Sunday 30 May 2021

Sunday morning ponderings . . .

 

 


I saw this little cartoon/illustration on Pinterest this morning and I love it. Today's grub/caterpillar is tomorrow's butterfly.

When I was a young child I loved the story of the Ugly Duckling.  In this famous story by Hans Christian Anderson, a duck grows up feeling ugly and unworthy only to discover at the end that he wasn't a duck after all, he was a swan. 

 

He had spent his whole life judging and berating himself based on the opinions of ducklings and other farmyard animals that surrounded him, only to discover in the end that he was much more than a duck.

There are some really simple lessons to be found in this ordinary story.  One of them is that we should never discriminate against another person, judging them by their physical appearance or seemingly lack of achievement. Another is that we should not give up on following our passions or living our dreams, based on what we perceive as society's judgement on us. 

Another lesson, is to just love yourself.  We were not all meant to be the same, nor would I want to be the same as everyone else around me.  Comparison is always the thief of joy. Beauty and worth come in many disguises, shapes and sizes.  

We are all unique and composed of all the stories our lives have told.  The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful and everything in between. Therein lies the beauty of and the secret to having a happy life.   The things in life which we feel we could have done without, the hard parts, the ugly parts, they are all a part of what has shaped us into who we are. 

Nobody is you-er than you and you wouldn't be you without them. Struggles are strengthening, shaping and can help to mold us into better people, stronger people, people who are like the cream that rises to the top of the milk. 

None of us are meant to be ordinary, unless that is what we seek to be, and that's okay if it is.  But I think that there is a great worth and beauty found also in the ordinary. 

 

We can all bloom where we are planted.
Sometimes you have to go through the bad times to become
the you that you were meant to be.

"If you want the rainbow, you have to deal with the rain first."

Today I am embracing the me that is uniquely me.  I like me.  And all that life has thrown at me has served to shape a me that is unique  in my very own and beautiful way. The good and the bad are just a balance of the story our lives will one day be, of what our lives are meant to be.

 There is an ever present goodness of God in the ordinary details of our lives.
Especially in the ordinary details of our lives.

 

A field of weeds, or a field of promises and wishes.  Its all in how you look at it.

I had the unexpected pleasure of having supper with my sister, Dan and dad last night.  She had made swiss steak. It was good. Best of all it was good to be with family. I do enjoy my own company and am quite happy on my own most of the time, but sometimes it is just nice to be with others.  Today they are coming here for supper. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. I think dad is going to come a bit earlier and finish watching the movie we started the other day.  

Unexpected pleasures are beautiful gifts.

I was up early this morning to watch church in the UK.  I will be really sorry when they start having normal church again.  I have enjoyed this special blessing of being able to watch these UK services, of being able to see and commune with familiar faces, the faces and hearts of these people I loved for so long. I know it is not forever, but I am grateful that for a time I can be there still.

It is a special comfort. 

I will leave you with a thought for today now. I've kind of run out of things to say! 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.And as she fell apart,
her shattered pieces began to bloom,
blossoming until she became herself
exactly as she was meant to be.
~ Becca Lee•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . . Brown Bread Muffins.  Much easier and quicker to make than traditional brown bread and every bit as delicious!

Have a great Sunday!!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 

15 comments:

  1. Very wise words, Marie. We all need to be more kind and less judgemental. Enjoy your dinner with your family. It's always fun to have company come for dinner. What's on the menu? Enjoy your Sunday. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. We do need to be a lot less mean and judgmental, especially in these times we are living in. I'm not doing anything too overly special. Shake and Bake Chops with apple sauce, scalloped potatoes, vegetables and then fluffy key lime pie for dessert! Happy Sunday, Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. I always enjoy your perspective. Often your posts are just what I need. Thank you and have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb! Blessed day to you also! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Have a peaceful weekend. So glad you are enjoying dinners with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy times with family, priceless. Have a lovely day, xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well put, Marie...as we age, maybe we "see" some things we were kind of sheltered from "seeing" when young. I am grateful I was not aware of the perceptions of some, until many years later!! GOD protects us often when we cannot protect ourselves!! So happy for you having happy times with your loved ones!! What a blessing indeed!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that is true Elizabeth, I really do! Thank you! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. I really loved your thoughts on this one, Marie. I feel the same as you. The hard times are the growth times. I have seen that in my own life. I often think you should write a book. You have great wisdom, faith, and other wonderful qualities that have made you who you are. You could write and amazing book about it all. I find your life very hard, but also very blessed.
    I think the greatest of blessings is to have time with your Sister, Dad and in the future more of your children.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don’t know about that LeAnn. I wish I could string my thoughts together coherently! Life has been very hard often for me, but always worth it. Xoxo

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much! We do love each other very much. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!