Tuesday 13 December 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, December 13th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its dark and quite cold at -6*C/21.2*F. My heat pump is working overtime. Its a noisy thing. I have complained about it before but was told that its normal. Oddly enough I don't hear it in other people's homes, just mine. Oh well. As long as it does what it is supposed to do.

I am thinking ...
I've been doing this blogging lark for a very long time now. I started over on AOL Journals and then when they shut down moved everything onto blogger. I don't get a lot of people reading these days, but that's okay. I actually like it that way. It was never about the number of people reading for me. It's always been basically just an outlet for me putting down my thoughts and feelings about things, and keeping a somewhat diary of my life. Most of the time I feel it is quite boring, but hopefully from time to time I am a bit more interesting. 

I am thankful for ...
Enough. I have enough. That's all anyone can ask for. In having enough, I can feel its abundance. There are so many in the world that do not have enough. I am rich by comparison. May I never take it for granted.

From the kitchen ...




Chicken Alfredo Bake. A tasty, quick and easy casserole put together from leftovers and basic larder ingredients.

On my "To Cook" list ...


This Garlic Butter Chicken on Easy Chicken Recipes looks fabulously tasty!

I am wearing ...
One of my flannel nighties and it is keeping me cozy warm this morning. Best money I have ever invested!

Good to know ...


I have difficulty with Numbers 6 and 16!  I am sure I'm not alone in that!

I am wanting to create ...

 


Repeat Crafter Me.  Snowman marshmallow mug crochet. Cute.




House Revivals. Advent Star.




Its Always Autumn, Origami Star.




No source, but I love these vintage Santa ornaments. So cute! They look like something I might have made when my children were small.




Liberty Creek on Etsy. Not cheap but cute. Pattern pdf.

I am reading ... 



The Girls in the Stilt House, by Kelly Mustian

Set in 1920s Mississippi, this debut Southern novel weaves a beautiful and harrowing story of two teenage girls cast in an unlikely partnership through murder—perfect for readers of Where the Crawdads Sing and If the Creek Don't Rise. 

 Ada promised herself she would never go back to the Trace, to her hard life on the swamp and her harsh father. But now, after running away to Baton Rouge and briefly knowing a different kind of life, she finds herself with nowhere to go but back home. And she knows there will be a price to pay with her father. 

 Matilda, daughter of a sharecropper, is from the other side of the Trace. Doing what she can to protect her family from the whims and demands of some particularly callous locals is an ongoing struggle. She forms a plan to go north, to pack up the secrets she's holding about her life in the South and hang them on the line for all to see in Ohio. 

 As the two girls are drawn deeper into a dangerous world of bootleggers and moral corruption, they must come to terms with the complexities of their tenuous bond and a hidden past that links them in ways that could cost them their lives.

Have only just started this. So far, so good.

Looking forward to ...
My footcare person is coming today. I am looking forward to that.

Dreaming about ...


Star shaped Marshmallows  . . . 


 

Christmas Markets  . . .  they do them beautifully in Germany.


 


So pretty . . . 


 (source)


A roaring fire . . . 

 

Tea for two . . .

Makes me smile ...

 


Little knitted sparrows  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ...




Nutmeg keeping an eye on the Christmas Corner. 




You can hardly see it, but Santa is there in the branches. Thank you! Its beautiful.

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Bring love wherever you go.
Shine light wherever its dark.
Leave blessings 
wherever you've been.
Be kind wherever you are.
~Mary Davis° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

10 comments:

  1. I wonder too about continuing with my website, don't get nearly as many visitors as I used to. But it is something for me to do. I always hope that even if people don't comment they are reading. It is really cold here today, They are predicting a snow even for the end of the week. We'll see. I love that crochet cup of hot chocolate and the snowman. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blogging is now more a personal journal which was why I started for the girls to have my recipes..LOL they never read..once in a blue moon they do..I appreciate seeing nice comments so much..Nearly gave up when all my pics disappeared..still smarts when I search and see danger signs instead of pics:( Your home is looking Christmasy!I think leaving comments became difficult if not on a desktop and a lot got fed up of trying to comment:( C'est la vie.I do it for the camaraderie..and journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, those little crocheted sparrows look remarkable!! I am with you, #6 and #16, I have never been good at!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, I read every day and love it. Even though I don't comment, you are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was me, Mary in Georgia. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours is the first blog I read in the morning. Please don't stop writing. Loved your Day Book. Stay warm. It's cold here, too, and snow is coming. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your blog every day as well, Marie, and have done for years. I also use lots of your recipes. They always work - particularly the short crust pastry and focaccia bread. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you so very much and please keep writing. Wishing you and the family the happiest Christmas. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read and enjoy your blog every day Marie. I rarely leave a comment. Bev TJ, from Mount Forest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie...I rarely comment but after many years, I'm still here. I love reading your blog and will continue to do so! You always have something that touches my mind and heart.
    Hugs from Idaho xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog, I hope you keep on posting …always something creative, heart felt, inspiring, yummy, educational, positive, informative, interesting and sweet. Hugs, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!