Tuesday 31 May 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, May 31st, 2022


Outside my window ...
Its dull and raining. That's because it is garbage day.  It always seems to rain on garbage day, or snow, etc. On garbage day we can always expect some precipitation, lol  They finally cut our grass yesterday and they did an excellent job, even taking away the grass they had cut. Somebody must have complained. Last time they left dry clumps of grass all over the lawns. This time they did not. It looks nice out there.



I am thinking ...
Not a lot really. This is the last day of May. This month seems to have flown by very quickly. But I find generally time really does fly by quickly. June brings us to roughly halfway through the year. How did that happen???



I am thankful for ...
I would have to say that out of all the things/people, etc. that I have to be grateful for, and I have much to be grateful for  . . .  I am most grateful for my sister. I hope that she knows that. I love her, but I would love her anyways, even if she did nothing for me.  She has always been my best friend. She is an amazing, kind, caring individual and she always has been. When we were growing up she was the one taking in the bird with the broken wing, or field mouse (mom made her get rid of that one) . . . she has always been there for me. Always. She reminds me very much of my mother in many, many ways. She hasn't got a bad bone in her body. I wish I could do more for her. I can never repay her for the many kindnesses she had done for me in her lifetime. You can never out-give a giver. I love you Cindy. You are one of the greatest blessings in my life. When I count my blessings, I count you twice.



In the kitchen ...


The New England Haddock Burger.  Soft toasted bun, homemade tartar sauce, crisp dill pickles and perfectly cooked fish.  Sooo yummy!! 




On my "to Cook" list ...


 
Bernardin Home Canning: Because You Can: Rhubarb Jelly  Rhubarb Jelly. This looks so good!


Good to know ...



10 fun and informative tips that could save your life. You can find them here.


I am wanting to create ... 



Fabric and Ink  PDF Patterns. Cute! 



Milk and Chat.  A finished product, but very cute, inspiration possibly. 




Fab Art DIY      Again, very cute. 





Knitting Pattern   Cute sausage dog. Perhaps a pet for Luna. 




 

Lia Griffith   So sweet!  Woodland picket pals.


I am reading ...



Written on Our Hearts, Emily Belle Freeman 

In the midst of every challenge or adversity, one thing is certain—the Lord will deliver us, and the Old Testament can help us understand how. We may not be called upon to cross the Red Sea, be led into captivity, or be confronted by armies with strength far greater than ours. But there will be days when we face obstacles, danger, oppression, and injustice. And in those moments we can recall how to trust like Gideon, to build like Nehemiah, to plead like Hezekiah, and to stand up for what we know like Micah. We can draw strength from courageous prophets and prophetesses, from great women and mothers in Israel. And we can experience the sustaining power these biblical stories can have in our own battles of life as we remember that just as the Lord delivered the children of Israel, He has the power to deliver us.


Thoughtful and inspiring. This is so good.

I am looking forward to ...
Celebrating Dan's birthday on Saturday!  

Dreaming about ...

 

 

Roses on plates  . . . 

 

Glass door knobs . . .  Oh if only . . . 



 


Kitchen linens . . . 

 


Tomato Soup and a grilled cheese . . .  pure and utter comfort . . . 


 


Apple blossoms . . .  its that time of year  . . . 

Something to watch ...

 


I watched this last night (Pure Flix) and it was thoroughly charming. I really enjoyed it.

Makes me smile ... 



My cats always make me smile. Yesterday Nutmeg was helping me photocopy something for Cindy.  Seriously he is such a ham. He was right on the table next to me with his paw outstretched helping me to hold the book down on the printer glass. It was so cute. He wants to be a part of everything.

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 



Sheila's Bleeding Hearts. She gave me some for my own garden. I love Bleeding Hearts. Have you ever pressed them? 

A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Happiness is an inside job.
Don't assign anyone else
that much power over your life.
~Mandy Hale•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       




8 comments:

  1. Everyday has something to be thankful for, even dreary rainy days. I've never tried pressing bleeding heart, so off to pick a few and get them in my flower press. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that they press beautifully! I am going to ask Sheila if I can have a few of hers to press also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love freshly mown grass:) Looks so nice..smells so fresh.Yes I press:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they come out beautifully Monique! I love the smell of freshly mown grass also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too Elizabeth, it is an extra special blessing! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love… ‘happiness is an inside job’ …. so true!
    Happy last day of Marvelous May. xox, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!