Tuesday 3 May 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, May 3rd, 2022

Outside my window ...

Its clear and cool and sunny. It looks like we are going to be in for a very fine day. Yesterday was gorgeous. There is some frost on the rooftops across the way, but it is melting as the sun hits it and warms it up. 

I am thinking ...

How can it be possible that I have been a year in my little home already.  This year has flown by. They say time flies when you are having fun! And look at the two wonderful housemates I have now!

I am thankful for ...

I was reading my posts from last year this time, and I am very thankful for the journey I have been on and how far it has taken me. I am truly blessed. God is good.

In the kitchen ...


Chicken Pot Pie Casserole for two.  Totally from scratch from that delicious gravy, the vegetables, tender pieces of chicken and those flaky all butter buttermilk biscuits on top!


On my "to Cook" list ... 



Lemon Blossoms. Jalapeno Popper Quiche. That looks and sounds amazing. 


Good to know ... 

 


I am wanting to create ... 
 


Noodlehead.  Fabric trays. Love these. 




Here in the Midst.  DIY Door Stops. Such a simple idea.




Ann Wood. Chicken brooches or ornaments. You decide. Cute. 




No source, but very, very cute!




Designs by Heidi. How cute are these? Upcycled stuff.


I am reading ... 



Written on Our Hearts, Emily Belle Freeman 

In the midst of every challenge or adversity, one thing is certain—the Lord will deliver us, and the Old Testament can help us understand how. We may not be called upon to cross the Red Sea, be led into captivity, or be confronted by armies with strength far greater than ours. But there will be days when we face obstacles, danger, oppression, and injustice. And in those moments we can recall how to trust like Gideon, to build like Nehemiah, to plead like Hezekiah, and to stand up for what we know like Micah. We can draw strength from courageous prophets and prophetesses, from great women and mothers in Israel. And we can experience the sustaining power these biblical stories can have in our own battles of life as we remember that just as the Lord delivered the children of Israel, He has the power to deliver us.

Thoughtful and inspiring.

I am looking forward to ...

Its my next door neighbor's 82nd birthday today.  I am going to bake her a little cake and take it over to her along with a card.  She's a good neighbor and I want her to know I appreciate her.

Dreaming about ...


 
Pressed wildflowers  . . .  

 

Beautiful novels  . . . 


 


Pretty corners  . . .  and that clock  . . . 



Pretty shawls  . . . 

 


Pot bellied mugs with polka dots  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Watching This is Us for the second time around and enjoying it every bit as much as the first time, if not more.

Makes me smile ... 

 


Absolutely anything Holly Hobby  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ...  



This was Nutmeg all stretched out and feeling very much at home on the dining room table yesterday afternoon. My mother would have  a fit.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Sometimes the most important
thing in a whole day is the
rest we take between two
deep breaths, or the turning inwards
in prayer for five short minutes.
~ Etty Hillesum  •。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       





2 comments:

  1. Always lovely finds to check out. Lots of rain heading our way this evening and overnight, will enjoy the nice day while we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda! You have to take the sunshine where you find it! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!