Thursday 9 July 2020

My Favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  


Cherry season. I have not had any yet this year, but I live in hope.  Fresh picked cherries in a brown paper bag. You can't beat them  . . . 


  
(source

Real books and how they feel in your hands  . . .  the heft and the weight, the smell of the paper. I like to run my fingertips over the pages. This is something you can never experience with a kindle  . . .  



(source)   


 The Netflix series, The Crown. We are watching it again for the second time. Its so very well done. You would think you were actually watching the Royals. 



(source)  


Hummingbirds.  I miss them. We don't get them over here.  They were always a wonderful source of entertainment for me. I love them. 



(source)  


Pearls . . .   



(source)


Cotton nighties  . . .  little whisps of beautifulness  . . . 


(source)

 
Ceramic jugs  . . .  especially with roses on them  . . . 


(source)  


Flowery quilts  . . .  well any quilt really  . . . 


(source)  


Moss covered woodland walks  . . . 


(source)  


Cutting flowers . . . zinnias, mums, etc. . . . 


(source)  


The jewels of nature  . . .  


  
(source)
 
Bird's nests    . . . 


(source)  


Little touches of embroidery  . . . 




Melmac dining sets.  They remind me of my childhood and my mother's best dishes  . . .  



  


Quotes  . . .  especially quotes that make you think  . . . 


(source)


Stairs filled with character  . . .  


  

This  . . .  its simple really  . . . 


  
(source)
 
Ornate wood carvings  . . .  so pretty  . . .  


(source)  


Fabric fruit  . . .  I used to make apples . . . 


(source)  
Sleeping alcoves . . . 


And those are my favourites for this week  . . . 

Happy Birthday Mom.
I love you. I miss you. 
Always & forever.
. . . 



In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Small Batch Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas.  


Have a sweet Thursday. Its raining here, again  . . .  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  




11 comments:

  1. Hi Marie,
    Just wanted you to know the link to the enchiladas takes you to the picture of the bed in an alcove on Tumblr. Those enchiladas look delicious. Have a wonderful day. It is so humid here in NY state. Thankfully the heat is too bad, but that humidity... I feel like I'm swimming when I go outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Mary! I have fixed! Whew! The enchiladas are fabulous. I am so sorry you are suffering with high heat and humidity. ((((hugs)))) Hope you get some relief soon! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cherries are available here too, I've seen them advertised in the grocery ads but they ar expensive and I['ve not bought any yet, but I do love them. I've watch the Crown and it is a very good series. Makes us ore aware of what their life is like. Not easy for sure. Your queen is to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I would not be a royal for anything. Their lives truly are not their own, and when they choose to break away from the life they are almost exiled. Look at poor Harry and Meghan. Cherries are the most expensive fruit to buy! xoxo

      Delete
  3. The enchilada link still not working Marie...they look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed and finally working Elizabeth. I was tired yesterday I guess! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Loved all your favourites today, Marie, especially that sweet little hummingbird swing. We rarely see them here but my other friend, Marie, had a humminhbird nest in her tree with two babies. She said it was magical to see their little heads peeking out of the nest. It is still very hot and humid here and will be for at least another week. It's beginning to get very tiring to deal with the heat and the coronavirus restrictions. But we will soldier on. My husband's birthday is Monday and I want to bake him a birthday cake. He does like your Lemon/Ginger one so perhaps I'll make that for him. Take gentle care, Marie. Hugs and love, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perect choice Elaine! Happy Birthday to Larry! I had tons of hummingbirds coming to my feeder when I lived in a rural community just outside of Fredericton once upon a time. Babies and everything. They were so wonderful to watch! I am sorry its so hot and humid for you. I hope you have air conditioning? I remember living in Georgetown and how very draining it was in the summer with heat and humidity. (((((hugs))))) Hope you get relief soon. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loved the poem to your Mother, I hope I can borrow it. My Mom's birthday is this week.
    I again love going through all your favorites. It's amazing what you like that I like too.
    I love real books, and I read books on kindle once in a while; it's not the same.
    I do love pearls, cute nighties, flowery quilts and etc.
    This was a fun one. I do feel happy inside when I read your posts. I still think you should write a book.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!