Thursday 13 May 2021

My favourite things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    

 
(source

Cream filled donuts.  This looks fabulously tasty! 

 
(source

Poetry, especially Byron. I was so blessed to have been able to walk the grounds these great writers walked . . .  to be inspired by the landscapes which inspired them.

 
(source

Foxgloves  . . .  in England, they grow wild . . . 

 
(source

Tower Bridge . . .  have walked these cobbles and travelled down the mighty Thames in a boat.  Beautiful and busy . . . 

 
(source

Fresh pears . . .  I love them  . . . 

 
(source

Orange kittens  . . .  love them  . . . 

 
(source

Birdhouses  . . .  must get one to paint  . . . 

 
(source

Honey  . . .  love the stuff  . . . 

 

Forget me nots  . . . 

 

Fresh raspberries  . . . 



This  . . .  

 
(source

Lemon  . . .  anything lemon  . . . 

 

Hummingbirds  . . .  must get me a feeder . . . 

 
(source

Books  . . .  reading  . . .  so happy my father instilled a love of both of these things in me  . . . 

 
(source

Cabbage . . .  its a real favourite  . . . 

 

This  . . . 

 
(source

Gaggles of geese  . . .  waddle, waddle, waddle  . . . 

 
(source

Chamomile  . . . 

 
(source

Bluebell woodlands  . . . 

 
(source

Mother love  . . . 

 
(source

Boundless joy  . . .  running through the campion  . . . 

 

Napkins  . . .  must make . . . 

 
(source

Border collies   . . .  and lavender.  I will miss my lavender . . . 

 
(source

Classical music  . . .  love it  . . . 

 

This  . . . tis truth  . . . 

 
 

Candles  . . .  especially ones that smell pretty  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week. I hope some of them were yours also.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *.˛.I think one's art is a growth inside one.
I do not think one can explain growth.
It is silent and subtle.
One does not keep digging up a plant
to see how it grows.
~Emily Carr  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

 

In The English Kitchen today . . .  Spice Roasted Chicken Thighs, with a lush roasted garlic and lemon sauce.  Delicious! 

Have a wonderful day. I hope it is filled with some of your favourite things.  Whatever you get up to don't forget!!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 


6 comments:

  1. Yum, cream split donuts. When we had a corner store in England we had a baker who would deliver fresh baked ones, always had to stop, make a cup of tea and indulge in one. Thanks for jogging my memory, Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely favourites today, Marie. I think you need to get yourself a little orange kitten. It would be so lucky to have a home with you. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love donuts and creme filled are delicious! Yum! I also love lemons and have just got a bag in for making lemonade now that our temps are finally warming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie! I did not know foxglove grew wild in England. Delightful! Happy day to you and don’t work too hard. love, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Donut looked so yummy! I really don't need one though. I loved all the photos of various things. I especially loved the animal ones. I know you still miss your Mitzie. Book will always be a favorite. I love the classical music too and I feel so blessed to have a piano to play; even though I'm not really talented in doing so.
    Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!