Thursday 27 May 2021

My favourite things . . .

 

  

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    

  
(source

British robins . . .  they are so tiny, so cute, so bold  . . . 

  
(source

Quilts, especially older ones  . . . 

 
(source

Daisies   . . . . simple, humble, pretty in their simplicity . . . 

 
(source)  

Stone walls  . . .  did you know those perpendicular stones sticking out at the tops are to ward away witches and evil spirits? 

 
(source

Fresh herbs  . . . 

 
(source

Standing stones, stone circles . . . there is always a special spirit when you visit these places. Eerie, and mystical.  I am not sure if we bring the spirit with us with our imaginations, or if it is always there  . . . 

 
(source

Meticulous gardens . . . 

 
(source

Astronomical clocks  . . .  fascinating.  There is one I saw in the cathedral at Strasbourg.  It was amazing.  Huge. 
 
 
(source

Old crockery  . . . 

 
(source

Jam thumbprint cookies  . . . 

 
 
(source

Sweater labels . . . 

 
(source

Lilac tide  . . . 


 
(source

COLO
 
  
(source

Crochet trivets  . . . 

 
(source

A labor of love  . . . 
 
 
(source

Paper fans . . . 

  
(source) 

Bee skips  . . . 

 
(source

Elbow patches  . . . 

 
(source

Candles . . . 

 
(source

Wool fabrics  . . . 

 
(source

Wax seals  . . . and sunflowers! 

 
(source

Cherries . . . .

 
(source

French toast  . . . 

 
(source

Old Desks . . . 

 
(source

Poetry and poets  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week. Maybe some of them are yours also!

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Our life is frittered away by detail . . .
Simplify, simplify  . . . 
~David Thoreau  •。★★ 。* 。 

The tv guy should be here this morning.  Looking forward to having television to watch. 
Especially the food channel. 😁 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  I small-batched my Hot Milk Cake.  Delicious!

Have a wonderful day. I hope it is filled with some of your favourite things.  Whatever you get up to don't forget!!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 

11 comments:

  1. The old quilts and lilacs are some of my favorites too. And I love to cook with fresh herbs too. I just got some for a gift yesterday and will be planting them today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I would love to have a container herb garden on my front veranda! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Daisies are my favourite flower and they are just starting to bloom. Love the British robins, always love seeing them on Christmas cards from England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make the most adorableChristmas card illustrations! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh that milk cake is making me so hungry! And the strawberries! Beautifully photographed, too.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the lilacs...such a beautiful smell and look...but DO NOT plant near any pipes going into the house!! Heh, one bit the dust in one place we lived as those roots are very strong at invading pipes!! And quilts...I feel one sleeps so much sounder under them...maybe it is the love that goes into the handmade ones as much as the weight?
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg Ryan's character in "You've Got Mail" says daisies are the friendliest flowers. I agree. Lots of beautiful favourites. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweet little Robins; so cute. They do seems tiny compared the ones here. I love Lilacs and wish I had my bush. I love Daisey's too.
    I think you had a lot of unique items today. I like the stone walls and the reason they scare away evil. Although, I haven't seen any of these kinds of things; I can see why it would be mystical.
    I love quilts and the older ones that are handmade are the best every. I have some made by my great aunts that I treasure.
    Thanks for sharing your favorite things today; it was fun!
    Big hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful favorites, so much to admire and enjoy. Happy day. xo, V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!