Wednesday 1 July 2020

Thoughts on beauty . . .




Have you ever wondered why some of us are seemingly plain and ordinary, and yet others of us are strikingly beautiful in comparison? 

One might be tempted to think that it just isn't fair. Why should some get burdened by being plain and ordinary, whilst others have the gifts of being pretty, talented and seemingly have lots of money to go along with it! (Insert stamping foot and pouting mouth here!) 



We must take heart though, and remember the old gardener whose garden plot was a riot of beauty and colour, except for one small patch of the original old stock of polyanthus . . . plain and quite drab.

"Why do you keep those when there are so many other brightly coloured and modern plants to choose from?" he was asked.

His reply??

"Ahh, but it's the plain ones that set off the rest and help them to look prettier."  




How true, and how very applicable to life that statement is. We may not all be pretty and showy, but we and our various talents do have a special purpose in life, even if it is only to help set off the rest!! It's nice to know we come in handy!

Personally, I like to think it's what's inside that really counts. The plainest of people can be found to be quite beautiful, especially when you see that they have an honest, sincere and lovely spirit. I've known some people who were very attractive physically, but were made quite ugly because of their insides. I think I'd rather be pretty on the inside . . . how about you?


Its hard to believe that we are already in the month of July. July has always been a big birthday month in my family with my sister's birthday being on the 6th and then my  mom's on the 9th, and then lets not forget Canada Day (today!) and then the 4th of July Independance Day.  I would imagine all celebrations will be very low key this year, except for here in the UK where there is a certain level of people who think that the Pandemic has nothing to do with them and they can do as they like. No social distancing. No masks. No respect for others  . . . 

It annoys me. 


  

Happy July Everyone! 
Let's hope it is a good  month for each of us!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Beware of little expenses;
A small leak will sink
a great ship.
~Benjamin Franklin•。★★ 。* 。  



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Italian Pasta Salad for Two.  Yummy!

Have a great day.  It is quite overcast here, but I do see some sunlight peeking through the clouds.  It could go either way!  Whatever you get up to don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!      
 
 

   



8 comments:

  1. I've never thought of fair not fair for beauty..unless there are deformities.Then I think..not fair.
    I agree with you..if someone is nice and kind they look so beautiful..even funny cuts it:)
    Show me your mean side more than once..and well you are just not as pretty..at all.Not fair for health..not fair for bullying..not fair for so much..loss..etc..

    C'est la vie right?♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'est la vie is right Monique! Some get the life they deserve, and others not. There is a lot of things in life that are not fair. I guess we just have to make the most with what we are given. xoxo

      Delete
  2. My mother who married a very handsome man always taught me: Pretty is as pretty does. She learned that the hard way. It is true...and funny thing...I see age as the great equalizer. When we are old, sometimes we are better looking than the pretty people were when we were young...hah!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder Elizabeth. When you are beautiful inside it has the magic to transform the outside. Hard to explain! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, none of us can claim credit for the looks we were born with. We can, however, take responsibility for how we make the best of those looks. Character is wholly our responsibily and to be a person of good character is much more important than just having a pretty face. Fun to see the flower fairies. I keep thinking today is Saturday but it is Wednesday. Another few hot days ahead. I'm almost looking forward to fall. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I am losing track of time here Elaine. Our weeks are just a jumble of "what day is it?" I think 2020 is destined to become a year that was lost. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. My dear friend, I think you are beautiful inside and out. I do agree though that I love those that are beautiful inside.
    I loved all the pictures on this one. I was smiling a lot. Also, I liked the recipe and plan to use it soon.
    Our 4th of July will be different this year for sure. I too feel sad that many will decide to celebrate in big groups without masks are social distancing. Here in a America, I have a feeling there were be big protest. It breaks my heart.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs for this first day of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish people would just smarten up LeAnn. In places where people have been compliant and done what they are supposed to do, you can see the difference. I don't think our lives will ever be the same. Love and hugs and happy 4th to you and Roger. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!