Tuesday 30 June 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, June 30th, 2020



Outside my window ...
It looks like another rainy day is in the offing. The skies are grey and dismal and its cold. June has made up for the brilliance of April and May with really horrible weather.  Just as well however, as sunny days brings out an appalling number of people disrespecting the fact that we are still in the middle of a Pandemic. 


I am thinking ...
How can this be the end of June? Tomorrow we will be officially into the latter part of the year.  2020 is destined to go down as the year that never was.  The year we all spent tucked away for our own safety. (Not that I am complaining because I would really rather be safe than dead!)



I am thankful for ...
I have a wonderfully comfortable life.  Dry bed, roof over my head. Food in my belly. Clean clothing to wear. Clean water to drink. etc. That puts me into the top percentage of the world which is considered to be the wealthiest. 


In the kitchen ...



BBQ Bacon Patty Melt.  Not new, but I ran out of time yesterday.  Its all we can do to each eat a half of one of these.  They are incredibly delicious but rather filling!

 
On my "To Cook" list ...  


Just a Smidgen.  The Best Zucchini Relish.  Oh how I miss my preserving days  . . .   


Good to Know ...   





Ive always wanted to know how to use chopsticks.  




I am creating ...   




   




No source, but I love this vintage paper styled Christmas Garland.  




Annie Spratt.  50 free to use vintage card images.


    



Creative Breathing.  Peppermint Shadowbox.  Love this.  


  

Natalie Loves.  DIY Glitter Houses.  






Marshmallow Creations. How to make Tulle  & Nylon Net Christmas Trees.  Not free, but not expensive.  Complete PDF tutorial. 



I am reading ...  


 



Vanishing Acts, by Jodi Picoult  
Andrew Hopkins lovingly raised his daughter Delia on his own, allowing her to believe that they lost Delia's mother in a car accident twenty-seven years ago.

But as Delia is preparing herself for the next chapter in her life, a policeman knocks on the door and reveals a terrible secret: that Andrew kidnapped his four-year-old daughter and led Delia's mother to believe she was dead.

As he sits behind bars, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Andrew is guilty. But does that mean that what he did wasn't right?  

Dreaming about ... 
 


pretty cardigans  . . . . 


  
(source


Daisies at the beach  . . . 





Embroidered aprons  . . . 


  



Sandy paths  . . . 



Buckets of berries  . . . 


Something to watch ...  

  

Summer in February on Netflix  . . .  a romance based on a true story  . . .  is kind of sad though so be warned  . . .



Makes me smile ...  


Cats wearing spectacles  . . . 


Corners of my kingdom ...  

  


Now summer is in flower and natures hum Is never silent round her sultry bloom Insects as small as dust are never done Wi’ glittering dance and reeling in the sun And green wood fly and blossom haunting bee Are never weary of their melody Round field hedge now flowers in full glory twine Large bindweed bells wild hop and streakd woodbine That lift athirst their slender throated flowers Agape for dew falls and for honey showers These round each bush in sweet disorder run And spread their wild hues to the sultry sun.” - John Clare- 'June'.  


Cottage garden in the village of Wilmcote- Warwickshire, England. 



A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Don't take criticism from 
people you would never go to 
for advice.•。★★ 。* 。 



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 

 


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  





Have a beautiful day! Be safe and don't forget!   
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
    


10 comments:

  1. The apron reminds me of my great grandma who always had so many fancy aprons...likely made them herself. I do not wear such fancy ones...just durable and ones that will protect my clothing underneath...but all that handwork on those old ones...they should be displayed on a wall!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother always wore an apron as well. When I was working I always wore an apron. Like you, nothing fancy, just plain workhorses! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. We need your rain..weirdest days..threats of and nothing:(WE don't get that movie on Netflix:(
    Watched one we missed a few yrs back.
    Cried..
    I Miss You Already.
    Have a beautiful day.
    Heard Broadway is closed at least until Jan 3rd 2021.
    Does that mean no Christmas gatherings in the north? We certainly cannot be outside..

    oy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look for that. I Miss You Already. Sounds good! I think 2020 is going to be the lost year . . . sadly. This is all just so very sad. Today is the last day we have our car. We just cannot afford to go any longer and paying over £100 a month just for it to sit there seems unjustifiable! xoxo

      Delete
  3. With July we have the hottest month of the year and this week is to be dry and sunny one for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy July Pam! I remember back home July and August were insanely hot! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie, I'm so sorry you must give up your car but needs must as they say. It probably will prove to have been a good decision. I'm sure you'll miss it, though. It was fun to see a little bit of Christmas in your post. Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦, Marie. I'm sure a little piece of your heart will be celebrating with us and your precious family. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss it dreadfully Elaine. We will now have to beg for rides places or take taxis. We are officially a walking family! I thought Christmas in July! Why no! Happy Canada Day! I am sure celebrations will be very low key this year! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Here in Utah, we have been getting alot of rain; which we have needed badly. I think it will be extra warm this weekend.
    I hardly can believe it is July. Time is going by so quickly even with all this downtime; the days fly by.
    We are all truly blessed with good things even though we are in a tough situation. I look back on other eras and I'm deeply grateful for now.
    Wow, the patty melt looks so yummy!
    I'm sure I could never learn how to do chopsticks. I have a granddaughter that loves to use them.
    Oh, I see we are having a bit of Christmas in July. I liked it all.
    The book does look intriguing. I need to read a good novel soon. I finally finished the Fire and Steel series and it was very good.
    As always, I enjoy looking through what you are dreaming about.
    The movie looks like a good one.
    The cat with the glasses is adorable.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I can do with chopsticks is spear food! I got Todd the first volume in the Fire and Steel series. He is enjoying it! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!