Tuesday 6 December 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 

 

FOR TODAY, December 6th, 2022

Outside my window ...
It's cold and dark. Frost lays on the ground. All is quiet. Yesterday when I picked up my sister and we were driving the air was full of mist from the frost melting away. Also, the smell of woodsmoke. It was sunny and the air was crisp and smelling of woodsmoke. My favorite kind of day.

I am thinking ...
Not a lot this morning. I am watching The Chosen again on Netflix. Enjoying it all over again and picking up things I have not noticed the other three times I have watched it. I love this Jesus that is portrayed in this series. He is like the Jesus I have always thought about.

I am thankful for ...
I have been in so much pain lately, but I still have lots to be thankful for. Family, home, faith, friends, cats. I am incredibly blessed in so very many ways. My cup is well and truly full.

From the kitchen ...


Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham. A complete tutorial. I did this for our Sunday dinner this week and we were all amazed at how delicious the ham was. Tender and juicy and the time it took to cook was also pretty amazing! 18 minutes, not counting prep time and the time allotted for it to depressurize. I will never cook a ham another way again.

On my "to cook" list ...




Plain Chicken, Champagne Chicken. This looks amazing!

I am wearing ...
One of my flannel nighties. I just love them. So warm and cozy. Worth every penny. Just like the nighties I had when I was a child. Why doesn't anyone in Canada make them anymore!

Good to know ...




I am wanting to create ...



Golden Lucy Crafts.  Crochet Gingerbread Gnomes.



Burgundy and Blush.  Crochet elf hat garland.



Yarn and Chai.  Buffalo Check Pot Holder.



Simply Hooked by Janet.  Holiday Tree Hot Pad.



Pretty Darn Adorable.  Crochet Hat Ornament.


I am reading ...



The Girls in the Stilt House, by Kelly Mustian

Set in 1920s Mississippi, this debut Southern novel weaves a beautiful and harrowing story of two teenage girls cast in an unlikely partnership through murder—perfect for readers of Where the Crawdads Sing and If the Creek Don't Rise. 

 Ada promised herself she would never go back to the Trace, to her hard life on the swamp and her harsh father. But now, after running away to Baton Rouge and briefly knowing a different kind of life, she finds herself with nowhere to go but back home. And she knows there will be a price to pay with her father. 

 Matilda, daughter of a sharecropper, is from the other side of the Trace. Doing what she can to protect her family from the whims and demands of some particularly callous locals is an ongoing struggle. She forms a plan to go north, to pack up the secrets she's holding about her life in the South and hang them on the line for all to see in Ohio. 

 As the two girls are drawn deeper into a dangerous world of bootleggers and moral corruption, they must come to terms with the complexities of their tenuous bond and a hidden past that links them in ways that could cost them their lives.

Have only just started this. So far, so good.

Looking Forward to ...
Studying the New Testament next year in Sunday School.

Dreaming about ...
 


Stoneware tea pot and mugs  . . . 



 


Little trees all in a row  . . . 



 


Christmas cookies, no adornment needed  . . . 



 


Skating . . .  it's been too many years now . . . but I used to sail across the ice.


 


A basket full of cheer . . .

Something I have learned about myself ...
I assume and sometimes take things for granted. I need to wait for other people to make their own plans without me interjecting my own plans into theirs. I am working on it. I think I am a burden on people sometimes and I am sorry for that.  I never want to be that, so I need to work harder on not being one.


Makes me smile ...




Corners of my kingdom ...



Emmanuel . . . I love the way the Christmas Lights were caught in this picture of the word Emmanuel. Christmas personified . . .  the reason for the season. 





Two today . . .  a frosty sunrise out the front window . . . 


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *To appreciate the beauty
of a snowflake,
it is necessary to
stand out in the cold.
~Aristotle •。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


5 comments:

  1. Good morning, drippy rain here but 5 Celsius. Heading out for some groceries. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Its about 6*C here at the moment (3 pm) but sunny and dry! I'll take it! Hope your grocery shop went well! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good Tuesday to you…lovely post…sometimes my comments don’t go through but know I enjoy visiting you. Happy day, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay V! I appreciate it when they do! Thank you! Happy day! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Pouring here..oy being in pain is very hard.. very hard..I am glad you have so much to busy your mind and fingers..Needed!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!