Tuesday 25 August 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, August 25th, 2020  



Outside my window ... 
Storm Francis is battering my windows.  And so it begins.  The autumn here can be fraught with one horrible wind and rain storm after another. I know it is another full month until Autumn officially arrives, but signs of it are all over the place.



I am thinking ... 
I have never been one to really want to wish my life away, but 2020 is rapidly going down into my books as the year I would rather forget happened. 


I am thankful for ...
My faith and knowledge of the Gospel.  It helps to lift me when I don't think I can take another step, face another day, etc.  Don't know where I would be without it to be honest.



In the kitchen ...  


Old Fashioned Prune Butter. This tasty spread is so delicious.  Lightly spiced with warm baking spices and flavoured with apple cider vinegar, honey and lemon zest.  I love this stuff.  Its also incredibly easy to make.  Beautiful spread onto hot buttered toast or slathered between cake layers! 


On my "To Cook" list ...   



Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen.  Drumstick Layered Dessert.  Wow!  


Good to Know ...  


I am creating ...  


  



Sentimental Stitches. Maple Leaf and Oak Leaf Pin Pattern.  Love these. 


Quilting Company. Quilted Table Runner Pattern.  


Didi Kate on YouTube.

 
Cecile Morgan on Ravelry. Easy crochet Tartan Rug.  


Sum of Their Stories.  Little House Lavendar Bags.  

  

I am reading ...  





My God Hath Been My Support, by David T Morgan

Nephi, that great hero of the Book of Mormon, is often viewed as a pinnacle of devotion: steadfastly faithful, profoundly spiritual, and unwaveringly obedient. But the beautiful passage of scripture often referred to as Nephi’s Psalm reveals that, like all of us, Nephi faced his own inner struggles in this mortal existence. His heartfelt introspection demonstrates that amid the trials of life, discouragement can burden us all—but it can also be overcome.

In My God Hath Been My Support: Seven Keys to Understanding and Enduring Personal Trials, author David T. Morgan looks to the words of Nephi’s Psalm to offer an inspiring message of hope and a loving call to action. Featuring tools and ideas on how to overcome adversity, increase feelings of self-worth, and endure the ups and downs of mortality, this scripture-based roadmap to a more fulfilling life is a joyous invitation to learn from Nephi how to transform sorrow into joy.


The author has a lot of wisdom in dealing with personal challenges. His insights come from both his professional and gospel experiences in life. I appreciate the usage of the "Psalm of Nephi" from the Book of Mormon. Nephi is probably my favorite prophet and his example in overcoming challenges and remaining Christlike is unsurpassed. Morgan hones in on this and gives several reasons why Nephi's example should be followed. I appreciated the personal stories and the C.S. Lewis references as well as the self-examination questions at the end of each chapter.

Dreaming about ... 


Pretty earrings  . . . 



Pottery Jugs . . .  


  

Something pretty to keep you warm  . . . 



Pretty hair jewelry  . . . 

  

Velvet pillows that beg you to sink into them  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Love on the Spectrum, Netflix.  This is really good. 

Makes me smile ... 

  

Hello Grammy! 

Impromptu "We love you" calls from Doug and Jake.  Jon and Josh were there also, but very camera shy. 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

(source)

Path to Ty'n Y Ddol House, Gwynedd, Wales.  Photo credit - Brian Burnett  

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
A man travels the world over
in search of what he needs
and returns home to find it.
~George A Moore•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .

  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   



 ✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!   
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
 



11 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Yup, it's storm season, isn't it?! It's the same here! Last week we got hit by storm, Ellen. So far Francis hasn't made it's way here. Hope you all will be OK there! I'm with you on 2020...it'll be quite OK to say goodbye to this year--the year that wasn't! :/ Thank you for the goodies and fun today--we need it, don't we??!! LOVE those leaf brooches--very pretty, and I love anything made with felt! That's a cute table runner. I haven't done quilting in a V-E-R-Y long time. That crochet tartan blanket has a very interesting stitch pattern. Those pearl earrings--like a shower of pearls... *SWOON*!! So sweet with the impromptu family love time--LOVE!! Happy week, Sister-Friend--LOVE YOU LOTS!! OXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it Tracy, it will be so good to see the end of 2020. Here's hoping 2021 will be a lot kinder to everyone! I am sure we have all had more than enough! Family love time is the best time I think. I can never get enough of it. Love and hugs to you and TJ and Luna. Bring on fall. Its my favourite time of year, minus the storms! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love seeing your son and grandson:):)The lavender bag..and Love On The Spectrum!
    Not to mention the fireplace♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I want to make some of those lavender bags. They are so cute! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of your son and grandson. I know how much my own mean to me. They do warm our hearts and our lives. I'm still trying to avoid thoughts of fall and just try to take in these last days of summer. Here it is warm and humid. Hot really. Labor Day weekend is when I'll start thinking about fall. Hopefully your storms won't be too bad there. Take good care !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope and pray that your heat and humidity ends soon Pam! There is nothing worse! I hate it myself! It was still storming this morning, but hopefully it will pass soon! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Afternoon, Marie, what a handsome young lad Jake is. And I love the bit about how grandmothers, mothers and daughters are all connected in the womb. No wonder it is such a strong bond. The littke felt house filled with lavender is so cute. Hope you're having a lovely day. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it a wonderful connection to think about Elaine! Jake is a real cutie patootie and has personality plus. He's just full of the "Dickens" as my mother would say! I am not sure where she got that expression from. I wish I knew! Love and hugs to you always, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lovely boys...how nice and that you can see them SO clearly!! We speak via skype weekly with our NC daughter but RARELY is it so clear!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do facetime on the iPad Elizabeth and most of the time it is as clear as a bell. Sound and everything. My sons even take me outside into their gardens, and vice versa! Modern technology has been such a wonderful way to keep in touch! Hope you are well! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. I always love your Corner of the Kingdom photo; so lovely. This was an extra fun Daybook!
    I do think this year is one for the books and I wish it would have a great ending.
    The old fashioned prune butter does sound old fashioned.
    Loved the thoughts on mothers and daughters eggs; it was fascinating. I didn't know that!
    The table runner is beautiful. I loved the headbands and the run. I'd love to do one in my McMillan Tartan colors.
    I have seen the book, perhaps I will get it and read it. It sounds really good.
    I do love earrings and hair jewelry; it's all so fun.
    I always love your Grammy moments. So happy to see your have had a facetime moment with them.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way for you two and Mitzie too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!