Tuesday 20 December 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, December 20th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cold and very wet. It's a little bit above zero and is not supposed to get much warmer today, and they say a bit of snow, but nothing that will stay.

I am thinking ...
I spent far too much money yesterday, but I will make up for it by being especially thrifty next month. This is far too special an occasion for me to be chintzy. My first Christmas ever with grandchildren in attendance.  Color me excited!

I am thankful for ...
Faith, family, friends. All are so important to me. And I count YOU as friends.

From the kitchen ...



In the kitchen today I am remembering when special occasions were marked by a plate filled with sweet baked "Dainties."

On my "To Cook" list ...


 


Jo and Sue.  Homemade Bits and Bites.  For the holidays.

I am wearing ...
One of my old nighties I brought back from the UK and my robe. Not quite as warm as the flannels!

Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ...



Made to be a Momma. DIY Waterless Snow Globes.




Cuckoo $ Design  Lunch Bag paper snowflakes.




Town N Country Living Pine Cone Garland.








Crochet Dreamz Pot holders.


I am reading ...



Look Unto Him, various writers, art by Eva Koleva Timothy
Though ours is a world of uncertainty, there is one unwavering source of support we can turn to for relief. The Savior of the World stands immovable and ever ready to help us through our mortal journey—all that is required is to look unto Him and live. 

 Look Unto Him, an extraordinary collection of essays and stunning artwork of the Savior’s ministry, affords readers a profound glimpse into the ways in which individuals look to Christ in their own lives. Featuring narratives penned by five well-beloved authors as well as featured artist Eva Koleva Timothy, each entry kindles hope and inspiration through poignant scriptures and the writer’s personal experiences and sacred testimony. With insights into the scope of Christ’s love and concern for all Heavenly Father’s children, this volume’s impressive artwork and accompanying written witnesses serve as powerful reminders of the Savior’s invitation to look unto Him as the focus of our faith.

I am about 3/4 of the way through the book. This is a book I know I will turn to again and again.

Looking forward to ...
I have a special lunch date on Thursday with some old friends and family. I am looking forward to seeing them.

Dreaming About ...

 


Fresh bread  . . . 

 

Stacks of quilts  . . . 

 
(source


Old roosters   . . . 

 

The art of applique  . . . 

 


Old cups  . . . 

Makes me smile ...

 

Snoopy and Woodstock . . .  my brother was a huge Snoopy fan.  Good times! 

Corners of my kingdom ... 



Cinnamon admiring the lights on the tree ... 

A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *"Snow was falling, so much like stars,
filling the dark trees,
that one could easily imagine
its reason for being was
nothing more than prettiness."
~Mary Oliver, Snowy Night.•。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


14 comments:

  1. Loved the Snow Globes. Snow Globes seem to be having a moment this year. We probably all spend more than we should but it's Christmas! Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Eaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really do love Snow Globes also. We used to have a beautiful one when the children were small. Santa and his reindeer moved around it. It was so pretty. Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I think we all want to make our loved ones Xmas special:) THis is exciting for you..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all want to make up for the last few years when things were difficult as far as getting together goes, and me I am having a LOT of years to make up for! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Marie thank you for your prayers!🙏💔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of neat old things...quilts are so artistic among some at least!! Have a great meetup with your friends and kin...lovely you finally get some time with grandkids again!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth! Happy Hannukah! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I sound like you, spent too much this morning, but it also means I won't have to spend much after the holidays. I bet excitement is building at your home, getting ready for grandkids for the holidays. We just got back from our early morning shop, it was getting busier in the shops and on the roads as we headed home. Glad to have it all done. Enjoy the day preparing for the upcoming holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the shops will get worse the closer it gets! Like you, I am happy to be done! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I loved each photo, so many lovely things…and Snoopy! I’m so excited for your family, you’re making a wonderful holiday and delightful memories for all of your family, near and far. I’m still working hard on getting ready but I do so enjoy all of it….and I hope everyone does also. Best wishes to all. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know how I missed commenting on this V. Do accept my apologies! ~Marie

      Delete
  7. Where do u live that it’s so cold. We are in Florida and actually it’s been cold here too. Reading this of course after Christmas I hope yours was a blessing. Ours was we have 8 grandkids and we all
    We’re able to get together. Lots of joy sent to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in Nova Scotia, Canada! Welcome! I did have a lovely Christmas, thank you! ~Marie Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!