Tuesday 10 May 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, May 10th, 2022

Outside my window ...

The sun is shining. The grass is growing. Dandelions are blooming, a million wishes waiting to be blown to the wind. Not a cloud in the sky.

I am thinking ...

Will there ever come a day when my first thought in the morning won't be about him . . .

I am thankful for ...

The journey I've been on and how its molded me. I like me.

In the kitchen ...



Tex Mex Ranch Potatoes. I small batched them to feed only two people. Always the most popular dish on a buffet table, these go with anything. Simple to make and oh so tasty!


On my "To Cook" list ... 



Inspired Taste. Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Thyme. 


Good to know ... 

 


How to pickle any vegetable.  From  Live Eat Learn


I am wanting to create ... 




Patchwork Pottery. Tea for One Mug Rug. Love this. 




Maggies Crochet. Floral Bouquet crochet dish cloths. 




Amy Doll Pattern.
  So cute. 



 

The Spotted Hare. Inspiration only. 




Agnes Creates. Easy to make felt candle ornament. 


I am reading ..


Written on Our Hearts, Emily Belle Freeman 

In the midst of every challenge or adversity, one thing is certain—the Lord will deliver us, and the Old Testament can help us understand how. We may not be called upon to cross the Red Sea, be led into captivity, or be confronted by armies with strength far greater than ours. But there will be days when we face obstacles, danger, oppression, and injustice. And in those moments we can recall how to trust like Gideon, to build like Nehemiah, to plead like Hezekiah, and to stand up for what we know like Micah. We can draw strength from courageous prophets and prophetesses, from great women and mothers in Israel. And we can experience the sustaining power these biblical stories can have in our own battles of life as we remember that just as the Lord delivered the children of Israel, He has the power to deliver us.


Thoughtful and inspiring. 

I am looking forward to ...

A road trip with Cindy and Dad later this week. Just to the hospital, but its always nice, and we always take a few detours.

Dreaming about ... 


Wooden bowls  . . . 

 

Sunny corners  . . . 

 

Wild flowers  . . .  in abundance . . . 


 

A cottage garden . . . 

 

The warmth of an AGA  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Discovery channel . . .  fascinating. 

Makes  me smile ... 



Corners of my kingdom ... 



Her favorite spot and why not  . . .  its soft, its warm, its comfortable and it gives her an excellent view of what's going on in her world  . . . 




And then there's this  . . .  my little Lion King  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*What we do every day 
matters more than 
what we do once in a while.
~Gretchen Rubin•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

2 comments:

  1. Love the crocheted dish cloths - too pretty to use. Enjoy your road trip with Cindy and Dan. Hope things go well with the appt at the hospital. Enjoy your day, Marie. Do something special just for you. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! I had a good day all things considered! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!