Friday 9 December 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!





I really love these decoupaged wooden hangers I found on Craft and Creativity.  They look really easy to make.




I think this rose garland is really sweet.   I just love it.   Easy to do too.  Why didn't I think of this? From Lauren Conrad.  Five things to try this month.




These Fleece Flower Petal Pillows are really cute.   They would be great in the bedroom.   From Come Together Kids.   A complete pictorial tutorial.





This is a really cool idea.  You print out your favourite font and then place a sheet of wax paper over top.  Trace using puff paint.  Let it dry and peel the letters off ready to use in whatever way you want to use them.   Brilliant!  From Virginia and Charlie.




I think this is the most beautiful thank you letter ever.   A complete tutorial on how to cut and make your own.   From  Craft Stylish. A complete tutorial plus instructions on making an envelope to go with it.




 I love this half moon crochet shawl I found on Lion Brand.   It looks easy enough to do. Not sure I would use green, but white or black come to mind.




It's a sock monkey finger puppet!  I love it!  From The Yarn Box.




 These Rice Filled Owl Heating pads are really cute!  From Modern Mrs Darcy. 





Fabric Covered Suitcases.  so pretty.  From Bright, Bold and Beautiful.





Make your own Decorative Trays using baking sheets, from Martha Stewart.  Simple enough idea, but what I like about it is you could personalize them.




DIY Paper Winter Lanterns from Lia Griffith.  You will find downloadable templates and everything you need to know about making one or more of these for your winter house.





From the same blog, I couldn't resist showing you these papered, hand painted Hydrangea blooms.   That blog is a gold mine of ideas for all sorts.   Lia Griffith.  Be warned.  It will swallow you up!!



Little Origami Paper Hearts.  It's in a foreign language, but the photographs are great and look very easy to follow.   From kokoko Kids.





Another type of paper heart, this one in the form of party invites.   Such a cute idea!  From Eat Drink Chic.  I'm not quite up to feeling like partying yet, but maybe some day.






Ten Unique Crochet Hat Patterns, from Hopeful Honey.   All free.


 


What an unusual doll.  I love it all.  The buttons, the patchwork base, the clay head and arms.   Found on Flickr.




It's kissing Clothespins!  I love it!  It's so cute.  Found on Lilyshop.




So delicate and pretty.   I think she is just beautiful.   Source.   There are a ton of ideas on this page.



I love LOVE all of these, from A Field Journal.





 Free Printable Reindeer for the table or mantle, or whatever.   Found on Fuxia Atelier.







I love this little Burlap Reindeer Ornament, don't you?  It's really easy to make too.  Found on Inch of Creativity.   






DIY Snowman Mugs.  So cute!  I think they are just adorable.   They'd be lovely with a hot chocolate mix in a baggie inserted and then given as a gift along with a candy cane stir stick.   Found on Sew Sweet Vintage.





Printable Roll-A-Snowman Game to enjoy with the kids. Kind of like snowman Yatzee!  From Mrs Albanese's Kindergarten Class

And those are my finds for this week. I hope there was something to interest you here!


A thought to carry with you . . . 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *"A Christmas Candle is a lovely thing,
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away
As it selflessly grows small."•。★★ 。* 。






In The English Kitchen today . . .  Mary Berry's Mincemeat Cakes.  I've tried them in two sized. The cherries all sink in the middle, big or small, but that's okay. The cakes taste great!

I binge watched all three episodes of Harry and Meghan yesterday/last night. I'm not really sure what to think, but I am feeling they were justified in what they did in stepping away. Darned if they do darned if they don't. It all makes sense to me.

I have a few things to take care of today.  I have some stuff to post and then my dad is stopping off here this afternoon on his way to his Ham Radio Christmas party which is at the restaurant a few minutes from where I live.  We are expecting rain mixed with snow today after noon.  Tis the season!

Whatever you get up to I hope that you have a beautiful day. Stay safe and stay warm, and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  

13 comments:

  1. I don't even know what channel H and Mis on..is it watchable? Im tired of it all lol ALL..I've watched the crown feel no compassion towards anyone except Diana.Cute things:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its on Netflix. If you have compassion for Diana, then you will enjoy this. it is very watchable. I have a great compassion for both Harry and Meghan. As Elizabeth says, he made his young family a priority. Who can blame him. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Watched first part of Harry and Meghan last night...seeing that at least, so far, see not a shred of criticism for them. Harry, unlike his sperm donor, has decided to make his wife and children a priority. Of course, a man who prefers an already married person instead of the beautiful Diana, could never understand that I think. I hope they will be happy in USA and safe. So glad Diana left him money enough to survive. Isn't it nice to be a peon? Who in their right mind would want to be royal??
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more Elizabeth! I, too, hope they will be happy and safe in the US. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lots of cute finds, I used to play that snowman dice game with my kids in speech therapy. Fun for this time of the year. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderfully satisfying job you had Linda. I really was so grateful to the speech therapist who worked with my oldest daughter! Thank you for your service! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I loved my job, travelled from school to school, and worked with many students. Very rewarding. Even today when I watch tv I can pick out those that have overcome speech problems, probably because someone helped them.

      Delete
  4. Delightful finds! Not a fan ANY of the ‘royals’ . Enjoy your weekend and your holiday preparations🎄…such a lovely time of year. ♥️
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your weekend is also a great one V! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lots of fun finds today, Marie. I especially like the hydrangeas and those pretty flower pillows. Marry Berry's cakes look good. I love mincemeat anything. Stay warm and cozy. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are also warm and cozy Elaine! Happy Sunday! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. I read your thoughts on Harry and Meghan with interest, as you've spent much time in the UK. I must say that as an American, I am ashamed of them. The Actress has made a first-class fool of Harry. And I cannot understand the Prince turning his back on his country. I hope their little children have some chance to become honorable people. Thanks for letting me vent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, I want to apologize to you for today's comment. While those are still my opinions of the royal ex-pats here in America, I realize that the post really has no place on your lovely, peace-filled blog. I m sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!