Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, June 23, 2015

Outside my window ...
It's very overcast.  Not as light out this morning.  It was very showery off and on all day yesterday.   A real mixed bag and I thought it was quite cold last evening  . . . well, for June at any rate.

I am thinking ...
As a church we were recently counselled that the days were coming that we would need enough courage to stand alone against the tide of popular public opinion and beneath the scrutiny of Political Correctness.  That day has come.

I am thankful for ...
The Gift of the Holy Ghost which is with me always and helps me to know the right from the wrong.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN2028_zpsnfgibfwz.jpg

Homemade "Salad" Dressing.  Similar to Miracle Whip.  Easy to make.  Economical too.  Delicious.  It comes together in seconds.

On my "To Cook" List ...

 photo 85770faab411834992e9660cb0d6e21a_zpsh8q1joqd.jpg

From Whole and Heavenly Oven, Copycat King's Hawaiian Bread Rolls.  These look really good.

I am Creating ...
 photo 2-28-brett-bara-28_zpsowyw08bc.jpg

I love this Billy Ball Pillow.   There is a step by step Tutorial on Front + Main.

 photo 1231f7ea47fdcdf629f619d6171dd196_zpskn1shxcu.jpg

I think these crochet Ballerina Flats are really cute.   The full pattern on Ravelry.

 photo VINTAGE LABELS 6_zpsxg1l2k3o.jpg

This is just one sheet of the six free sheets of printable labels which are available on The Digital Bakery.

 photo b02f9b9f6c41186847faa8f0d2d241d1_zpsrlezsihq.jpg

Tutti Frutti Pot Holders.   Simple to make and I think quite cute.   From Craft Gawker.

 photo b1d677b93cd458f386a1b5235d2b7512_zps3vmijddy.jpg

ADORABLE.  That is what I think of this Minion Pin Cushion.   Found on Lady Joyceley.

I am reading ...

 photo 511QWqqsiL._SY344_BO1204203200__zps4ilitm83.jpg

Anne of Green Gables, by L. M. Montgomery.
I have seen the film.  I have seen the musical play.  I had never read the book.

"Anne, an eleven-year-old orphan, is sent by mistake to live with a lonely, middle-aged brother and sister on a Prince Edward Island farm and proceeds to make an indelible impression on everyone around her."

I've been to the house the Book was based on, and seen the Lake of Shining Waters.   I thought it was more than about time to read the inspiration which all of these things were based on.   Childish perhaps  . . .  but I don't think it hurts to feed your inner child now and again.

I am hoping ...
That I can collect more of these Puffin In Bloom Classic Novels.  I think the next one I am going to save for will be Heidi.  I adored that story as a child.

Makes me smile ...
 photo 11141779_10155631983870234_1778091699869807637_n_zpsictrwyaq.jpg

This little red headed grandson of mine.  He's enjoying some pizza out with his dad.   I think you are probably smiling now.  All he wants for Christmas is his two front teeth.  Love him to bits.

I am learning ...
That more often than not, the people who should love and accept you are the ones who don't. Sad but true.

Around the house ...
 photo leaf_zpsqkjnnkez.jpg

How to make Leaf Stepping Stones for the garden.   A complete Tutorial on Dream Garden 101.

 photo b4b9afa58a9cd89fb41ca5d480cb67f8_zpsmfsftg3b.jpg

11 Plants that Repel Mosquitoes.   Plant Care Today.

 photo lemon-1_zpsvxfjodtm.jpg

The Right Way to Store Lemons.   From The Glamorous Housewife.

 photo bc06435c73b8d619bda7acb7b2a0ea24_zps5t1yglki.jpg

Miracle Pan Release.  From Love Bakes Good Cakes.

 photo a58766d015d64ea7a23de32eb16245ee_zps0ueesjo8.jpg

Outdoor Tuna Can Lanterns.   From In My Own Style.  

I am pondering ...
What does my family really think of me and do I really want to know??

A favourite Quote of the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. (¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“`*.¸.*
✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


"True Love is an act of the will.  A conscious decision to do what is best for the other
person instead of for ourselves." 
~Billy Graham

One of my favourite things ...  
 photo 29c3c84b07395871d5b7fa549270c0ae_zpsp5dmouap.jpg

Butterflies.   They are not as common as what they used to be.

A Peek into my Day ...

 photo soul_zpsoycqlpar.jpg

I feed and exercise my spirit every day.  If you don't use it, you lose it.



And that's my daybook for this week!


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
  ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
 ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
 ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! Don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


10 comments:

  1. Lots of love to you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzan! Lots of love to you too. God bless you and your family today and always! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This afternoon has been far from good.

    I love the Anne books. Actually I am quite fond of the old fashioned girls' fiction. Take me away to a simpler time. One of my saddest days was throwing away my ruined collection of books. Plus the Minion is so sweet. I wonder if I could do that?

    Take care my love,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've had a bad afternoon Suzan! Some days are diamonds and some days are dust! I am sure you could do the Minion. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I am Marie, wonder if this will actually arive in your comment box...all well down here in sunny and warm Box...Mary has just gone over to feed Amber, she has to feed him 4 times a day now as well as leaving him dry food...it is amazing how long he has lasted after the diagnoses of the thyroid trouble it is about 18 months now, although we note that he is not so active these days...Your wee red hared grandson is so cute, no doubt his new teeth will have grown in by now...It is sad when we love our children but don't get much in return...must be the same for our heavenly Father....have a lovely day..I will away and make a sandwich for Mary, I think I will have a couple of oatcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain here today..

    That little redhead:) Not a care in the world..:)
    Look how great they look toothless?

    Have a nice day Marie..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sunny and warm here as well Sybil! I am cooking dinner for the Senior Missionaries who are coming over for supper. We will be having a planning session this evening. So nice to see your comment! I was getting worried! The iPad is a steep learning curve for sure! My grandchildren are all sweetie pies and I am not biased at all! haha I just had a facetime with my middle son's youngest Jacob. He is the wee redheads younger brother. He's not yet in school full time!

    I know Monique! SOmehow however, being toothless loses it's charm as we get older, lol
    You have a nice day too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to be able to have the time now to read some blogs. I missed yours and all at the things you share. My family has all gone home now but I have some wonderful new memories. It was a busy time of it as I am one that never dresses before noon and usually have an afternoon nap. But I enjoyed being worn out with all the family at hand. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this one as always. The picture of that sweet grandson is priceless. I have one that just lost his two front teeth too.
    I agree that we are in the era that we will need to have courage to stand up. Right now my heart is breaking because my baby's husband is one of the doubters. She is struggling a lot with this and we are too. We are in the last days for sure. I think we will have more persecution and apostasy. It has been prophesied.
    The roll recipe looks yummy. I loved your scone one. I wish I knew how to make those adorable Ballerina Flats.
    I loved all the links. I really liked learning about how to store lemons. I wonder if limes should be stored that way too.
    The Minion Pin Cushion is adorable.
    I loved the series of show of Anne of Green Gables; I would probably enjoy the books.
    I copied down the 11 plants that repel Mosquitoes; I must do something for ours here.
    Loved this one and I am sending love and hugs your way~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, so glad that you have had a lovely visit with your family making new memories! I know you must be tired, but in a very good way.! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! You're a sweetie pie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!