Tuesday 17 May 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, May 17th, 2022

Outside my window ...
All is wet and damp. Its been raining through the night. The bin men have been to collect the garbage. I always have way more than most people on the street. I am not sure what the difference is. Maybe because I cook and use products with packaging? Mind you the cats also make a lot of garbage with the litter and cat food containers. I had a lot of carboard and Styrofoam this week from the packaging the desk came in.

I am thinking ...
I am not normally a person to worry about/think about numbers of visitors to the blog. That's not why I write.  I write because I enjoy it and am wanting to put things down in a sort of diary for years to come. Who knows how long it will stay here for people to read really. The internet is quite transitional actually, and who knows if blogger will even be around 10 years from now. Who knows if I will even be around 10 years from now!  Anyways just out of curiosity I decided to check the numbers over the last few years. Most days I get anywhere between 100 and 200 readers, depending on the days of the week, etc.  For that whole month when my life was blowing apart I got over 500 readers a day.  I just thought that was interesting, and wondered about the dynamics surrounding the numbers. In any case I hope that some were helped by my sharing of my experience.

I am thankful for ...
Being where I am now. Having gotten through all the turmoil and drama. Being safe and content and feeling very blessed. Faith, family, friends.

In the kitchen ... 





Grilled Huli Huli Chicken for two. This was very delicious.  


On my "To Cook" list ... 

 



VBT Bicycling Vacations   Vermont Maple Cream Pie.  This looks fabulous. I adore maple anything.


Good to know ... 



A cute word I have never heard before.

I am wanting to create ... 


 
Mail Order Beads UK   These are cute. I have lots of beads and felt. They would be great on a desk to hold paper clips etc. 



 
Collectively Christine. I love potholders. Can you ever have too many? 



 

Stitching Together. Country Crochet Hot Pad pattern. 


 


MJ's Off the Hook   Floor poofs. 





Stitchberry Blog   Boho Striped pillow covers. 


I am reading ... 



Written on Our Hearts, Emily Belle Freeman 

In the midst of every challenge or adversity, one thing is certain—the Lord will deliver us, and the Old Testament can help us understand how. We may not be called upon to cross the Red Sea, be led into captivity, or be confronted by armies with strength far greater than ours. But there will be days when we face obstacles, danger, oppression, and injustice. And in those moments we can recall how to trust like Gideon, to build like Nehemiah, to plead like Hezekiah, and to stand up for what we know like Micah. We can draw strength from courageous prophets and prophetesses, from great women and mothers in Israel. And we can experience the sustaining power these biblical stories can have in our own battles of life as we remember that just as the Lord delivered the children of Israel, He has the power to deliver us.


Thoughtful and inspiring.  

I am looking forward to ...
Having dinner tonight at Glenna's across the street. The missionaries are coming for supper and she can't have them if she is on her own, so I am going to make up the difference. It should be fun. I am bringing dessert.

Dreaming about ... 

 

 

Pretty collars  . . . 

 

Painting time  . . . 

 

Unusual bee hives  . . . 


 

 
Cute  . . . 

 

Pretty embroidery  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Dancing at Lughnasa   It stars Meryl Streep.  Its about five Irish sisters and the happenings in their town.

Makes me smile ... 



Corners of my kingdom ... 


A chair big enough for six to curl up in, so long as they are dolls.  I had high hopes when I bought this rocking chair. I thought at least one of my grandchildren would get to sit in it. Not happening. Oh well.  The dolls are quite comfortable there.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Don't let the ugly in others
kill the beauty in you  •。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

4 comments:

  1. My largest art journal is embroidered with that embroidery..the cover..it is so thick I cannot close it.Art glued or taped to the pages of an Artist's Loft journal.I bought the pattern have no idea where it is..stored on an old computer in a dungeon somewhere I gather.People know you are safe and happy now so they feel they can skip a few days.Blogging is not what it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, it must be so beautiful Monique! You should share a photograph of it! You are right about blogging not being what it was, but I still love doing it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love, love your dolls! Happy May 17th, Marie♥️xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V! I used to make lots of dolls and I really enjoyed making them. I do need to get back making them again I think! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!