Tuesday 23 June 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, June 23, 2020 



Outside my window...
Its dry but very overcast. It remains to be seen what today will bring. 


What I am thinking ...
Was it just a few weeks ago when our world was being filled with such an outpouring of love, filled with helping hands reaching out to others in amazing ways.  And now, there is so much hate and opposition. So unbelievable and disheartening in so many ways. 


I am thankful for ...
My faith in God. It truly sustains me. 


In the kitchen ...  

How to make a Sourdough Focaccia, for those of you who are wanting to try something new. It worked out beautifully!  




Grandmother's Strawberry Pie for those who are wanting something a bit more traditional.  




On my "to Cook" list ...  





Heaven on Earth Cake. Onion Rings and Things. 


Good to know ...  

 
I am creating ...  
 
  


Fab Art DIY.  Pleats Wrinkle Bag, free and video as well. 



Handy Little Me.  Ice Cream Swirl Tea Cosy.  


Petals to Picots.  4 Quick and Easy Dishcloth Patterns.  



Stone Gable. No Sew Ribbon Pillow DIY.  



Biscuits and Burlap. DIY Bedskirt.  
 


I am Reading ...  



Vanishing Acts, by Jodi Picoult  
Andrew Hopkins lovingly raised his daughter Delia on his own, allowing her to believe that they lost Delia's mother in a car accident twenty-seven years ago.

But as Delia is preparing herself for the next chapter in her life, a policeman knocks on the door and reveals a terrible secret: that Andrew kidnapped his four-year-old daughter and led Delia's mother to believe she was dead.

As he sits behind bars, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Andrew is guilty. But does that mean that what he did wasn't right? 



Dreaming About ...  




Bejeweled dresses  . . . 



  




Gold Lockets and lace  . . . 




  



Beautiful bracelets  . . . 





Buttons, ruffles, bows and rolls  . . .  




  



Flowery hemlines  . . . 



Something to Watch ...  




The Book Shop on Prime.  Thanks Monique, we loved it! 



Makes me smile ...   






Ladies who lunch  . . .  



 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 



  



“The train whistled, and chuffed out of the station. The children pressed their noses to the window and watched the dirty houses and the tall chimneys race by. How they hated the town! How lovely it would be to be in the clean country, with flowers growing everywhere, and birds singing in the hedges! “ ~Enid Blyton 'The Enchanted Wood'- the first in 'The Faraway Tree series'.  


 📸 St John’s in the Vale, Lake District, Cumbria, England, by Andrew Locking. 



A Thought to Carry with you  ...  


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Faith is the art of holding onto things
despite your changing moods and circumstances.
~C.S. Lewis  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 

 


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  




Have a beautiful day! Be safe and don't forget!   
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
 


6 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie, I'm going to watch your video on making a sour dough starter. I've always wanted to try my hand at it. And...oh, my, I'll definitely make your Strawberry Pie 🍓. It is such a beautiful red colour. Things are opening up here in Toronto. Malls will be open starting tomorrow. I doubt we'll venture there for a few more weeks till we get the lay of the land, so to speak. I made your
    Lemon/Ginger snack cake. I didn't have sour cream so substituted plain yoghurt. That worked. We especially liked the tart, lemon icing with the flavour of the cake. It looked so pretty dotted with tiny pieces of candied ginger. I would definitely
    make it again. Well, almost breakfast time. Two toasted crumpets and a cup of hot coffee await me. Enjoy your day. It's been very hot here the last few days but things should cool down a bit today. Did you see the lovely picture of Prince
    William with his three children taken to celebrate Father's Day and his 38th birthday? Such a beautiful little family. Princess Charlotte looks so much like her great-grandmother. Did you decide to go to Costco with your friend? Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of things are opening up here as well Elaine, but I am still very nervous about going out and about. There is so much they don't know and so much has been kept from us. I don't really trust anything we are told a this moment. I am so happy you liked the cake. I often substitute yogurt for sour cream and it works well! that photo of Prince William with his children was just darling! What a sweet family they are. I did not go to Costco. I could not make myself. Todd did, however, and I burst into tears as soon as he left, and prayed he would be safe. I think I am probably more afraid of this thing than I should be. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I cried at the end:(Glad you liked it!
    Bows..crochet..lace..tea cozies♥
    Perfect,I noticed at tea cozy in The Bookshop..That Bill Nighy is amazing...And she's wonderful..always a villain in a movie..she was a villain in Sharp Objects too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Bill Nighy is a very under-rated actor! We both love films like this. Me, probably more than him, but still, its something! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I did feel like the world was being humbled by the Pandemic and now it has turned to the other side of just not caring. I know in many ways this is a test for us all to learn good things from.
    I liked the recipes and want to try the bread one for sure.
    The wrinkle bad is cute. I loved the crocheted dishcloths and if they are easy, I should try.
    The Book looks like an intriguing one.
    I loved all the Dreaming about photos. I thought the clothes and the locket were so cute.
    I look for the show on prime.
    The Ladies to lunch made me smile.
    You do have the best of Daybook entries.
    Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LeAnn. I wish I had appreciated and been able to dress my younger body better when I had it! lol Now it is too late! I liked the photo of the squirrels also. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!