Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

For TODAY, December 10th, 2014

Outside my window ...
It's still really dark, although I am late getting started this morning.  The computer was doing updates and I had to wait for it to finish.  Although it is now almost 7:30 it's still very dark out and cold.  Although a little glimmer of light is beginning to show on the horizon.

I am thinking ...
I just got news this morning that the daughter of a very old friend of mine is battling Breast Cancer.   She can't be much more than in her mid 30's and is facing radiation, chemo and a double mastectomy.   It doesn't seem fair somehow that someone so young and with so much life and promise ahead of them should be faced with this, while I . . .  who has mucked up much of my own life, am still sitting here scott free.  

I am thankful ...
That it's not my daughter.  I know it's not a great way to be thinking.

In the kitchen ...
 photo SAM_8379_zps09e429a2.jpg

Salsa & Mesquite Oven Fried Chicken.   Scrumptious.

On my "To Cook" list ...















Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets.   They look quite delicious to me!  I like chicken bites.

I am creating ...

 photo IMG_6250_zps14363778.jpg

My sister's newest felted creation.   A tiny polar bear.  He's so cute.   And look!

 photo IMG_6260_zpse59cf5f5.jpg

He's got the cutest little paw pads!  This bear is only a tiny bit bigger than a loonie coin.

 photo IMG_6261_zps00f55463.jpg

Cute, cute, CUTE!

 photo 3973cee38e4e64599a823e613330dc1f_zpsc59057f4.jpg

Scrap Book Paper Magnets from s.e.i. Lifestyle. It would be easy to personalise these.

 photo 1556b5bc67525ed06152e8866de4bd4a_zps60dfcbf3.jpg

Love these ornament gift tags from Etsy.  To buy, but how hard would it be to make your own?   No source.

 photo bd4055c89fb5cea8f3466df489d49c5a_zpsec2f8061.jpg

I adore this re purposed wind chime!  A simple idea from  Frugal Granola.

I am going ...
I've been asked to go for a screen test for a cooking show that they will be making over here in the UK in the new year.  It would be next week and Todd can go down to London with me.  I have tentatively said yes, but I am now waffling in my mind.  I think I am too fat.  Too old.  Etc.

I am reading ...

 photo LDS-scriptures_zpsa9c4a2a5.jpg

The scriptures at the moment and this months'  Ensign magazine.   Feeling a need to feel closer to my Heavenly Father.  Some weeks are like that.

Anyone got any good recommendations for some good fiction?

I am hoping ...
That I can shake this cough before next week.  The other Marie gave me a good cough remedy that I am using. So far so good.

Makes me smile ...

 photo ba545ccad010155261f6e4744a0084c8_zps9af80222.jpg

The sight and smell of a new box of crayons.

I am learning ...
I still have not mastered patience.  It's an ongoing daily process.   I wonder if I will ever master it on this side of the veil?

Around the house ...
I have a secret board on Pinterest.  It's called My Dream Home.  Here's a little glimpse.

 photo 80101e77f1b40690375747a5eafd7ecf_zps88d754c0.jpg

Yes, if money were no object, this would be my dream home.  I love the front veranda and the styling of it.  I'm an old fashioned girl.

 photo 261d1b3ecd9f73158a47909f8c1137ef_zps977ded46.jpg

Light and airy inside . . .  clean and crisp.

 photo 48eaf954f60dce8a960560cb181773e5_zps30fbb5ff.jpg

 See what I mean?

 photo fd29ea66ff56c583f1c43992be7331e5_zps80ac4f85.jpg

Oh, the space  . . . would be so lovely.

You get the picture.

I am pondering  ...
Most of the wealth in the world is held by a very few . . .  it's like a triangle with the wealthiest being at the top  and the poor at the bottom . . .  so many.   Yet we were given this most beautiful world with everything we need on it.  So few have so much.  So many have so little.  If everyone shared then nobody would need to be without.  My heart is always aching for those who are in need.  I try my best to make a difference, but it is a mere drop in the bucket of need.

A favourite quote for the day  ...
 photo ceec6518f83582fb9b3b934fc9e85f4d_zpsd18064b4.jpg

 `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“


“He who has not Christmas in his heart 
will never find it under a tree.” 
~Roy L Smith  

One of my favourite things ...
 photo ribbon-candy3_zps10abab37.jpg

Ribbon Candy.  I Loved it as a child.  I have not seen it in years.  They don't really do it over here and I haven't ever seen the hard candy over here that I always loved about Christmas either.   The little peppermint pillows and coloured cinnamon flavoured waffles . . .  rock candy slices with christmas pictures in the centre.

A Peek into my day ...

 photo 9ba9417f6688e10c296084cf007fff76_zps9452611d.jpg

Yep . . .  that's me chewing my cud.  I like to chew things over and over again.   I mean that metaphorically, not in reality.  I need to learn to let things go . . .

And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


16 comments:

  1. I have never seen ribbon candy in real life and it looks so pretty. Your dream house looks wonderful but that bedroom must be huge.

    Good luck with the screen test. I am sure you will enjoy the experience. People on television are all shapes and sizes so don't worry. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the screen test!
    You are just the perfect person for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny I am not nervous about the television part, just about my size and what they might think! Mind you the Two Fat Ladies did't do too badly did they? lol That is a huge bedroom I think as well Suzan. Our room is so small we can barely walk around the beds, they take up almost the whole room. I am longing for space I think! xxoo

    Thanks for your confidence in me Helen! xxoo

    On another note I can't understand why all of a sudden this page is requiring number verification as I did not set it up that way? Wierd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you to go for a screen test ! I think like the comment above that people on TV are all shapes and sizes so that doesn't really matter at all. Just be your own wonderful self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks Pam! I suppose if I come across as being confident, it may not matter how large I am! One can but hope!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the TV part doesnt bother you..GO For It.
    You would be a natural..you are a real cook..not out of books or copying etc..You would be refreshing..and fun.
    I would abhor it.
    I am actually so happy to not be working anymore.
    I love not HAVING to be somewhere at a specific time etc..


    Don't let your thoughts limit you..:)

    Just be YOU.
    And the chicken sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh really Marie - you are so talented and your size doesn't matter as long as what you do is enjoyable to the viewers - don't be afraid to take chances no matter what age and size. My goodness have you should see some of the food network cooks - really. Who cares what size you are - it's all about the presentation. Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thanks Monique! You're so kind! I wish I didn't need to work. But alas, I need some form of income. xxoo

    Thanks Brenda! You are such a dear! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to tell you a new cute coffee shop in town was offereing a felting class last night..maybe one day they will offer again and one of my daughters will come:)

    Your creations..bot you and your sisters are adorable.
    I hope you remember su when you are famous:)
    Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monique! You must take the class! I think what you create would be beautiful! You would love it. It is a craft that really appeals to the artistic side! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Marie, you should go to the cook show preview!!! As long as your cough is under control, go for it. You are too this or that is not the way to think. You are kind, intelligent, creative, and talented, with a lovely smile. What more do you need?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear the news about your friend's daughter Marie.

    You and your sister are really taking off with the needle felting. Today, I saw the cutest pins on Pinterest with needle felted mice and other critters. Then I looked to see who pinned them...it said YOU did! Heee! I'd love to make some mice too. Love them.

    Marie, don't let your weight stopped you from appearing on TV.
    It's a great opportunity for you. Concentrate on what you have to offer. Did you ever see Ina Garten who has her own cooking show? She's been on for years and is still heavy but who cares?! People just want to see what you're making. You can wear black and dress it up with a scarf or jacket. :-) Go for it Marie. You have so much cooking talent among other creativity. You will never forgive yourself for not doing it. Be confident and blow them away! I wish I could watch your cooking show. I'd tape everyone of them.

    Feel better soon! Love ya! xoxo

    PS. I'm sick today too. Dizzy, headache and sick to my stomach with a cough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww thanks Anna! I am praying my cough etc are under control by next week. Please, please! xxoo

    Val, she is having her big op and beginning treatment at the end of January. Her 36 birthday is on the 30th. I forgot all about Ina! She's excellent. I will go for it. I Hope you feel better soon. NO fun being sick close to Christmas when there is so much to be done. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Missed this yesterday so it is now Thursday morning !! I hope that you do go down to LOndon...will be a FAB EXPERIENCE especially if Td can go with you....go for it love xx2012

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am so excited for you to try for the Cooking show; you would be so fun. Just go for it!
    I love home you love and I especially love the Veranda too. The decor you have chosen is awesome.
    Thanks for your sharing on this one.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!