Tuesday 21 July 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, July 21, 2020

Outside my window... 
Dry, sunny with clouds, but very cool.  The dry part is what I like most however, and the sunshine. Might be able to hang some bedding out today! 
 
I am thinking ... 
Had a busy day yesterday. First a friend from church dropped over with her dog. No mask. I was understandably paranoid and kept my distance. I really felt uncomfortable the whole time. Then the guy we thought was our landlord came over to fix something, again no mask. He was in and out most of the day. To be fair once he saw me wearing my mask, he did put his on. He says he is going to try to buy our house outright. For the  moment he owns 1/3 of it. Fingers crossed, he is able to.

I am thankful for ...
Dryer days and cooler temps. I know, but I just really suffer when its really hot and muggy.

In the kitchen ... 
 
 
Nothing new really because there was someone here all day yesterday, but I am sharing these Little Blueberry Puddings, because some things are so tasty, they are worth repeating!  
 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 

The First Mess, Favourite Picnic Salad.  
 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
 
I am creating ... 
 
  
 
Vendulka Maderska on Etsy.  Crochet tea pot coasters. Cute! 
 
 

 
Magic for Kids on Etsy.  Crochet Slippers pattern.  
 
 

 
Tippaya Crochet, Christmas Finger Puppets.  
 
 
 
Quilting Digest. How to quilt with decorative stitches and your walking foot. Video included. 
 
 
 
   

 
Patricia's Patchwork.  Sew and Quilt in one Placemats.  
 
 
I am reading ... 
 
 
 
The Things that Keep Us Here, by Carla Buckley
How far would you go to protect your family? Ann Brooks never thought she’d have to answer that question. Then she found her limits tested by a crisis no one could prevent. Now, as her neighborhood descends into panic, she must make tough choices to protect everyone she loves from a threat she cannot even see.

In this chillingly urgent novel, Carla Buckley confronts us with the terrifying decisions we are forced to make when ordinary life changes overnight. A year ago, Ann and Peter Brooks were just another unhappily married couple trying–and failing–to keep their relationship together while they raised two young daughters. Now the world around them is about to be shaken as Peter, a university researcher, comes to a startling realization: A virulent pandemic has made the terrible leap across the ocean to America’s heartland. And it is killing fifty out of every hundred people it touches.

As their town goes into lockdown, Peter is forced to return home–with his beautiful graduate assistant. But the Brookses’ safe suburban world is no longer the refuge it once was. Food grows scarce, and neighbor turns against neighbor in grocery stores and at gas pumps. And then a winter storm strikes, and the community is left huddling in the dark.

 Trapped inside the house she once called home, Ann Brooks must make life-or-death decisions in an environment where opening a door to a neighbor could threaten all the things she holds dear. Carla Buckley’s poignant debut raises important questions to which there are no easy answers, in an emotionally riveting tale of one family facing unimaginable stress.

Interestingly enough this book was written in 2010. 

Dreaming about ... 
 
(source)
 
Fancy door knobs  . . .  
 
 
 
(source)  
 

A beautiful home  . . . 


(source)  
 
 
Toasting marshmallows  . . . . 


(source)  
 
 
Pretty tea cups  . . . 


(source)  
 
 
Country roads  . . .  poppies, tall grass  . . .  beautiful skies as far as you can see . . .  



(source)  
 
 
Piano music  . . . . oh how I would love to be able to play  . . . 


Something to watch ... 
 
 
Indian Matchmaking on Netflix. Oddly compelling . . .  a fascinating look into another culture. 
 
Makes me smile ... 
 
 
No words needed  . . . 
 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
  
(source)
 
Llanddwyn Island, Anglesey, Wales.   Someday I will get to Anglesey. It looks like such a beautiful place and only an hour or so from where we live. 
 
A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
They say travel is the
only thing you buy that
makes you richer.•。★★ 。* 。
 
 Could this be so? It just might be . . .
 

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 

 


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  





Have a beautiful day! Be safe and don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too! 
 




9 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie. I enjoyed reading your post. That summer salad sure looks cool and refreshing on a hot day. That is a hopeful development that your current landlord might be able to buy the property outright. Then you would be able to stay. Fingers crossed for that to happen. I'm just off to have breakfast. I'm going to make a strawberry/rhubarb crisp. I'll get that into oven before the day heats up too much. Have a good one. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really hoping that he can Elaine. I know he would be more than fair with us and we would feel comfortable staying. A Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp sounds lovely. I adore both fruits individually and together. I just wish rhubarb didn't need so much sugar to make it edible! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. That beautiful home is a renowned restaurant I think..The Chanticleer..Nantucket I believe ..voted one of the worlds most romantic restos..I saw it..our 25th I think..we looked at the menu and everything was too $$In my next life I would have a small salad and actually eat there.Many cute opportunities..have slipped by.


    Now I know..Hope he buys your home!
    I hear you your friend ..no one's been in here except dishwasher repairman..mask on..and dishwasher delivery guys..no masks..but in and out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine it would be a very expensive place to eat! I have always wanted to go to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard! Every time someone comes into our house I am on pins and needles for two weeks because I am afraid to have caught the virus and find myself waiting out the time period for it to show itself. Will life ever go back to normal? I wonder . . . xoxo

      Delete
  3. We have plenty of heat and humidity here. I think this must be the 4th heatwave to hit us this summer. It keeps me indoors just like winter does as I try to keep cool. Hope all worlks out with your Landlord. It would be nice to keep the same one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, it sure would. I know what you mean about the heat and humidity and then the cold in the winter. Things are a lot more moderate here, thank goodness! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Marie, I really think if folks show up without mask and you are worried, just open up the windows...if you have a fan, blow outside air through...I think it would help anyway. Then take extra vit.C etc. We saw news report straight from Israel yesterday...they say they are close to having solution for the virus to publish...that a common drug kills it completely. So soon we should not have any more worries I think. Meanwhile, take all precautions...eat things that help kill viruses...and don't worry. WORRY lowers our immune systems. Glad you have some hope on being able to stay there!! We will keep praying it all works out!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to be rude to them Elizabeth, but I really feel like putting a sign on my door that says no mask no entry. As it is I go crazy cleaning all the door knobs, etc. when they leave. I really hope that someone comes up with some kind of solution soon! Do you watch Al Jazeera news? xoxo

      Delete
  5. I do hope you get to take a trip to the island in Anglesey Wales; it looks lovely. The book sounds like a interesting one, since it is close to what we are experiencing now.
    I do hope that all goes well with your home. I too get very paranoid when people who come don't wear masks. We had plumbers the other day and they did wear masks, gloves and shoe coverings.
    Loved the How to jump a car; those instructions I need to put in my car.
    Always love the crocheted items. I especially loved the slippers.
    I like the home photo; it is beautiful. I love older styled homes a lot.
    I do love the piano and I can play fairly well, but don't practice enough. I recently bought some new pieces to maybe start playing a little more. Our granddaughter that lives with us right now is a beautiful pianist and I love listening to her play.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!