Friday 14 August 2020

My Friday Finds . . .

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you!   




 Toadstool love from Flickr. Inspiration only.  



No source, but what a sweet thing to do with a baby shoe.  



Goosie Girls. Embroidered pin case pattern.  




Japan Lovely Crafts. Japanese Hand Embroidery. Not free,  but very pretty.  




Handmade diy.  Coin purse tutorial.  




Sew Very Crafty.  Easy to make closet safe.  


   


Sew Very Crafty. Reusable Produce bag.  





Crafty Staci.  Pie Carrier. Reversable. 


   


Sew Can She.  Patchwork BenchCover.  Sweet!  




eHow. DIY Floor Pillow Mat!   



Tip Toe Fairy. DIY Laptop Bag.   





An Inspired Mess.  DIY Vintage Necktie Pockets. 




Sew Can She.  Padded Binder Cover.  



No Source, but isn't this cute! 




Ravelry. Hanging Kitchen Towels.  I love these things.  



MJ's Off the Hook.  Free pattern with video.  Lacy Days Kimono. 




Sophie Kay on Ravelry. Mixed Stitch hot water bottle.  




No source, but so cute. Three kittens in a cup.  Cross Stitch.


Knitting with Chopsticks.  Chair socks.  


   


Crochet 365. Crochet Sunflower Wine Cosy.  




Petals to Picots.  Pineapple Hot Pad.


 And those are my finds for this week.  Sick doggie again this morning. The Dog Groomer is coming at 8:30.  I probably should cancel, but really don't know what to do. If I cancel this close to the appointment will I have to pay anyways?  What a conundrum!

I had a lovely day yesterday.  Lots of flowers, etc. 


Roses from Mal! 


  


Lilies I can plant in the garden from Alesandra  . . . so pretty.  




Bay cuttings for me to dry from our garden  . . .  



Happy Birthday picture from Ariana, Jose and Grace. They are in self isolation at the moment for two weeks as they have returned from Spain.


  

More flowers, cards and gifts, plus we had a Chinese Takeaway for supper. I truly felt spoiled.  Thanks all so much for the Happy Birthday Wishes! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The most beautiful people I have known
are those who have known defeat,
known suffering, known struggle,
known loss, and have found their way
out of the depths . . . •。★★ 。*
~Elizabeth Kubler Ross •。★★ 。* 
•。★★ 。* •。★★ 。*  


  

In The Kitchen today, Homemade Blackberry Liqueur. I have always wanted to make homemade liqueurs.  They make great gifts for friends who drink alcohol.  This was my first time making any. It was very easy. It smells really nice and has a beautiful colour. If it tastes half as good as it smells, I know its going to be great!  

 Have a wonderful Friday.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!  











8 comments:

  1. Lots of cute Friday Finds. Those wee kittens in a cup are very sweet. My favourite Is the little change purse. It sounds like you had a lovely birthday yesterday, Marie. I'm sorry to hear Mitzie is still ill. I think I would be inclined to keep the dog groomer's appt. and let Mitzie determine if it should go ahead. I mailed your parcel yesterday. Because of the virus, it will take 3 - 4 weeks to cross the pond rather than the usual week to 10 days. Oh well, something to look forward to. Soon I'll be able to go make my coffee and see if the paper is here. Have a good day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something to look forward to Elaine! You can't beat that! Thank you! Mitzie was groomed and buffed and puffed and is feeling a whole lot better today! Love and hugs, xoxo PS - Hoping you are feeling better also!

      Delete
  2. I am so happy you were spoiled..Grace's hair is curly!!:)
    Hope all goes well w/ Mitzi..ohlala it's too late now with our time diff..but could you have called to ask? Not sure..
    I made that pie carrier..not exact..close;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace is a little cutie pie for sure! Love her to bits! I would make a casserole carrier, but don't think I will be sharing casseroles again for a long time. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Looks to me like you had a wonderful birthday! I loved the idea of necktie pockets, what a clever idea and most do have a stock of old ties around the house, I know I did.When my sons moved out they didn't take theirs with them.. I guess they'd outgrown them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I did! You can make some great cushion covers with neckties as well! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I think your Friday finds are unique today. I love those baby shoes; they remind me of ones I bought in my day of raising little ones.
    I really love the towels. I like best the hanging kitchen towels.
    The coin purses are cute. Right now in some stores, we can't even get coins back. It worries me that they are going to get rid of cash and only credit cards.
    A reusable Produce bag is a great idea.
    I love the floor pillow mat; it would work great for grandchildren stay over.
    The hot water bottle brought back some memories.
    The flowers are beautiful and such sweet gifts.
    I love that your dear friends are back and that cute baby of theirs.
    Sending loving Birthday thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are moving more and more towards a cashless society LeAnn! Here at the moment,stores are not taking cash for the most part because of the virus! Those pillow mats would be great for grandchildren. I wish I had some coming to stay with me! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!