Thursday 23 July 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.    



Baking. I never considered myself to be much of a baker, but I have realised in my older years that I really do enjoy it. 



Sunsets.   When I was back home I used to love to drive up to Margaretsville and watch the sun set. I would stand on the deck of the lighthouse and watch it go down.  It lasted only a short time and then everything was pitch black. Mom used to go with me. I remember one time she got cold so she went back to the car with the flashlight. DUH!  I had to find my way back in the dark.  Oh but we had a good laugh about that.  




The sight of some well worn scriptures. Its usually a good sign. I used to think that I had to keep them looking like new and then I realised that if you use them as often as I do, they can't stay looking like new and that's a good thing, not a bad thing. It shows that I love them. A love of the scriptures it not a bad thing. 



The sounds that chickens make as they are wandering about the yard . . . the clucking, the cooing. To me it is as comforting and soul warming as a beautiful piece of music would be. 


  

Queen Anne's Lace . . . I think its beautiful, even if many see it as a weed.   Just the name is beautiful. Queen Anne's Lace is an ancestor of the carrot, and when crushed, its leaves produce a carrot like aroma. Queen Anne's Lace is named after Queen Anne, who supposedly loved to make lace, and the central purple flower is the blood that she may have shed when she pricked herself. 

Oh we do like to create our own fairy tales don't we  . . .
  


Individual soup tureens, with lids  . . .  to help keep your soup hot. To me they appear very elegant.  Which is a bit of a dichotomy as I hate to eat really hot anything, especially soup! 


  


Jadeite Kitchenalia.  I love this stuff.  I will never own any, but that doesn't stop me from admiring it from afar.  You can really like things and appreciate their beauty without having to own them.




White linens  . . .  if I had the money we would only have white linens . . .  white bedding, towels, etc.  White sleeping attire  . . . 


  

To me, this is beautiful and clean and fresh . . . I love it  . . . 



Country walks  . . . . 


   


Postage Stamps . . .  especially old ones.  I bought an envelope filled with Christmas stamps on Etsy not long ago because I fell in love with them and thought I might be able to craft with them.  





Little country churches . . .  It was always my dream to buy one or a country school house and convert it into a home . . .  


  

Beatles music  . . .  One of my favourite albums is a collation of all of their best songs. I could listen to it forever.  They were musical genius's.  Their music is timeless. 





Pin cushions. I love looking at them. I love making them . . .





Porch swings  . . .  a place to relax and watch the world walk by  . . . 





The sound of waves crashing onto the shore  . . .  sometimes somewhat deafening  . . . always comforting in an odd sort of way  . . .  



Old stone jars  . . . .



Screen doors and the sounds that they make  . . . 




Old stoves  . . .  any kind.  They have a charm about them  . . . 


And those are my favourite things for this week.
All images are from here.


 A thought to carry with you  . . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Trust the wait.
Embrace the uncertainty.
Enjoy the beauty of becoming.
When nothing is certain,
anything is possible.
~Mandy Hale•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Greek Chicken with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese.  Deliciously simple!  Built for two.

Have a wonderful Thursday! (How did that happen?)  Don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 
 

And I do too!   
 








8 comments:

  1. I especially love the quote you ended with today. Perfect for these times we are living in
    .Trust the wait.
    Embrace the uncertainty.
    Enjoy the beauty of becoming.
    When nothing is certain,
    anything is possible.
    ~Mandy Hale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really resonated with me also Pam! oxoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness.....so many of the things that you posted, are things that I so enjoy. Especially the old church. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your quote at the end, too. And your favourites are all so familiar because they are my favourites, too. Have you read Susan's new post? It's fun, as usual. I just ordered her new jigsaw puzzle. It's a little dear but life's too short to not treat yourself once in awhile is my motto. It's a good one, too, I think, lol. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read but not commented yet Elaine! Loved seeing MV! I have just ordered my calendars for next year. Here's hoping next year will be a lot better than this year! Love and hugs, xoxo PS - Love your motto. I heartily agree!

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!