Thursday 11 June 2020

My Favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  

 

Vintage Seed Catalogue Art.  There is a part of me that always wanted to get my watercolours out and replicate it.  For practice. 



Shiny wooden floors  . . . . 

  

Iced cold bottles of soda pop on a hot summers day.  Do you remember how lovely bottles of pop tasted from one of these coolers?  My favourite was Nesbitts Orange. 



White cotton with crochet lace inserts  . . . 


  
Sunbeams over lavender by Michael Blanchett 

Lavender. It is my dream to one day see a field of lavender for real.  

  

Cabbage rose dresses with pretty pockets  . . . 


  

Reflections  . . . 



Farmhouse sinks  . . . 


  

Old stone buildings in the south of France with their window boxes and shutters . . .  



Wooden picket fences . . .   



Old iron beds  . . . 


  

Scandanavian cottages with gingerbread trim  . . . 



Windowsil flowers  . . .  especially geraniums  . . . 


  


Pretty hair pins  . . . . 



The colour pink  . . . . 


  

Fresh ripe tomatoes, especially in sandwiches  . . . 



Old teapots  . . . 

  


Poetry, reading and writing  . . . 


The smell of wet pavement and patterns in puddles  . . . 

  

The Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker  . . .  


And of course all of you!  What are some of your favourite things?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *A wise man was asked
What is anger?
He gave a beautiful answer.
It is a punishment we give
ourselves for someone
else's mistake.•。★★ 。* 。 




Cheese Quesadillas in The English Kitchen today.  A tasty snack or a light lunch.   



Yesterday's recipe was Small Batch Fig Bars. Delicious!  


I hope you have a wonderful Thursday.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    

 




8 comments:

  1. All of it:) I used to reach my hand in that coke cooler after pushing the screen door w/ coke or something metal insignia hand thing on it:)I love the vintage labels to put on cans for flowers!Have a good ay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you also had a good day Monique! xoxo

      Delete
  2. How I would love a farmhouse sink, mine is smaller than average. And nothing can beat the taste of a fresh homegrown tomato. Yum. They will be coming in the markets soon. Those fig bars look wonderful so now I'll check out your recipe. It's a lovely summer day here and I hope yours is the same. Have a beautiful day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small sink also Pam! It was rainy here yesterday off and on, but no complaints as we do need rain from time to time and we have really been spoiled with sunshine as of late! xixi

      Delete
  3. About half of these are among my favs too...thanks for sharing!! OH yes, loved the old pops...orange, grape, rootbeer by favs...heh, they had one of these machines in my dad's shop...so you can bet what we were always asking for...think it cost either 5 or 10 cents in those days!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could get a lot even for a penny back in the old days Elizabeth! We lived next to a motel and they had one in their lobby along with chocolate bars and potato chips you could buy. My sister, brother and I spent a lot of our allowance in that motel lobby! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I always love going through your favorite things because I like so many of the things you like. I did love those bottles of pop and orange was a favorite. Tomato sandwiches; yummy for sure. I loved the dress with pockets. All the decor, homes, and that cute kitten with the pink nose. Lavender fields; that a treat it would be to see. I truly just love all the photos today.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! Love and hugs to you and Roger always. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!