Tuesday 2 June 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, June 2, 2020 


Outside my window ...
The sun is shining. The sky is blue. The birds are chittering and singing. The weather has blessed us yet again. 


I am thinking ...
ALL lives matter. We will never heal as a world until this is the prevailing attitude amongst all peoples and in all nations. Only light can chase away the darkness. 


I am thankful for ...
The Gospel in my life. It has afforded me the opportunity to believe in and to see EVERYONE as a child of God. No more. No less. Of equal value.



In the kitchen ...  


In the English Kitchen today, Strawberry & Rhubarb Crisp. So delicious!

 
On my "To Cook" list ...  


Taste of Home. Vermont Maple Cookies.  


Good to know ... 

I agree with 1, 2. 4, 5 and 7. Not sure I understand 5 and I don't agree with 3. 


I am creating ...  


   



Sizzix. Embellished notebooks. 


   


5 Little Monsters.  Burly Spun Bolster Pillow.  



eHow DIY Reusabe Tortilla Warmer.   



Just B Crafty. Tunisian Stitch Crochet Dishcloth. These look good.  




Turquoise with Vanilla. Crochet Spa Set. 

I am reading ...  


  


The Postcard, by Leah Flemming
1930s, London. Having grown up on a secluded Scottish estate with her aunt Phoebe, Caroline is shocked to discover that Phoebe is actually her mother and flees to Egypt in rebellion. Quickly finding herself in an unhappy marriage, Caroline has an affair with an old flame, but soon finds herself pregnant with his child. With her personal life in tatters and WWII approaching, she volunteers to smuggle valuable information into Europe for the British government. But when Caroline finally returns from war, her baby is gone. Will she be able to track him down?

2002, Australia. When Melissa discovers a postcard addressed to 'Desmond' among her recently deceased father's effects, she is determined to discover this person's identity and his relationship to her father. She embarks on a journey that will take her across oceans to discover more about her family's past . . .

A bit of light reading  . . .



Dreaming of ...  



Bathroom Bouquets  . . . 


 
(source


A garden swing  to curl up in . . .  



French  Bakeries . . .  



Gable Windows  . . . 




A kitchen large enough to eat in  . . . 


Something to Watch ... 


Somebody Feed Phil.  I have loved every series.  Its not just about food. Its warm and interesting and filled with culture. 

Makes me smile ... 


Ducklings  . . .


A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Don't ever take a fence down
until you know why it was put up.
~Robert Frost   •。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Llangrannog is a small, coastal village and seaside resort in Ceredigion, Wales


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day! Be safe and don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
    


10 comments:

  1. We had tarted Somebody Feed Phil and J got distracted..but we were made aware of this season..3 the latest epi Mtl..and watched it.So good..is he a nice guy or what?♥
    #3 I have known people like that.. Dr Wayne Dyer used to be a big fan...

    I find people like that selfish;)

    Right now I am having trouble thinking about anything but the graphic pics and state of the world..I bet you too..I want to stand up to them and put them in jail to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved every one of his shows Monique, You are right, he is such a nice guy and it seems genuine, not put on. Like you, I do not like selfish people. I am having problems with what is going on in the world as well. What happened was wrong. But you know, every day black children are killed by other black children. White children are killed as well. People are killed every day in inhumane and despicable ways. Aboriginals all over the world have been mistreated and subjugated for centuries, then there is the people trafficking that is going on and the sex trafficking, etc. Many, Many injustices. What I cannot understand is how looting and lawlessness and violent protest make any of that better. You don't fix wrongs by committing more wrongs. Just my opinion!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! As always... sooo GOOD to catch with you here, so good to read your recent posts. I'm a bit slow these days, but I get here! I see you on IG daily, so I'm glad about that! ;) Like you, my heart is feeling pretty heavy about the state of the world right now, for any reasons. And not least all the terrible issues with racism in my home country of America. It's just breaking my heart! I hope LOVE will win the day. LOVE and ACCEPTANCE between us all should be a birthright. ALL LIVES MATTER... That habits list is though-provoking, isn't it?! I'm afraid I fall into most of that list... LOL! Not 3, though... Fun with the Tunisian crochet--I have not tried that! What a robust fabric that type of crochet creates. Your current reading sounds really good... sounds like it could make a good film or tv series too! Thinking of you, and hoping you & dear Todd continue keeping well and safe! LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, it is fun to see you on IG too. You and TJ have the cutest little house. You are right . . . ALL lives matter. I'm afraid we won't see peace and total love until the Saviour's return. He can't come soon enough for me! Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Marie, I was torn between making your rhubarb cake or strawberry/rhubarb crumble. The cake won as I don't have any strawberries. I just popped it in the oven. I'm trying hard not to be drawn into world events. I will say this, all lives matter! What will it take for people's hearts to be moved? I just don't know. On a happier note, I loved that wallpaper in the picture of the pretty bathroom. It just looks so retro and cozy. Bathrooms today can be so sleek with hard edges. The crochet dishcloths are very pretty in pastel. Enjoy your afternoon. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the cake Elaine! Everyone I know who makes it does. Not too sweet, its just right! I a with you ALL lives do matter. When will the world get it right. Sigh ... I love retro wall paper and designs. I fear I was born far too late! But I am glad I was or I wouldn't be here any longer in all liklihood! Love and hugs, and happy day wishes! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Me again. We loved the cake. It was delicious. The only thing I did differently was to add a teaspoon of cinamon to the sugar before I sprinkled it on top of the cake. Thanks for the recipe. Hugs, Elaine

      Delete
    3. What a great idea Elaine! I love it! xoxo

      Delete
  4. So happy that you have had more lovely sunny days to enjoy. All lives do matter and I wish that point could be mentioned. I think in general, black people bring on this more than needed because they now do have many opportunities that they didn't have in former times. Here in the States, it is a big mess. Satan is very busy.
    The Vermont Mable Cookies look delicious. I need to make some cookies.
    Those are good, bad habits to work on for sure; especially the social media one.
    I do love going through your creating items. There are so cute ones today.
    The Postcard book looks intriguing. I'm still trying to finish my Gerald Lund book. The series has been such a good one. I learned a lot about Hitler and also how much missionary work was done during that era. There were a lot of members of the church during that time in Germany.
    I always love looking through your dreaming of photos. We do like similar things.
    I enjoyed it all today! Blessings and hugs for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would make those maple cookies if I could get the Maple Sugar LeAnn! I have not read that series of Gerald Lund books, but I am betting Todd would enjoy them! Me as well! Love, hugs and blessings for you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!