  I found this on Honeybee Vintage.  Great page. 




I just love these tea towels with the prairie points.  They are pretty and colourful and would be a great way to use up bits and bobs of fabric you have laying around.   There is a full tutorial on Lilluna.  They look fairly straightforward and easy to make. 
 
 

Now this is pure genius.  A zippered clutch created from an old book.  Isn't it a brilliant idea?  I found this on See Kate Sew.  There is a complete tutorial on how to do it with pictures and everything.  People just amaze me with their ingenuity! 



How to get rid of yellow armpit stains on your clothing that are left there after using deodorant.   I have a few shirts which I love, but they have stains on the underarms and I am embarrassed to wear them now.  I found a great tutorial on how to get rid of them.  I am going to try this.  If it works I will be one very happy camper.
I found it on One Good Thing.  And apparently it works on colours as well. 
 

Punch a hole in the top of a bottle of vinegar and sit the bottle in your toilet tank. In doing this you will save water, as the tank wont fill as much, the vinegar will clean your toilet and tank on each flush, it leaves the bathroom smelling fresh and it doesn't harm any component of your toilet or the environment when flushed.

I use white vinegar and baking soda a lot in my house.  I use it to keep my drains smelling fresh, to get off stubborn cooked on food, etc.   It's like my magic cleaner.   

 

A home-made foot soak for dry feet.  Just in time for wearing all of those summer sandals.
Mix 1/4 cup of  Listerine mouth wash , 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/2  cup of warm water in a large dish pan. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes and when you take them out the dead skin will easily come off.   They'll smell nice too I reckon!  Going to try this.  Found on Livestrong.com. 
 


Free Printable Mason Jar Alphabets.   One for each letter.  All downloadable and printable.  All free. From The Cottage Market, an eclectic blog.  Works for me! 
 


How to age Terra Cotta Pots.   From Debbie Doos

 

Annies Digital. Potholder trio. Love these. 
 
 

Martha Stewart. Granny Squares. 
 
 

e-how. How to bleach pine cones. 
 
 
 
Confessions of a Serial DIYer.  Sew easy foot stool. 
 

Red Pepper Quilts.
  Love this. 
 
 

Mom Rhythm.  Cute Mouse tutorial. 
 
 

Fave Quilts.  Easy quilted blankets. 
 
 
Damask Love.  DIY Pom Pom Sandals. 
 
 
 


  A Piece of Rainbow. Watercolor flowers.





Crochet Dreamz.  Mini Mitts Potholders. 

And those are my finds for this week!  I sure hope there was something of interest here for you! 

A thought to carry with you  . . .  


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.Good things come to those who believe,
Better things come to those who are patient and
the Best things come to those who never give up.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 
 

In The English Kitchen today, I small-batched my Amish Chicken & Stuffing Casserole.  Smaller quantity but the same great taste!  

Have a great Friday!  I hope the sun is shining where you are.  It is here today, but tomorrow its supposed to turn to rain.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 


6 comments:

  1. You always discover the neatest things. I love the little houses, reminds me of the coloured houses in Newfoundland. We are getting some rain today, of course it would be today as it is laundry day! But we will take it anytime as it has been so dry in my part of Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fabulous Friday finds. Love that box of little houses. Which to do first? We're getting the rain here today. It's only 45 degrees F and windy. Good day to bake a banana loaf. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make that footstool cover one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of crafty things today...thanks!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do find the funniest items to look at. You are such a creative soul. I wish I was talented in that way. I love the quilts, crochets items. The little mouse is adorable.
    Thanks for the foot soak recipe; I can use that one.
    Finding something to get rid of underarm stains is a good one too.
    I always enjoy looking through your finds.
    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!