Tuesday 11 August 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, August 11, 2020 


Outside my window ... 
Everything looks benign, but that would change in an instant. If there is one thing I really know about the English weather is this . . .  it is very changeable. I think it was Bob Hope who said, "Don't like the English weather? Wait five minutes."  

I am thinking ...
Some days I feel like a kid sitting in the back seat of my parents car asking, "Are we there yet?"  That's been this year. One long are we there yet? Can't wait for this trip to be over.  

I am thankful for ... 
Woke up to a very sick doggie this morning. Had a right mess to clean up, but thankfully she is sleeping now. No fun when our sweetie is not well. Fingers crossed the worst is passed.


In the kitchen ...  

Refrigerator Toffee Bars. No oven involved.  As simple as layering some crackers, toffee and chocolate in a pan and then chilling. Scrumptious! 

On my "To Cook" list ...  

  
Spicy Southern Kitchen. Praline Cream Cheese Pie.  Yummo!  Oh my goodness! 

Good to know ...  

I am creating ...  


 
Fibre Flux.  Free pattern. 


Niki's Home Made Crafts. How to weave in ends perfectly.  

Blueprint. Five simple edgings.  

Ravelry.  Sakura Face Scrubbies.  

   

Crochet Beja.  I love this concept. Its quite different!  

I am reading ...  

The Girls with No Names, by Serena Burdick 
 

Not far from Luella and Effie Tildon’s large family mansion in Inwood looms the House of Mercy, a work house for wayward girls. The sisters grow up under its shadow with the understanding that even as wealthy young women, their freedoms come with limits. But when the sisters accidentally discover a shocking secret about their father, Luella, the brazen older sister, becomes emboldened to do as she pleases. But her rebellion comes with consequences, and one morning Luella is mysteriously gone. 


 Effie suspects her father has made good on his threat to send Luella to the House of Mercy and hatches a plan to get herself committed to save her sister. But she made a miscalculation, and with no one to believe her story, Effie’s escape from the House of Mercy seems impossible—unless she can trust an enigmatic girl named Mable. As their fates entwine, Mable and Effie must rely on each other and their tenuous friendship to survive. 


Dreaming About ... 


Sealing wax . . . . 

  

Farmer's markets  . . . 



Pretty hair clips  . . .  you can buy this here.   But its expensive . . .   


(source)  


Breakfast  . . . 


(source)

Themed sewing baskets . . .   

Something to watch ... 


We've been watching all of the episodes of Newhart on You Tube. You can find them all here.  


Makes me smile ... 


Bunny noses  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

  

Arundel Castle, West Sussex     


A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
At some point you 
have to let go of what
you thought should happen
and live in what is happening.
~Unknown •。★★ 。* 。 


 
And that's my daybook for this week  . . .

  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆  
 



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
  



Have a beautiful day and don't forget! 




═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   

 

9 comments:

  1. How is your sore neck this morning, Marie? I hope it is much better. And poor Mitzie, feel better soon. Those toffee bars sure look good. And how sweet is the dear little seeing kit? It was another hot day here yesterday. Hope it's cooler today. We need a nice, bright, crisp fall day to perk us all up. The seasons are changing and we must change with them. Keep the faith. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response Elaine. My neck was still sore and I had so much work to do yesterday I didn't have time to play! Mitzie was still sick this morning. Its miserably hot again today! I can't wait until autumn, not to wish my life away or anything! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. You have been cleaning up for the past two mornings..oh lala hope you and Mitzi are far better now..take care..used to love Newhart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make it three Monique, again this morning. She is not getting anything to eat today. Not a jot! Whew! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi, Marie! Sooo GOOD to catch up with you! It's been a very, very changeable summer here in Norway! July was the coldest on record for 50 years. Today is 25 C--so a little taste of summer before it disappears... haha! I'm with you on the feeling of this year. I say to TJ, it's like the year that never was! It's hard to be hopeful about 2021, what with the likelihood of Covid-19 around for some time to come. So sorry sweet Miss Mitzie was ill this morning... Hope she OK! Ooo... LOVE all the crochet goodness here today! I really like the log cabin-style crochet blanket ideas! That little bee-theme sewing kit/basket is lovely! Hope your week is off to a good start, sweet friend... LOVE to you all there! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I like a lot of these as well. Too many projects and not enough time! Love and hugs to you and TJ! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Our actions do always come with conesequence so we much remember to make good choices. That book sound like a good one I will check it out. Happy Tuesday ! Sunny here today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Hot and muggy here again today! xoxo

      Delete
  5. That quote at the end is a really good one.
    Oh, I do remember my children asking over and over: "are we there yet". i am with you wanting to get through this one soon.
    I'm sad that your sweet Mitzie isn't feeling well. I hope she get's better quickly. I noted that she was going to get groomed and you didn't know whether to do that are not. That would be hard to know. Prayers for your fur baby they are so precious to us.
    Praline Cream Pie looks so yummy!
    I liked the summer safety chart; it's a good one.
    Very cute crocheted items. Thanks for the link to doing the different edges.
    You always seem to have some great novels to read; this looks like an intriguing one.
    I do love farmer's markets. Bunnies are so cute; loved the photo.
    Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!