Wednesday 24 June 2020

One Solitary Life . . .



He was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in still another village, where he worked in a carpenter shop until he was thirty. Then for three years he was an intinerant preacher. 

 He never wrote a book.
He never held an office.
He never had a family or owned a house.
He didn't go to college.



He never travelled more than 200 miles from the place where he was born. He did none of these things one usually associates wih greatness.

He had no credentials but himself.

He was only 33 when public opinion turned against him. His friends ran away. He was turned over to his enemies and went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed to a cross between two thieves. 

Calling by Youngsun Kim 

When he was dying, his executionerss gambled for his clothing, he only property he had on earth. When he was dead he laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.

Nineteen Twenty centuries have come and gone, and today he is the central figure of the human race, the leader of mankind's progress.

All the armies that have ever marched, all the navies that ever sailed, all the pariliaments that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man on earth as much as that One Solitary Life.
~Author Unknown 

  

Now this is quite interesting I think.  On the left you see a portrait based on the Shroud of Turin, which is believed to have been the cloth that the Saviour was buried in and is considered to be a Holy relic.  It was a photo created by Sri Sathya Si, materialised from a computerised print of the shroud.  On the right  you see a painting by a girl named Akiane,  called the Prince of Peace and painted when she was only 8.  On YouTube, there is an interesting video where you can see how very similar both are to each other. In fact you might think they were impressions of the same individual.  You can read Akiane's story here.  I find it all very fascinating. 




Another way of phrasing it is, "Fear Not," and yes, it is written in the bible more than 300 times. Fact.  This I also find quite interesting. If its important to Him, it needs to be important to me.  



  

2019 was not a great year for our family  . . .  and 2020 hasn't been much better for many reasons, many of which you are also experiencing.  I have days when I just want to curl up into a ball and just never wake up. It is on those days that I need the courage and support of the Saviour more than ever.  I really cannot do it on my own.   

Grace doesn't sit at the end of the tunnel.
It is the power that gets you through the tunnel. 

When asked why or how I can believe . . . .  all I can say is I believe because I can't not believe.  I have had far too many experiences in my life where the only way I  could have gotten through them was by His grace. He has either walked by my side or carried me. I have never felt abandoned and I do not feel it now. I love Him and I know He loves me too. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
To pray it to let go
and let God take over.
~Philippeans 4:6-7•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Roast Chicken, with crispy roasted potatoes, honey carrots and broccoli. Built for two and with a lush gravy.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.  Don't forget! 

 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
    
 




 


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! For always reading and commenting even if it isn't your cup of tea! It is noticed and very much appreciated. You are a treasure to me! xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post. We need to focus on the Savior instead of all the craziness that seems to be going on everywhere in society just now. I love this testimony and feel the same way. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Deb. We are living in crazy times. We need the Saviour now more than ever! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love this post and it's so true. We should not fear, our Lord is always with us every step of the way. Thanks for the encoring words for today. Don't fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! You are welcome. You are a pretty darned great encourager yourself! Love your blogs. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh, my dear friend, Thanks you for sharing these thoughts on the Savior. I too don't know what I would do with out the testimony I have of Him. I don't know what I could do with His Grace to make it through these life experiences. I loved all the graphics too and hope it's Ok that I borrowed them.
    This post uplifted my heart and I will go forth with even more faith to face the day to day struggles of our circumstances now.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow away LeAnn! I did! We all need a bit of lifting up from time to time, and maybe even more than ever at the moment! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie, God is love. He's always there for us and there is always hope. Things will be alright. Some day we will look back on all of this and marvel at what we overcame. Be gentle with yourself. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. This too shall pass eh! I keep telling myself that. I ventured out yesterday to the bank machine. I was so nervous! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!