Thursday 16 July 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.   
 

 
Portraits. Old ones painted in the past. This is the Grande Duchesse Alexandra Palovna of Russia. I always find myself wondering, what was this person like, what was their life like. I find the clothing, hairstyles, etc. interesting as well. 
 
  
 
I am also greatly intrigued by old photographs.  This looks like a nurse from around the time of the First World War.  If every picture tells a story, I find myself wondering . . .  what was hers?  



(source)  
 
Whimsy  . . . .  
 
 
 
 
Todd's niece June recently took up photography.  She has a beautiful eye for capturing beauty in nature. I was blown away by this split photography photo she took of a lion at the London Zoo. You can see more of her work here. Its amazing. I am her biggest fan. 
 

 
Baskets.  I wish I had some. I love them, any size, shape or style.  


 
 
Wellington Boots  . . .   
 
 
  
 
Ballerina's . . .  hold me closer tiny dancer . . . so elegant. 


(Source)  
 
 
Anything frou frou  . . . 


 
Susan Branch Recipe folders. I have several of them. I can't bring myself to ruin them with my writing. I know. I need to stop that and just do it!  

 
 
(source
 
 I would love a chair like this  . . .  you could really relax in it. I would probably have a difficult time staying awake. 
 
 
Fairy tale like cottages  . . . 
 
 
   

 
The intricacies of Oriental porcelain  . . .  



 
The Eifle Tower at night  . . .   


 
Tea rooms where you can get something to drink and a cake to eat and enjoy in a quaint atmosphere. Not too busy, just right  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Herbs and spices . . .  are we not lucky to have such resources today that we can use to make our food taste really good? 
 

 
 
Berries . . .  fresh, frozen, raw, baked, freshly picked . . .  I just love berries.  
 

 
Architecture.  I love how it varies greatly from one country to the next. This is Norweigian . . . 
 
 
  
 
Long and winding roads  . . . 


  
 
Gate houses  . . .  this one is very gothic  . . .   

 
 
 
Pleats . . .  although I do not enjoy ironing them  . . . 
 
And those are my favourite things for this week  . . . 
 
A thought to carry with  you  . . .
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The goal is not to live forever.
The goal is to create
something that will ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
 
 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pork Chop Sandwich, with balsamic caramelised onions.  Something new  . . . and quite delicious! 
 

Have a great Thursday.  I think the sun might be going to shine here. We shall see, its pretty cold this morning however!  Don't forget! 
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Just that little decorative front arbor on the house right? makes it..Here you can get baskets very reasonably..I don't think I have seen a SB recipe keeper..You should have several!Will def make your balsamic onions one day:)Tea rooms♥Outside of one when an acquaintance visited many ..one had a sign outside"Please park prettily"..says it all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that Park Prettily. If I ever own my own home I will have that sign on the drive. I love it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Loved all your favourite things, Marie. Have you visited the Eiffel Tower? We saw it briefly in 1969 by night in the pouring rain from a tour bus window. I was 23 and it just seemed so romantic to me. It's going to be a rainy day here but we really need it. The good news for me today is that we will be able to have an outdoor visit with my brother without having to get tested for Covod-19. No indoor visits unless tested negative. To be honest, I'd just as soon not go inside for his sake and our sake. With asthma and diabetes and over 70 I'm in the high risk group.
    Love and hugd, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you are going to get to visit your brother Elaine! How wonderful for you both! Its been a while! I hope you had a great visit! I was to the Eiffel Tower when I was four years old but I don't really remember much except it being very foggy! Maybe one day I will have another chance. Love and hugs to you, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of he long and winding roads right now I'd love a trip to the country. Happy Thursday, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any kind of trip at the moment would be pretty wonderful Pam! Happy day to you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lots of fun things to look at on this one. I love pleats too, but don't like the ironing part.
    I love old photographs too. Because I am a nurse, I really loved that one. it is an old one for sure.
    Todd's Nieces photo was awesome. I will check her site out.
    I love baskets too and have a few around the house to hold stuff.
    I love ballet and took lessons as a youth. I was in toe shoes and loved the costumes. It was a fun thing to learn how to do.
    I do enjoy looking at different kinds of architecture from other countries. I really love old homes and I enjoy the photos of cottages and etc. that you have on your blog.
    I do love so many different kinds of food and the spices that make it good. Your pork chop and sandwiches looks so yummy. I loved your spice recipe for it; thanks!
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!