Friday 26 June 2020

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you!     
 
 
 
 Lauren's Latest. Mini Corn Dogs. I have never eaten a corn dog, but these could tempt me. Mom loved corndogs, surprisingly enough. I remember on one of my visits home she wanted me to pick her up a box of the frozen ones. I had just never equated her with eating corn dogs. 
 
 
 
Old World Garden Farms.  Overnight Bread & Butter Pickles.  I love Bread & Butter Pickles.  
 
 

The Magpie and the Wardrobe.  Witch Fairies.  
 
 


5 Minutes for Mom. How to sew a pleated face mask with filter pocket.  




 
Lin Mary Knits.  One cup Tea Cosy.  
 
 
 

 
Smashed Peas and Carrots.  French Seamed Pillow cases in less than 30 minutes.  
 
 
   

Crafty Sisters.  Bed skirts with contrasting box pleats.  I want to make bedskirts for our beds.  
 


 
Make it, Love it. Re-upholstering 101.  
 

 
 
Instructables.  Roll Up Glove Box Essentials Caddy. 
 
 
 
Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss.  Applique Shirt Cuff Pouches. 
 

 
Sew Can She.  Hanging Storage Baskets.  
 
 

 
Elena.  Chicken Pot Holders. Its in a foreign language, but every step is pictured. 
 
 

 
We Are Far From Normal.  Altoid tin sized first aid kit.
  
 

 
Nest of Posies.  Fall Felt Wreath.  Its never too soon.  
 
 
 
Inspiration Only.  Needlefelted bee skip.  So cute! 
 
 
   

 
Delish.  Fro Yo Bites. 
 
 
 
9 Easy DIY Spice Blends.  
 
 

 
Kirby Kravings. DIY Extracts. 
 
 
  
 
 
Crafters Cupboard. Altered Matchbox.  
 
 
  
 
A La Mode Design.  Free Script Fonts.  
 
 
 
Sublime Reflection.  Dutch Door Weekly Bullet Journal Layout.  
 
 


 
Freckles & Flower Girl. Just because its so pretty.  
 
 
 
Ann Wood.  The sweetest needlebook. Free tutorial and pattern. 
 
 
 
 
Linda Vincent.  Be filled with wonder and peace. Inspiration.  
 
 

 
The Roving Nomad.  Tea Towel holder ring. Crochet.  
 
 And those are my finds for this week! I hope you saw something of interest! 
 
It was so hot and sticky here last night.  A hard to sleep night.  Plus some idiot right in back of us decided to do really loud fireworks at quarter to 11, setting off all the dogs in the neighborhood, including ours!  I had just fallen asleep!  GRRRR!!!  It was so loud.  Only four really big bangs, but just enough to annoy!
 
 
A thought to carry with you . . . .
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Being okay if it happens
and okay if it doesn't is
a very powerful place to be.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 
  
 
Nothing new in the kitchen today, but thought you might enjoy this Small Batch Rhubarb, Vanilla & Cardamom Jam.  The Recipe makes only two jars. 
 
 Have a great Friday. We are in for rain and thunderstorms today, which is okay. We need to get rid of some of this heat.  Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

 

And I do too!    
 
 
 
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Lots of cute things! Fireworks were banned this year..celebrations canceled..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not surprising given the present circumstances Monique! I wish they would bann them here! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lots of fun stuff to look at here!! Maybe even to do!! So sorry about the idiot with the fireworks!! Too bad you cannot wake them up somehow about 4 AM or so!! Such juvenile behavior...they have outlawed private fireworks in this area and I for one am most glad...even if we no longer have a dog! Our poor dog used to shake herself nearly to death during 4th of July!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals hate fireworks Elizabeth! I think they should be banned altogether with the exception of controlled displays. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  3. We had fireworks 💥 somewhere close by this past weekend and they were very loud! I was not impressed. I remember being at a fireworks display many years ago and a poor liitle dog took shelter in our car as soon as we opened the door. We did find his owner but the little guy was terrified. Leading up to Canada Day, there are often fireworks every night for a week. Too much noise! I made your Lemon/Ginger Snack Cake again, Marie. We both like it so much. I also made strawberry ice-cream with sweetened condensed milk and whipping cream. You roast 2 lbs of strawberries for an hour in a low oven to bring out the strawberry flavour. We haven'y tasted it yet. It's for Canada Day. I'm quite intrigued with your small batch rhubarb jam. That might be my task for tomorrow. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, I am so happy you enjoy that cake! Yay! That strawberry ice cream sounds wonderful. We have been enjoying strawberry milkshakes. Half a banana, a handful of frozen berries, and milk, blitzed in the smoothie maker. Very nice and very enjoyable! Normally I don't like Bananas, but they make these shakes nice and creamy and add a bit of sweet. Love and hugs to you always! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Milkshakes are wonderful on a hot day. My favourite will always be vanilla but strawberry would be lovely, too. Hugs and love, Elaine

      Delete
    3. Oh, I do love a Vanilla Milkshake most of all when we are talking real milkshakes. I used to love to go to Dairy Queen. No such thing over here! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, lots of cute things on this one. We may be back to making more masks so I like this pattern.
    Loved the pillow cases and the bedspread. I wish I sewed more. I need to take some king sized sheets and make them for a queen bed. I just keep tucking them in and I know it wouldn't take much to make them over.
    I like the towel holder and would love a few of those.
    I really like the Script fonts; they are my favorites for sure.
    Thanks for your finds!
    Big hugs for all that work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and hugs LeAnn. Thank you for your faithfulness in always reading. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!