Thursday 30 July 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 


These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you. 


 
(source)


Pearls and gold  . . .  gold and pearls.   So pretty.


(source)  

Old keys  . . .  they have such character . . .


(source)  


White kitchens  . . . .  they look more spacious even if they aren't. 


(source)  

The breakfast nook look  . . . 


(source)  


Swiss dot fabric  . . . 



Rings  . . .  I adore finger jewelry. 


  
(source

Tuxedo Cats . . . 



(source)  

I have my favourite day of the week . . . 




Le Creuset . . .  French blue  . . .  love, love, love  . . .   


(source)  


Those puppy dog eyes  . . . 



Ingrid Bergman . . .  she was so  beautiful.  I loved her in Anastasia  . . . 


  


Kindness and people who are naturally kind  . . . 





Corner sofas . . .  me want . . .  some day maybe  . . . 


  


An old house in the middle of nowhere  . . . 




A mix of clean cups  . . . . love that they don't match  . . . 


  


Anything with poppyseeds.  When I lived in Alberta we could get the most delicious poppyseed filled buns  . . . 


(source)


Making dolls  . . .  looking for the source of these beauties  . . . 


  


Therefore to be content  . . . . 




I'm a huge fan of the thatched roof  . . .  


(source)  


This and everything about it  . . .  


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
"But where our hearts truly lie 
is in peace and quiet and
 good, tilled earth. 
For all hobbits share 
a love for things that grow." 
~J.R.R. Tolkien•。★★ 。* 。 



In the English Kitchen today, Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli for Two.   Perfectlyflavoured and sized for two, deliciously simple. No fuss, no muss. 

Have a wonderful Thursday.  Noted that a lot of places that relaxed their lock-downs are now tightening up again.  Too soon, things were let loose too soon. I think if we can figure out a way to live with this safely, for now that is the best we can do, and then perhaps in the future we can find a cure/vaccine, etc.  People are far too complacent and take too many risks I think.   Anyways, safe and healthy day to you all.  Don't forget  . . . 



═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 
 
 
And I do too! 





10 comments:

  1. As your last quote says, it's good to have a love for all things. So much filling your post today gives a good variety for sure There is so much that makes us happy. The world is full of beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Pam. Beauty is always where you find it and always all around us. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Same affection for these things..that door in the bedroom..why don't we do things like that anymore..
    well maybe some do.
    the dolls..
    Not FAKE kind though..seemingly so sweet but..alas..

    Younger gold and pearls..now silver..silver..silver..must be age;)
    Have a nice day..Take care..the meal looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, FAKE kind sticks out a mile! You can see it right away. I hate insincerity. I know that door, sigh . . . I like silver now also. I guess perhaps silver goes better with older skin and hair? You have a nice day also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely favourite things as usual, Marie. And yes, we must all be kinder, I think. That little pile of kittens and the little kitten reading, oh my. Love the puppy dog eyes, too. We're off to get a few groceries. I want to make ribs in the slow cooker and your roasted potato salad so must get provisions in for Saturday. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kittens and puppies are so cute Elaine. Just the sight of them melts my heart! I hope you enjoy the potato salad. Ribs in a slow cooker sounds great! I adore ribs! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. I like your choices of favourite things. The ring, Sundays, the smart kitty reading a book, heart shaped poppy seed muffins and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Terra! Have a great day! oxox

      Delete
  5. I so agree with you sweet friend on how they opened up too quickly. However, if they would all just do as asked and wear masks when you can't social distance and only meet in small groups; this could get better. I'm super worried about my grandchildren going back to school to soon. They are going to wear masks; but I think that's not going to be great, because kids don't obey much these days.
    Lots of fun items that I enjoy too. I love pearls, of course and old keys do have character. I loved all the decor photos. I think a white kitchen is the best and I loved the bedroom at the end of the post. I love rings too.
    All the kitten photos were adorable.
    I would say French blue is my favorite color.
    Of course, the dog photo is adorable. How we love our fur babies.
    How I wish the world was more kind. What happened to loving one another; it's horrible in the states.
    I often think it would be fun to have a home up in the forest or by a lake where there isn't a lot of people.
    Those little dolls area adorable.
    Thanks for sharing all the fun things.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every country that opened up is having to shut down again LeAnn. I think we would be better to focus on how to live safely with the virus while we wait for a vaccine to be found. I see all of the predictions about the last days coming true. Scary but hoping that Christ will return soon. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!