Sunday 19 July 2020

And the hits just keep on coming . . .


Earlier this year, before the Pandemic made all of our lives very difficult, our Landlord died. Actually we had thought that he was the father of our landlord, but it seems he was our actual landlord and his son was only doing his bidding.  Shortly after that the Pandemic hit, our landlord and his sister started asking us to pay our rent into a different accound and then on Friday of this week we got a call saying that someone was coming to evaluate the house on the 24th.

Yesterday the landlord's sister (who seems to call all the shots) called and dropped some huge hints about them maybe having to sell the house to help pay for death taxes.  Todd called up our landlord (the one we've always dealt with and who we thought was our landlord) and he didn't know anything about it.  That's nothing new, he never knows anything about anything when it comes to our house.  He is only the one they have doing all the donkey work it seems. 

So now it is looking like . . .  right in the middle of a pandemic . . .  and after we have benched our car . . . we are going to have to start looking for a new place to live. 

(source)  


I know that life can always be a bit uncertain when you rent privately anyways, but we had felt fairly secure here because the person we thought was our landlord always seemed to be pretty reliable and fairly decent. We felt so secure here that we used a £7000 grant to put in a "wet room/shower room" at no expense to them.  That's a grant I can't get again, so if we can't find a place with a shower, then I am stuck. My head is just spinning . . . 

We lost our descretionary rent payment in April because the Council is low on money due to the Pandemic, so we have been short on dosh ever since. That's part of the reason we decided to stop having a car. So far nobody has made an offer on it. Can't say that I blame anyone for not wanting it. Its old. Like us. 



I'm trying not to take it all personally or to feel defeated, this has been an ungodly year for everyone . . .  but its starting to feel personal now  . . .  

This too shall pass  . . . They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Sometimes life just kicks you in the butt, and keeps on kicking.  

Clinging to the hope that change is often a good thing.

Moan over.


Somebody's enjoying a holiday in Spain.  Looking sweet on the beach  . . . Its hard to believe that she will be two years old next week.  Time just flies. 


Now this is a wedding I would have liked to have seen . . .  her gown looks beautiful  . . . 


  

Very storybook  . . . 

Wishing them all the happiness in the world.  I'm sure this was not the wedding they had planned and hoped for, but still a wonderful day nonetheless. 


And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Grace means that all of your mistakes 
now serve a purpose instead of serving shame.
~Brene Brown  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
  


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  small batch Loaded Cowboy Cookies.  The recipe makes 12 perfect oat/chocolate chip/coconut/pecan cookies. 

Have a great Sunday.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!   




15 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, Marie. I can just imagine what turmoil you must be feeling at the thought of having to move, especially now with what has been going on in the world. Let's hope your landlord"s idea to sell is just a flash in the pan and it won't come to anything. You probably should be reimbursed for that £7,000 too. Just wondering if you might be entitled to any kind of pension from Canada? It was lovely to see the wedding photos of Beatrice and Edoardo. Her dress was beautiful vintage Norman Hartnell, a favourite designer of her grandmother's back in the day. Lovely that she wore the Queen's tiara. She was a very pretty bride. Hopefully, you'll get some summery weather soon. It's still very hot and humid here. Fingers crossed and prayers prayed you won't have to move. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a fair world we would be reimbursed for it Elaine, but somehow I don't think it is ever going to happen. I know they owe a lot of death tax and liquidating some of the assets will help them to pay it. He was a multi-millionaire. Death taxes here in the UK are astronomical. Its the timing of it all that gets to me. Could not be a worse time. I thought Beatrice looked beautiful and her choice of tiara and gown were perfect! Never a note of scandal with those girls.(Despite who their parents are! lol) The sun has shown her hat today, so here's hoping. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Dee, very much appreciated! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh no..I thought things were brighter because of help with rent...Perhaps she is wrong and all will be well..

    In watching J Epstein..and now the arrest of Ghyslaine..I am a bit swayed.
    The wedding does look to have been pretty.
    Here the real estate market is good surprisingly enough..seems people wish to move to the country..To the bubble:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lost the help at the beginning of April because of the Pandemic and our city council being too stretched fund wise. Last on, first to go. At least we did get help for a year. I am really hoping for the best, but at the very least it is a wakeup call and perhaps a nudge pointing us towards actually getting ourselves into a more stable accomodation if possible. I think that would be the wisest thing to do and have felt that way for a while. The timing is just really bad for a number of reasons. I think in the Maritime Provinces they have come out really well with the Pandemic. Especially PEI. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I will pray that even if there is a new land lord, the new one will let you stay. Many do that. We had new owners here last year and they renewed everyones leases. They have many many new changes but so far have not raised the rent either. Win, win for us. It's hard not know which way to go. Hope soon you can find out exactly what's up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. You are very blessed to have what you have, but then again, You know that. That is one of the great joys in life I suppose! Love and hugs,xoxo

      Delete
  5. I am so very sorry for your troubles it is very unnerving.
    Rents are very hard to find here in the northeast of the US. And if you do they are expensive.
    wishing you great success in your hunt.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Cathy. Uncertainty at any age is hard, but when you are getting elderly it feels even worse. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh dear, I am sorry for these troubles. Here, let me make you feel better, at least you are in the UK and have the NHS and don't have to worry about medical bills! (I am in the USA, if you can't guess.) Not sure if that helps but that is the first thing I thought to tell you to make you feel a bit better. TAke care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are always very grateful for the NHS. I have never lived in a country without free medical care. That's been one of my life's greatest blessings. Thanks Kay! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry about your situation, Marie...will pray you can stay being you spent a horde of money on the place!! Maybe your church can help you find a place that is better suited for you (like no stairs, walkin shower etc). I would be asking anyway if it was me!! You never know WHO will have a nice solution to help you in such things. We too are still keeping an eye out for something else because our rent went up $90/month plus we have to now pay an extra $50 on top of that in order to have the flexibility to move quickly and that all is needed because of the ELEPHANT living upstairs who makes our life miserable at times. She parks her car in front of our place now and loves to honk the horn when getting out (no one ever has figured out HOW to lock their cars by simply pushing the button in the door I guess). I so wish we could live in some remote place but I am locked here with Hubby's medical situation. Life is so less than easy and generally it is other people who add to our problems primarily!! So sad...oh well...good to be old and not facing a long life of such, at least that!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our first place we lived together we had an elephant living over top of us. In fact we think she was a prostitute because there were all sorts of men coming and going all times of the day and lots of noise. It was not fun to be honest. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  8. Oh my dear friend, I will be praying hard that you don't lose your home. I know this is scary, but I do have faith that Heavenly Father has a plan for you two. We spent money more than once on homes we rented; so I know what that is like.
    I do believe in Miracles, so I know you will be OK, someway!
    I loved the wedding photos; I do like to follow the Royals. Your sweet baby friend, is so adorable.
    Just know you will be in my prayers and I'm sending huge hugs your way today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!