Wednesday 14 December 2022

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 
(source



I fear that my comment yesterday on why I blog might have made some of you think I was considering quitting. I am sorry for that.  I have not entertained the idea. I love it too much. I love the exercise it gives my mind to put down my thoughts each day, and I love the idea that someday, just maybe, my grandchildren, especially the ones who don't know me, will find it and then read.  And in reading learn how very much I loved them and that I was not a bad person who did not care, or a selfish person, or whatever.

But I thank you all for commenting and showing me that you appreciate my writings! You made my day, and I wasn't even expecting this show of love.  It is nice to be appreciated and I thank you for that. Thank YOU!

There was a time when I had thousands reading the page each day, now it is only about a hundred or so, and that's okay. I am content with that. I would be content if there was only a few, or even none. This is a very important creative outlet for me. It helps me to exercise my brain and to voice the song of my heart . . . it helps me to connect with like-minded souls, all of which is very important to me.


 


It was supposed to snow during the night. I was expecting to wake up to a landscape coated in and buffered by a blanket of white this morning. It didn't happen, not that I am complaining.  Okay, I AM complaining!  Where is it?  I want it!  I want to feel that same pre-Christmas excitement about snow again that I felt as a child! A promise was made that wasn't delivered!!  I know . . . it will come soon enough, and we will all be complaining that it's too much, and be longing for the Spring to come, but now, just now, I am longing for a white Christmas, or at the very least a white pre-Christmas.

Mom always hated a Green Christmas. She said it always foretold a death in the family. A silly superstition I know.  But there was probably some basis in fact. Many of these old superstitions did have a basis in fact in some small way. Perhaps it was thought that the lack of cold weather meant there would be more people killing germs about?


Oops, just looked out again and it's snowing now . . . yay!


 

There has been a long-held folklore that farm animals talk on Christmas eve and that at midnight they all kneel as they did at the manger when Christ was born. I have never lived anywhere that I could put that legend to the test, but I do love the carol about the animals. I believe it is called The Friendly Beasts. I love this version sung by Garth Brooks and his friends.

Jesus our brother, strong and good, 
 Was humbly born in a stable rude, 
 And the friendly beasts around Him stood, 
 Jesus our brother, strong and good. 

 I, said the donkey shaggy and brown, 
 I carried His mother up hill and down 
 I carried her safely to Bethlehem town;
 I, said the donkey shaggy and brown. 

 I, said the cow all white and red, 
 I gave Him my manger for His bed, 
 I gave Him my hay to pillow His head; 
 I, said the cow all white and red. 

 I, said the sheep with curly horn, 
 I gave Him my wool for His blanket warm, 
 He wore my coat on Christmas morn; 
 I, said the sheep with curly horn. 

 I, said the dove, from the rafters high, 
 Cooed Him to sleep that He should not cry. 
 We cooed Him to sleep, my mate and I; 
 I, said the dove, from the rafters high. 

 And every beast, by some good spell, 
 In the stable dark was glad to tell 
 Of the gift he gave Immanuel; 
The gift he gave Immanuel.


 


I had a very full day yesterday.  My footcare nurse was supposed to be here by 10, so I scurried around getting all the things I wanted to get done before she came. I would never want anyone to come to an untidy house or one which hadn't been freshly vacuumed, lol.  (I am so like my mom.) She didn't show up until 11 though. Apparently, we both had two different times written down.  

Dad showed up about 12 and parked across the road in Mr. McG's driveway.  He had been to town to get something done on his car and he had a dentist appointment in town at 1:30 so it wasn't worth him going back home for.  He kept us both company until Jenny finished and left.

I wanted to make him lunch, but he didn't want to eat anything before he went to the Dentist.  Then he came back here after he was finished at the Dentist because he has supper at my sisters at 4 and he didn't want to drive all the way back to his place before that. 

I did not mind in the least. It was nice getting to spend the extra time with my father.  He loves to watch Seinfeld.  I am not sure how many episodes he watched. I kept falling asleep. One of the hazards of getting up at 5:15 because your footcare nurse is coming and you have a bazillion things to do before she arrives.


 


Anyways, my feet are all done now, and I won't be seeing her again until January 24th. Next year. It hardly seems possible we are nearing the end of 2022, but here we are.

I watched the cutest movie last night. Christmas on Cape Cod. It was like a Hallmark kind of a film, I guess. All nice and the scenery was nice. I have always wanted to go to Cape Cod. Twas only a short film, 1 1/2 hours long. It wasn't anything you had to really pay strict attention to and so it was really nice to just sit and watch it while I crocheted on my autumn blanket, which might be finished by next autumn, lol.  I've been distracted by Christmas stuff.

I think I have gotten all of my cards written and posted and my packages too. I just have to put together the cards, etc. for Doug's family. I need to go to the bank first. I just give all the boys money now. That way they can get what they really want.  

I have to make a time with Cindy to go and drop my other grandson's gift off on their doorstep. Probably one day next week.  Or maybe I will just chicken out and mail it. I haven't made up my mind yet.


 

I am still not able to use my printer as a printer.  For some reason it won't go online. It is a wireless printer.  It has worked beautifully since I got it, for the most part.  I thought if I removed it completely from my laptop and then re-installed it that might work, but I have spent hours trying. I may have to just give in and buy a new printer. It shouldn't be so hard or difficult.  One thing I need to do and to do pronto is to cancel my ink enrollment plan as there is no use paying for something that you are not using.  I kept hoping I could get it working again.  Alas, no.

I want to go to Walmart this morning. Yesterday Jenny had a special foot cream she used on my feet for Diabetic neuropathy. It seemed to help a bit. She said that she got it at Walmart in the pharmacy there. I'll pick up Cindy and we will both go. I might even take my car through the car wash again. We'll see. 

Is it prideful to want to wash my car again? It looked so nice and clean the last time. I know it will only get dirty again.  I noticed yesterday that my father's car looks nice. His car is white. You would think that dirt would show up quicker on a white car, but the opposite is true actually. You have to get right up on top of it to notice that it's not clean.


 


I watched Episode 3 of the second series of The Chosen last night, entitled Matthew 4:24. (I am rewatching the first two series in preparation for watching series 3)

Matthew 4:24 says "And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought until him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatic, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them."


A brief synopsis of the episode: A long, exhausting day turns into night as the disciples help Jesus deal with a large crowd hoping to be healed. Around the campfire, over dinner, the group tried to get to know each other better. But tensions erupt.

At the end of the episode, you see the Savior come back to his tent, the rest have been eating and talking and he walks by them, clearly, he is exhausted. His mother gets up and goes to him, removes his sandles and washes his feet and helps to remove his tunic. He is so tired, and she tenderly washes his feet, blood from his arms, face, etc. and he thanks her and crawls into his tent. His exhaustion is tangible.  And you hear him say his bedtime Shema as the flap to the tent closes.

I cried and I could cry this morning thinking about it. The acting in this series is so well done. If you have never watched it, you really should. You can download the ap on your iPad, phone, PC, or your Smart Tv. It's totally free.  It's the Angel App. You can also watch the series on YouTube. I have the Angel app on my Roku tv. 

And finally . . . 



My Christmas gift to myself this year was this Print from Eva Koleva Timothy containing the names of Jesus. (Click on the link to get a better look.)  I thought it would go really well with the New Testament study this coming year and as well it spoke to my heart as I have been trying to focus more on the Savior and his names/attributes, etc.  It's beautiful.  I have put it into the frame that I had last year's Promises to Covenant Israel in.  It is so well done, for such a simple thing. I love her artwork. If I could afford it, I would have all of it.




The kitkats and I leave you with a thought for today as the snow falls . . . 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Always try to leave
people better than you found them.
Hug the hurt, kiss the broken,
Befriend the lost, love the lonely.
~Tiny Buddha•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Gingered Gingerbread Loaf. So dense and delicious!  Filled with lovely ginger, crystalized and powdered for a double ginger whammy!



Have a beautiful Wednesday. Be safe and warm. Hopefully I will be meeting my dad and friends for supper tonight. Fingers crossed!  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are continuing with this blog. I love reading it every morning, we have so many similar interests I would truly miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dagmar. I expect as long as I don't have a totally addled brain, I will be keeping this up! oxox

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie did you happen to try what worked for us? Going to the software that was installed on your computer with your printer? J went there..there is a fix set somewhere took 2 hrs and it was back online.What kind do you have?Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique I tried everything to no avail. I finally removed the software and re-installed. Again no joy! Maybe when Anthony is over here can sort it out for me. He's a tecchie guy! Its an HP pro Envy. wireless. xoxo

      Delete
  3. We are in for a big storm starting Thursday afternoon into Friday. We will do any errands that need doing today so we won't need to venture out anywhere, but can just enjoy it through the windows. How nice to have unexpected time with your Dad. Be brave, drop that gift off on the porch, seems a bit more personal than the mail. The cats love those perches and seem really content there. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay safe and warm with the storm Linda. I have e-mailed my daughter in law to ask her if it would be okay for me to drop it off one day when they are home. No need to talk to me or even see me. I will just ring the doorbell and go back to the car. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!